Christmas Shopping '09

I'm getting hungry. :lmao:

Just had to say how fun online shopping is! I ordered my Dad's gift online and at that same time the UPS guy arrived bringing these :woohoo:
DSCN3075-1.jpg

I have good news on the gift giving front! DS was going to take a pottery class to make a gift for the extremely hard to buy for grandparents, but the class was cancelled. I emailed the instructor and he is going to fit DS into another class, but allow him to make the project from the original class! :woohoo: Can I say how much I love this teacher?! DS is so excited too! :goodvibes

Wow, I bet you're relieved.:goodvibes

bas71873yea for you! Your cookie doughs all sound amazing. I was going to make sugar cookie dough yesterday, but was thwarted when I realized all my butter was frozen.:headache: I agree that chocolate peanuts sound good.

Disney Mommy 3Wow, your trip is soooo close! :banana: I've tried to get up to speed on your PTR, but haven't quite yet, so let me say here, have a great trip!! Oh, and I'm a HUGE Anne fan also. I've read all of the books multiple times, except for the last one. I couldn't make myself read it more than once. Too, too sad.:sad1:

Just checking in! I now have more than enough for my girls. I got a great deal on the razor riprider (I have a true daredevil in the house) but think I am going to hold that 'til her bday....we are in the North and she will not be able to ride it until spring!

I picked up a nice scarf/ earrings and gc for my stepdaughter who is grown (what a relief)!

I then decided, because apparently I don't have enough to do already, that I would do an advent calendar thing! It has been fun! I have activities planned for each weekend and then little things (nail polish, gum, stickers, $$, candy and earrings) set aside for the week. December 12 is, of course, Princess and the Frog! Very excited! I had also planned to take them to see Polar Express at the IMAX...they always show it at our state museum...but NOT this year! I guess they are keeping A Christmas Carol this year:sad2: Not quite the same!

I order a Princess and the Frog kids beauty set from Carol's Daughter ...dd8 will be thrilled! I am just holding out for a possible last minute deal on a laptop for both girls to share (they need to get OFF my computer!)!

Baking day with my good friend is in a week and that stuff goes to bus drivers, before/ after school care folks (though we don't use them anymore) and neighbors.

My biggest expenditure, now, is shipping things down south to where we celebrat the holiday. I am insistent on not shipping the big stuff this year...too expensive! But that really is leaving poor santa in a bind...what exactly will be the big "eye opening" gift?? decisions, decisions!:santa:

Howdy friends!!!! Well, we are getting snow today!!!!! I am sooooo excited!! And its my sons 14th bday....and we leave eeeaaaaaarly in the a.m.!! What an awesome day!!!!!! So..I will check in with yall when I get home...unless dh brings his laptop and I get time to check in!!! Have an awesome week!!!!!
3 WEEKS:santa:

Howdy friends!!!! Well, we are getting snow today!!!!! I am sooooo excited!! And its my sons 14th bday....and we leave eeeaaaaaarly in the a.m.!! What an awesome day!!!!!! So..I will check in with yall when I get home...unless dh brings his laptop and I get time to check in!!! Have an awesome week!!!!!

Hope you guys have a GREAT time at WDW. So jealous :cloud9:

Wasn't the snow today awesome? My kids had so much fun playing outside, they built a small snowman in the yard, and cars were driving by taking pictures of it (you would think us Texans never saw snow before, lol) ..... in fact, my hubby was even sent home from work with a snow day. We ordered pizza for supper, had some hot chocolate, and then the entire family cuddled up on the couch to watch a Christmas movie .... doesn't get better than that. Great family time!

Hope that your son had a great birthday!!!

Enjoy your trip to Disney! Can't wait to read your trip report when you get back!

Okay..we are all in bed...WIDE AWAKE!!!! Sub is packed except for one suitcase and 2 backpacks that will be done in the morning after I wash my hair and get dressed!! Well, we had an awesome bday with our 'little' man!! He's taller than me by a long shot..not so little anymore...thanks for all the well wishes!!!!! Got the dog dropped off....bags all packed...sheets washed...most of allllll the laundry...it's never all done,but only a few items that I am not staying up to clean!! Ha!! Gassed up the sub.....ready to go!!! Now..If I can fall asleep fairly soon...I gotta be up at 5...hopefully it won't be tooo icy and slow us down tooooo badly!!! I just printed our boarding passes...they have all 5 of us spread all over the plane...they will be having to fix that tomorrow!!! Well....ya'll hold the fort down and I will check in when I get back!!! Love ya'll!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 , I just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread. I've really enjoyed reading and getting ideas for Christmas! :santa: I only have a few giftcards left to get. :yay: I hope you and your family are having a great time on your trip! :dance3:

Almost done! :yay: All I have left is DH who wants an iphone.

I had a frantic round of internet shopping last weekend and the orders are starting to come in. Once they are all here and wrapped, it will be time to relax.

I'M OFFICIALLY DONE! LAST GIFT CARD WAS PURCHASED TODAY! :woohoo: Now, I have to find a way to stay OUT of the stores so I don't continue to buy things, mostly for DD6, that she doesn't need. So, so hard with an only child (and a mom that likes to shop ;)).

The baking begins on Tuesday for teacher, dance instructors and the like since parties begin next week. :banana:

And as I sit here, my silly DD is dancing like the banana, the cool dude and laughing like the happy tv guy. I love her!

Ugh, I WANT TO BE DONE!!!! I have to wait for that last paycheck, though, to finish up next week. We usually have a Christmas Club payout to cover everything, but we had to dip into it this year for fun things like hot water heaters and transmissions.:headache: Anyway, I did check one more thing off my eldests list, the Lego Winter Toyshop is on its way! All my cookie dough is in the fridge and we'll spend a good portion of Saturday baking it off and decorating, celebrate Christmas with the IL on Sunday, and head to Kalamazoo for THE LAST of the shopping on Tuesday. Whew. Congrats to all of you finishers!:cool1:

Have a wonderful trip, Shawna!!:santa::santa:

Thank you!!
Disney Mommy 3 , I just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread. I've really enjoyed reading and getting ideas for Christmas! :santa: I only have a few giftcards left to get. :yay: I hope you and your family are having a great time on your trip! :dance3:

You are welcome! I am glad it helped you..we had a great time, thanks!
I'M OFFICIALLY DONE! LAST GIFT CARD WAS PURCHASED TODAY! :woohoo: Now, I have to find a way to stay OUT of the stores so I don't continue to buy things, mostly for DD6, that she doesn't need. So, so hard with an only child (and a mom that likes to shop ;)).

The baking begins on Tuesday for teacher, dance instructors and the like since parties begin next week. :banana:

And as I sit here, my silly DD is dancing like the banana, the cool dude and laughing like the happy tv guy. I love her![/QUOTE]

Of course you do!! Ha!! I know..sometimes the love for our kids is just completely overwhelming...glad you are finished buying stuff!!
Well...we are home...late last night. Trip was great...I will start a trip report later..maybe tomorrow....gotta go get our doggie...and unload those suitcases!!! I know you are all finished shopping while I was gone, right?!!:santa:
Well, I missed Friday, so here it is today:

11 DAYS:santa:

Well, my friends, I am down to the last few gifts. Stocking stuffers, Toys for Tots, daycare gift exchange (2 gifts) and something for DH. I know one thing for sure the other is a maybe (but I have to decide soon b/c it's from LLBean). Now I have to start wrapping! Probably on Friday when my kids are at school.
Have to bake some biscotti this weekend and maybe if I have time make fudge.
I am hosting Christmas Day this year - now I have to plan a menu. I'm thinking brunch and then appetizers/little ham sandwiches for the rest of the day.

Sheree...that sounds good for your menu...most of that you can make ahead and just reheat...save yourself some time and energy!! I am thinking of doing a quiche for brunch.....anyone have a good recipe? I usually avoid them because I can't eat bacon...all the ones I have ever seen down here are LOADED with bacon.... I may make chicken and dumplins' the day before..have that for an early dinner, with some veggies and dips for the kids.I only need candy for stocking stuffers..and dh needs to tell me what else he wants so I can go get it!!

Hello shoppers!!! I am sure you are ALL completely through shopping at this point? I thought I was then remembered my mother!!!:scared1:Geez...she is hard. I have all week to get it...I am not going tomorrow!!! Our shopping centers are nuts on the weekends. Well, this is the last shopping weekend before Christmas..which means we are at

1 WEEK :santa:
7 DAYS :santa:

I was 100% DONE, then DS came home with a birthday party invitation :headache: so I'm sending Dh shopping with him today because I refuse to step foot back in Walmart again until after Christmas.

I know the feeling...Wal Mart is a den of crazy people at this time of the year!I would HATE to work there during the holiday season...people just get tooo weird and lose all sense of normality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter