Christmas Shopping '09

WELL I thought I was done since October but then hubby informs me that he never bought any presents for me to put under the tree! So while he's underway I'm going to brave the sub zero weather here in Maine a week before Christmas and go shopping!! At least I know I won't get any weird gifts this year!!!

The insanity has begun in Central VA. I had some errands today and Target and BJ's (and the roads) are crazy. I'm not sure if it's last minute shoppers or people shopping because we are due for snow tonight and tomorrow??? We have lots of plans this weekend that the snow just might hinder, but, we are snow gear ready :-)

I have to go to WalMart at some point sans children and get stocking candy...they have been with me every trip and I keep forgetting to get it.dh is also picking out a new shotgun...he is taking my older son hunting this year...so that is part of what he wants for Christmas.....I think I might get a new camera...I have a Canon sure shot that I looooove... but it's getting older and I am thinking of giving it to my younger son....he wants one, especially since ds14 got a new one for his bday.....I think he will do great with it..very responsible and looooves taking pics. I got him and dd6 a disposable for our recent trip.....they loved it! This would be fun for them to use around here....anyway...anyone have Canon camera suggestions? I have the smaller one now...rechargeable battery....I have looked at one that is I guess the next up as far as Cameras go...it's a bit bigger, but has a 10xZoom and a 3inch screen....they said it was awesome for taking pics of your kids at recitals or playing sports.....my dd is in ballet...so that would be great! Also, it has a pretty quick lag time between pics....only thing is that the batteries are NOT rechargeable.....I really liked the looks of it...read some reviews and they all seem favorable. Any ideas? DH asked me what else I wanted for Christmas.....he is such a last minute dude....this would be a nice gift!!!!! If I can't get a new car...Hee Hee Hee!!!!!

How many times have you been "done" before you are really DONE?! :lmao: My latest "done" lasted about a week. Until I got on the lovely DIS here and discovered that CVS had the second round of Zhu Zhus. I was able to get the two that I wanted. DH and I will be at TRU bright and early to try and get Zhu Zhu accessories for a cousin. She is having no luck in her hometown. I am really done this time! :rolleyes1

Well,....I actually have 2 kinds of done..one is for my kids..the other is for adults and other kids if I have any to buy for. Mikes family used to do a white elephant for adults and the kids drew names.....they never got around to getting the kids names til at least Thanksgiving...so they are in the 2nd round!!!! My kids I get done very early...adults are usually just when I find the perfect thing!

only thing is that the batteries are NOT rechargeable

I have found that I prefer not having a camera with a rechargable battery. Nothing worse than battery running out and no way to replace in the middle of a special event. Back up batteries are expensive. They slowly lose life and last for shorter amounts of time. Regular battery cameras- you can always carry back up batteries, buy more anywhere if needed, or even use rechargable regular batteries. When you put in new batteries you don't have to worry how long the charge will last.

I have had that happen at a birthday party!! Pretty crummy!!! I don't mind buying batteries actually...not a big deal for me!

Snowing in Central VA. They are saying we could have 4 - 7 inches by morning :eek:. Really throwing a kink in the weekend plans......Nutcracker Saturday afternoon, Bush Gardens ChristmasTown Sunday evening and I need to squeeze the Princess & the Frog in there sometime too! On a good note I suppose, DD is beyond thrilled and I suppose and I can get all of my baking done tomorrow and just keep the cookies in the freezer 'til feedin' time!

I am calling this the "Tiger" snowstorm. :lmao:First they were not sure if we were getting snow, then a couple inches, then 5-6, then 10-12, now possibly 20! :lmao:

However, we have 11:30 and 4:00 performances of our Christmas production. :scared1:If they have to cancel for snow. It will be moved to 3 and 7 on Sunday. The children are already participating in the children's program at the 9:00 and 10:30 services Sunday and they were very excited about a party they are suppose to go to from 2-5.:confused3:

I wanted a White Christmas but...:santa:

Well, at least I have finished shopping and wrapping and I have plenty of ingredients for baking:thumbsup2

I know the feeling...Wal Mart is a den of crazy people at this time of the year!I would HATE to work there during the holiday season...people just get tooo weird and lose all sense of normality.
In my opinion, WalMart is ALWAYS a den of crazy people!! I cannot stand to shop there. I love my Target!!
Snowing in Central VA. They are saying we could have 4 - 7 inches by morning :eek:. Really throwing a kink in the weekend plans......Nutcracker Saturday afternoon, Bush Gardens ChristmasTown Sunday evening and I need to squeeze the Princess & the Frog in there sometime too! On a good note I suppose, DD is beyond thrilled and I suppose and I can get all of my baking done tomorrow and just keep the cookies in the freezer 'til feedin' time!

Where in VA are you? My SIL/MIL are down in Gloucester, near Williamsburg/Norfolk area. I'm guessing they're getting a lot of yuck right now. Ha - it was 27 degrees and sunny here today - a beautiful, wind-free winter day in MN!!

Oh - I forgot - down to one small gift - a bottle of wine for my neighbor/cleaning lady! I should have got it today while I was out. I ordered my Christmas cards tonight - they may get out by Christmas. Or the day after. All pictures from our recent trip. I should take off my ticker. It's depressing.

In my opinion, WalMart is ALWAYS a den of crazy people!! I cannot stand to shop there. I love my Target!!

I totally agree...I just keep going because I know where everything is and it is so darn cheap!! But, I too loooooove Target!!Where in VA are you? My SIL/MIL are down in Gloucester, near Williamsburg/Norfolk area. I'm guessing they're getting a lot of yuck right now. Ha - it was 27 degrees and sunny here today - a beautiful, wind-free winter day in MN!!

Oh - I forgot - down to one small gift - a bottle of wine for my neighbor/cleaning lady! I should have got it today while I was out. I ordered my Christmas cards tonight - they may get out by Christmas. Or the day after. All pictures from our recent trip. I should take off my ticker. It's depressing.

I took mine off as soon as I got home...made me sick! I felt all weepy!!

A ticker is a bit like Christmas....all the anticipation, planning, shopping and over in a flash.

I know I will feel the same way when it is time to take down my ticker.

Where in VA are you? My SIL/MIL are down in Gloucester, near Williamsburg/Norfolk area. I'm guessing they're getting a lot of yuck right now. Ha - it was 27 degrees and sunny here today - a beautiful, wind-free winter day in MN!!

I'm in Mechanicsville, VA (near Richmond)...about 40 miles north of W'burg. My in laws in Toano, VA and they are getting snow too and I think a friend on FB that lives in Gloucester or maybe it's Matthews but she was getting it last nite too.

Okay, ticker's gone, shopping's done (but for some food for the big day!) and now I must finish baking (biscotti and maybe something else) and wrap, wrap, wrap!!!
I have uploaded about half my pictures to photobucket, so once I come up with a title and find all my notes, I can start the TR!! I will post the link so you can all come join me in re-living the fun!

Okay...well...hopefully you are all finished by now!!!! I just have one thing to pick up in town tomorrow...my dhs family does the white elephant gift exchange...but it is usually good stuff..this year our limit is down to $15 per gift... I am gonna get a Circle E candle from our flower shop in town...I hope I get it back! ha!!! Other than that I am finished.. I had to get my moms yesterday(remember...I forgot hers before I went on vacation!!)..well, I got her a new journal....she LOVES to write, and we are giving her cash this year...so I am gonna put it in the journal...I think tonight and tomorrow are gonna be good for board games/ or time to read some of our Christmas books again!!!

3 DAYS :santa:

I'm done too. I finally dug my way out of my driveway on Monday afternoon after all the darn snow (YUCK) and DD and I managed to go see The Princess and the Frog. LOVED IT! We got her hair trimmed and did a last minute grocery run. We picked up my granny today, so she'll be with us for Cmas, and then I spent the afternoon shoveling the rest of the slush off of my driveway. I got out all of my cookie jars, platters, etc. for Cmas Day dinner with the whole fam. Still need to wash those.

Bakefest begins tomorrow. All my cookie dough, with the exception of my meringue santa hats which have to be done fresh, is in the freezer just ready to be baked so we'll knock that out in the morning, get all the candy jars filled up and a few other things on my to do list. I do need to run and gas up the car and grab a plant for my mother in law, so I'll do that tomorrow afternoon.

Then that brings us to Cmas Eve when we bake our sugar cookies for Santa and I'll be doing last minute stuff for the big day before heading out to the in-laws for Cmas Eve dinner and PRESENTS :)

I'm exhausted, but am a little sad that it's almost all over :(

Merry Christmas to everyone! :santa:

I'm FINALLY done, including wrapping.:banana: I still have to add ribbons, but I'll do those tonight while watching a Christmas movies. Today we'll be baking some lemon bars and some more "fake" toffee, doing a little cleaning and heading to some friends for sledding and dinner this afternoon. Tomorrow we'll decorate our gingerbread houses, go to church and have a fondue dinner. I have to hit the grocery store today for Christmas eve/day food so I better get a move on! Merry Christmas everyone!:santa:

Whew! I have to help DD6 buy DD8 a gift, but we are done! Still have wrapping to do and food to prepare, but I am waiting because we're expecting a big winter storm and not sure if everyone will make it over on Friday. I know I will have plenty to eat though! :laughing:
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! :santa:

I am posting this here to remind myself...I almost forgot...

I need to download all my DH music onto his MP4 player for him:rotfl2:
That will be his favorite gift and it cost only time.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter