what a bunch of great ideas!
:)

1. me - Top Ten Favorite Things About Disney World
2. Ilovepooh1 - My Favorite Disney Character
3. Twigs - Disney Giggles
4. wtpclc - Favorite Disney Memory
5. mla973
6. Aurora19
7. angelmom - Most magical about DW (still tweaking title)
8. Lindababe - I am (a disney park, resort or character)
9. disneyfreakjackie- favorite Walt Disney World Attraction
10.disney cruizer - The disney character most like me and why!
11. sweet maxine - My Favorite Food/Snack/Treat at WDW
12. franne - Favorite Place in Disney

pattyT said:
what a bunch of great ideas!
:)

5. mla973
6. Aurora19
8. Lindababe - I am (a disney park, resort or character)

I think I'm still tweaking too - I am (park, resort or character) What I had in mind was - the one that I would be If I was a (P, R or C) - but I guess disney cruiser said it more grammatically - does it make sense to you? OR do I have to stumble around trying to get a better definition? I wanted to leave plenty of room for your creativity . . .

OK - I think I'm going to commit to my theme.

"Favorite Disney Phrase"

You can scrap anything relating to a movie quote, song lyric, Walt quote, attraction song/quote, etc. Pick the phrase for any reason you like: it inspires you, it makes you laugh, it reminds you of something, etc. Obviously I can explain better in my instructions in the book.

Also, we haven't talked about formatting, but I assume it's okay if I do an 8x8 with page protectors???

Thanks! Can't wait to get started! :Pinkbounc

Is this the time we move the discussion to the yahoo space to talk about the details?

5. mla973 - Favorite Disney Phrase
6. Aurora19
8. Lindababe - I am (a disney park, resort or character) - still tweaking ;)

We can still chat here :flower:
I just wouldn't want to post mailing addy's here! and yahoo groups is a great place to post photos too!

Oops! sorry it's taking me a while to put my theme in but I think that I am going to go with Favorite Disney Song and you can tie it into WDW/DL or to the movie you originally heard it in. But I may tweak it 'cuz I have a hard time making up my mind on these things :rolleyes1

Patty, since this is my first circle journal to do, I need to get an idea of how many pages to allow for the project. I'm thinking of getting the spiral and just putting ribbons in, so I could take out the excess pages. Am I thinking right about this? In other words, would we set the journal up to have X# of pages--2 for each person's entries, and then 4 or 5 more for sign-in, rules, welcome page, etc.?

12 people x 2 pages each = 24
1 or 2 for intro/instructions
1 or 2 for sign in pages

Personally I buy the spirals - pull out the spiral and add the ribbons (VERY LOOSE to leave bulky room)
I leave all the pages in it as I can take them out at the end if they aren't use - but if someone wants to use 4 they can - no big deal

I bought my album yesturday :)
I like the Canson 6 1/2 x 10 from Mikes
I used it for my first CJ and I keep using the same one so that when my 'grown-up house' is done and I have a nice bookshelf I can have the same size books on them ;)
yes I am anal about stupid things

I was thinking to use the 7x7 CM disney book. I think that would be really cute. This way it matches the theme :) :earsboy:
Franne

I don't think I've ever seen a 6 1/2 X 10. Interesting - working that will require some thought. I'm excited :goodvibes

Joanne's had stuff on sale yesterday - I got two 5X7 spiral albums for $5.00 each, and 2 pkgs including a 12 x 12 post album and an 8 X 8 post album for $7.00 each pkg.

Now, I'm dithering. I usually use 12 x 12's with page protectors, and don't feel very comfortable with the spirals with no protectors - but they'd be less costly to ship and easier to package than 8X8's with page protectors. On the other hand, It would be easier to add pages to the 8X8s, if anyone needed more.

What do you all think?

I just tried to join the Yahoo group, but it won't let me. What should I do? I registered, and verified that already.

i never realized that joanns sold scrapbooking stuff! in our area, the one that has been there forever is closing since they are openning a new one in our new shopping center next month - i think i will try and swing by there this week to see if they are having any sales

i didnt have any luck at michaels looking for an 8x8 album - i saw an sei one that i liked online so i might have to breakdown and order that one :)

I have always used albums with page protectors, so that is what I picked out for this. I got a 8x8 Colorbok album (from Target) and have added extra protectors just in case. I have never worked on a book without protectors, where you could design open flaps/hidden journaling and things, so I am excited to try that here!!!

Also, when we complete our pages, do we post them to Yahoo through the DIS group? I am planning on putting them on 2Peas, but thought I would check. It should be easy enough to post to both if needed.

I'm asking because... Being the over-achiever that I am ;) I have some pages done already (my intro, instructions, sign in). I know, I know, what a nerd, right? :)

Actually, we are just starting to build a house and the next month or two might be crazy so I wanted to get a quick start on things so I don't miss the June 1 mailing deadline. I really wanted to do this, so I am trying to get a good jump on things. I'll post the 2Peas link sometime this week, and let me know if you want me to post to the Yahoo group too.

Megan :wave:

Thanks!

Twigs send me an e-mail
I will sendyou an invite

Thats awesome Meg - congrats!
you must be sooo excited :cool1:
we are in the middle of the same thing too - but I will be lucky if our house is done before the circle journal!
I would say post at twopeas and link it the yahoo group (in the links section) because I have come to find with other groups that they don't give you enough photo space for allthe pages and in 2peas you can make a specific 'album' for it.

You are not a nerd - or of maybe I am too - I got my cover and binding done yesturday! Started the intro pages too!
That is what I like about the Cj's too a lot of interactive stuff I don't do in my regular scrapbooks!

megan, are you going for extra credit?

i havent actually put together any pages yet (since i have yet to find a book - but am going to follow your lead and check out target!) - but i do know what my first few pages will look like!

i cant answer your questions about posting - since i have yet to post anything - so i look forward to hearing the answer as well!

have fun!
janice

I got my album this weekend, picked up the spiral at Michael's. 2 actually, since I'm in another CJ group on 2 peas. That one is due out this Friday so I need to get to work. But it was so pretty here this weekend, that all I did was start my gardens.
I love the idea of taking out the spirals and adding ribbons instead. Might have to try that!

I have my journals - the landscape spiral bound ones from Target's $1 stop. Now I just need to do the cover, intro & sign in sheets. I'm going to take the spirals out and probably put 3 of those big metal rings in for the short term & I'll switch to ribbons when it comes back to me!

I'm getting excited!

Patty - do we have a yahoo group for this?

Hey Patty - no clue why that is. I went into yahoogroups and don't see a way to change it there. Why don't you just send me an email with the info and I will find you via groups.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter