College Football 2020 (and 2021??)

Florida’s coach is asking for the school to allow a full stadium to help beat LSU.

What could go wrong? (and have they seen LSU? MSU and Missouri did not need the fans to beat them)

Florida fans should start a GoFundMe to get Bo Pelini (LSU DC) a contract extension by this Friday. :-)

Tulane fans could contribute too as interested bystanders.

Bama Ed

PS - Bama fans would pay in ....

We nearly ended our winless streak against ranked teams that dates back a really really long time. So long ago that Vandy is the last ranked team we beat.

unfortunately lost in overtime to #17 SMU.

this team is very Jekyll and Hyde.

Sorry to hear that Pluto.

I've been at Fort Wilderness all this week and leaving tomorrow for home. Gonna start packing up this afternoon and hope to get it all just about done so we can just hitch up and head out in the morning.

Some good games today culminating with Bama-Georgia.

Ya'll might be able to hear me yelling from here. :dogdance:

Bama Ed

I'll skip the hug, that Georgia DB who was covering Waddle needs it more.

I will take a win however. Good game. I was tired from driving but managed to watch it through.

Anyone else notice Florida's Dan Mullen wanting his swamp allowed to full capacity then the game gets cancelled due to positive players and he shows up positive himself...stick to coaching bud. Maybe the CDC can sponsor the Pandemic Bowl and Florida will get an invite. :rolleyes1

Well I fell asleep and didn't see the second half of Bama-Georgia (which apparently is the half to watch for Bama fans). The replay is coming to the SEC Network starting on Wednesday and I've set the DVR so I will get to watch it eventually. Saban is definitely in Kirby's head.

mmsabanbear_zpspsnztggn.gif

This weekend we play Jermy Proot and 10RC team. On Saturday it will be 5,118 days since UT beat Bama (10/21/06). Hopefully we can add 365 more days to that number. :teeth:

Bama Ed

I hear the Big10 is gonna start play this weekend. Nice of them to finally get going. Nebraska starts off with Ohio State so I will be pulling for the Huskers, rajak73.

Auburn-Ole Miss early in the day will be interesting. So want Ole Miss to win that one.

LSU (who is off to a rough start) has to start a freshman at QB against South Carolina since their starter is injured. Tulane is also playing UCF tomorrow. WeLovePluto, do you think both of those games are gonna break your way?

It is a light schedule in the SEC as several teams have their scheduled bye week now (and the rest over the next two weeks).

Roll Tide! Bama Ed

Well Tulane and the Huskers had a tough time Saturday.

Bama lost its star receiver Jaylen Waddle for the season as he returned the opening kickoff. Too bad.

I get to go to my first covid home game this Saturday when Bama plays Miss. St. in the evening. Hope the weather cooperates.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Yes the Big10 finally got around to playing, and Michigan looked good on Saturday night. Maybe it was the lack of khaki's by the head coach ?

we hung in against UCF longer than I thought. we leave too many guys running around by themselves in the secondary.

This week we play Temple. hoping that is more winnable.

Southern Miss is having a rough year. The interim coach got Covid. Then quit to take the head job at Austin Peay.

Trevor Lawrence is out with Covid as well. They play Notre Dame next Saturday. 10 days from his positive test. Will be interesting to see how they get him on the field for that one.

Trevor Lawrence is out with Covid as well. They play Notre Dame next Saturday. 10 days from his positive test. Will be interesting to see how they get him on the field for that one.

You know Dabo will weasel the rules to get Trevor to play versus Notre Dame. Given how Clemson struggled today against Boston College without TL, you know TL will be playing next Saturday.

Bama Ed

Absolutely he’ll be on the field next week.

Tulane fell behind 3-0 to Temple. Then scored 38 points to close it out. The defense was smothering (Temples starting QB was out, but I’ll take it.). We had some costly fumbles on offense but were efficient otherwise.

Well I made it to my first home game of the Alabama season versus Mississippi State.

99% of us season ticket holders were offered ticket to either the first two games (aTm and GA) of the recongifured 10-game SEC only season or the last three games (Ms St, Ky, Aub) and I chose and got the latter.

Bama is only allowing 20% capacity in this covid season so season tickets were not in their usual shoulder-to-shoulder location. I'm normally in row 10 of my upper deck section (the walkway comes in on row 4 so 6 rows higher). But this year I was temporarily relocated due to covid. Which is fine - as a kids I stood down on the sideline fence. My first few years as an alumni/season ticket holder I was in the first few rows of the north end zone. (I have found that egos are very expensive in this regard). So my usual row 10 is normally okay.

But as I said this year is anything but normal and I found myself in row 26 on my good side (still) of the stadium which is the tippy top row of the upper deck.

20201031_171250.jpg

You youngsters may not remember the ol' Miller Lite commercial with Bob Uecker (ex MLB catcher with a .200 lifetime batting average) about being in the "front row" (not)!

So being 16 rows higher is okay for a year.

20201031_171311.jpg

What the heck. It's not like I need to cheat and sneak a better seat. The seat Nazis had used twine and zip ties to encumber all the non-socially distant seats.

20201031_172503.jpg

What losers.

FWIW, the 20% capacity limit looks pretty sparce overall looking at the South End Zone.

20201031_190010.jpg

Bama took their foot off the gas at halftime leading 27-0 against State. So me and DD (my accomplice) left then to go home (10 minute walk) to eat dinner and watch the second half on the sofa at home.

Next week is an off week for Bama and then they head to Red Stick to play LSWho who got waxed by the Barn today.

Roll Tide!

Bama Ed

PS-I first went to Bama home games in the 1978 season selling programs before the game outside the stadium as a teenager. Then migrated to parking cars in high school in nearby lots. In both cases we got entry into the games after kickoff. Then college tickets followed by alumni/season tix. So over 40 years of home games (and just a few on the road). Bryant Denny Stadium feels like my 3rd home...

PPS - Final 41-0 Bama

Last edited:
I know Bob Uecker more from Major League. And then from watching Brewers games when I had the MLB every game package because he was their announcer.

Took kids trick or treating so I only caught 2nd half on television. Living amongst the obnoxious cow bell ringing MSU fans, 41-0 wasn't a bad enough beating but it'll do.

Anybody catch that halftime show during Florida / Missouri game? :rotfl2: :rolleyes1

New SEC Shorts video is out today.

LSU is on trial for poor next-year performance after winning a national championship. The court is made up of past other national championship teams.

Stay till the very end for the jab at Texas.....

Per the SEC Network twitter feed this week, only ONE college football team had a starter in EVERY position in the NFL this past Sunday.

EmA9TjTWoAEqqlo

Bama is NFLU.
IconCool_zpsusdsvwyx.gif

Hope that fact helps us in the next game. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter