College Football 2020 (and 2021??)

Yep. The fees will eat you up.

My 3-game package for later in the year that I did get averaged $138/ticket/game (includes a portion of Tide Pride along with the ticket price). I suppose that should be my target and I should be happy with anything under that but I'd like to be able to buy just one ticket for this game. And that's the average for my seat on the shaded/ Upper West/chairback side of the stadium and the secondary market prices those higher (as they should be). The get-in/low price seats I'm seeing are end-zone uppers in the corners near the top (obviously) which are completely in the sun for a 230pm game (even though temps should be nice). Although the school sprang for the rented seat cushion/back for the bench seats (which most of the seats in the stadium are) to make it easy to know where people should be seated (the cushions are only on the tickets sold which are socially distanced). So anyone sitting on the true bench is out of position and the coronabro's might get upset.

My regular season seats are on that shaded/upper west/chairback side. Guess I am spoiled?

Get-in price down to $58/seat as part of a pair for the upper deck, near top row, in the corner seats. Add $16 for fees per seat.

I wonder .....

giphy.gif

I might wait till tomorrow lunchtime and see who gets desperate. Not really seeing any affordable singles (currently $250+).

The Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder keeps telling me to skip it and save that money potentially for the Fort trip next week.

I dunno. Waiting and doing nothing for now.

Bama Ed

PS - for those of you watching games tomorrow, Auburn-Georgia in the evening is the "Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" - they first faced off in 1892. This will be the 126th match (they missed a game in the WWI years and a game in the WWII years). As a Bama fan, it's an opportunity to not care who wins or loses.

A&M barely beat Vanderbilt.

I'd listen to the cricket.
d96.gif

For $58, buy the pair and take a friend... If I was a little closer.

j

For $58, buy the pair and take a friend... If I was a little closer.

j

I would take you, bro. You need to learn about the SEC if you ever want to live down here and understand how the game is REALLY played.

Oh, I know about the SEC. I friend in Knoxville is a Big Orange fan as you are the 'Tide. He almost had be putting a big orange "T" on the truck, but then I realized they were really terrible. I was in NO last fall during a LSU weekend. Those folks are pretty militant. Missouri joining the SEC was all over the news here when it happened. Mostly from people asking why.

Maybe because I'm a "Northerner", but I don't get the whole college ball thing. I realize there aren't many good pro football teams down south, but there are the Saints. They're good occasionally.

I pretty much got turned off real football when St Louis kept losing teams. StL is a baseball town through and through. Hockey is pretty big here too, but they were perpetual 1st round and out until last year when they finally won the cup. From an amateur standpoint, StL is a huge soccer town. The announcement we were getting a MLS team in 2022 was huge here.

I do appreciate the history and legacy of Alabama. The number of national titles has to be respected, but beyond that, they're just another college team.

j

Oh, I know about the SEC. I friend in Knoxville is a Big Orange fan as you are the 'Tide. He almost had be putting a big orange "T" on the truck, but then I realized they were really terrible. I was in NO last fall during a LSU weekend. Those folks are pretty militant. Missouri joining the SEC was all over the news here when it happened. Mostly from people asking why.

Maybe because I'm a "Northerner", but I don't get the whole college ball thing. I realize there aren't many good pro football teams down south, but there are the Saints. They're good occasionally.

I pretty much got turned off real football when St Louis kept losing teams. StL is a baseball town through and through. Hockey is pretty big here too, but they were perpetual 1st round and out until last year when they finally won the cup. From an amateur standpoint, StL is a huge soccer town. The announcement we were getting a MLS team in 2022 was huge here.

I do appreciate the history and legacy of Alabama. The number of national titles has to be respected, but beyond that, they're just another college team.

j

Don't confuse 10RC fans for the SEC. I lived up there during my college work years. Not in our league. Let's work through your list:

"Missouri joining the SEC". Wait, wut? When did that happen? I though we were playing Vandy twice a year.

Alcohol plays prominently into every LSWho fan's weekend. That's why they like their kickoff times to be in the evening after dark.

There are pro football teams in Nashville, Hotlanta, NOLA, and somewhere in Florida. In the SEC, Sundays are for church services followed by the replay/DVR of your school from the day before. Amen.

I've seen StL the last couple nights giving up a lot of home runs to the Padres. I'm not in a position to boast because my Cleveland Indians have packed it in from now till spring training. But man the ball were LAUNCHING off the bats last night for SD.

Hockey? :fish:

Soccer? :dance3:

It's not just a Bama thing. I just want you to fit in to your new neighborhood when the time comes.

:teacher:

Me

I've seen StL the last couple nights giving up a lot of home runs to the Padres.
1 night! Last night was a let down, but 2 nights ago we smoked them 7-4.

Tonight is a real pitchers duel. Still 0-0 in the 4th. I was a little sad to see the Cubs go down in 2 this afternoon. I would rather they went down in 3. :)

j

1 night! Last night was a let down, but 2 nights ago we smoked them 7-4.

Sorry. From an outsider's perspective, the Padres seemed to bang away forever last night. Big letdown for sure. I must have lost track of what time it was.

Oh Rocky Top
You'll always be...

Daisy colored orange to me...

The only university where the fans can wear the same clothes hunting on Friday, to the game on Saturday, and picking up garbage on the side of the road on Sunday.

In the South, football is a religion. Literally. I can't emphasize that enough.

That's a great one Michael. I'm sure my friend has heard it before, but I may have to send it to him anyway.

And just like that, the Cards season is over. It was a great game until the 6th, then too many misakes after that to recover.

I thought the NL Central would would do a little better, but all 3 teams are out in the first round.

j

In fairness to Teamubr, though, the whole Sunday/NFL thing has been gaining in interest the last few years at least in my southern state. Mainly due to the college players who make it the teams around us. For example, Julio Jones with the Falcons, Derrick Henry with the Titans, and Mark Ingram (for many years) with the Saints.

Well, to finish the story, I didn't buy a ticket. With fees at kickoff the cheapest seat was $78 and would have to buy a pair. And the cheap seats were facing the setting sun, up high, blah blah blah. The deciding point was that we were playing a team that had beat Vandy by less than a touchdown the prior week so I didn't expect much of a game.

And it wasn't in the end. Guess I'll blow that money at Disney next week.

Some entertaining other games with Mississippi State going down after beating the national champs last week. And Auburn unable to score a touchdown against Georgia.

Bama plays at Ole Miss next Saturday afternoon and I'll be watching from the Fort! :happytv: You just KNOW Lane Kiffin would love to the first Saban assistant to beat him. It might happen someday. Coach Bryant was rarely beaten by his past assistants (Gene Stallings at A&M was a notable exception). So we shall see.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I'll be watching as well Ed. I think kickoff is around 5pm. Depending on your site locations you may very well get a treat as DW is fan of Ole Miss.

So...

It’s very Mike Leach to beat a top 5 team and follow it with a loss to (probably) the worst team in the conference.

but it usually leads to entertaining press conference quotes.

That's a great one Michael. I'm sure my friend has heard it before, but I may have to send it to him anyway.

And just like that, the Cards season is over. It was a great game until the 6th, then too many misakes after that to recover.

I thought the NL Central would would do a little better, but all 3 teams are out in the first round.

j

Yep, very disappointing NL Central, Cubs loaded the bases twice friday with walks and hit batters, couldn't get a hit....

Yep, very disappointing NL Central, Cubs loaded the bases twice friday with walks and hit batters, couldn't get a hit....

Yeah the season was over once my Indians got swept by the Yankees in the Wildcard series. The Indians were a frustrating team this year: 2nd best ERA in the AL and 2nd worst team batting average. Talk about Jekyll and Hyde! So it was time to wash the Tribe jersey one last time this season and put away in the closet waiting for spring training to come back around.

Looking at the teams that are left, anybody but the Braves, PLEASE.

At least now since college football got a late start there wasn't much overlap.

Bama Ed

PS - and college baseball has started about a month of fall practice (Alabama) and I had been counting on enjoying practices and scrimmages a couple times a week and then they announced that due to covid, fall ball is closed to the general public. :sad:
Darn it, I had just retired and was looking forward to a relaxed fall viewing season.

Hope you got the satellite dishes set up in time for some of the action today.

LSU-Mizzou was lots of fun.

then went to the park with with kids and got home in time for the last few minutes of Ark-Auburn. That was crazy. Auburn got bailed out by the refs.

We got the Disney cable tv working, Pluto.

Crazy day yesterday in the SEC with Mizzou beating LSU, A&M kicking a game winning FG over FL, Bama hanging on over Ole Miss, and the refs helping Auburn beat Arky with a bad call.

People moan and groan about all the points Bama gave up. But I do recall the 2014 Iron Bowl Bama won 55-44 and last night was 63-48. Those tempo teams will getcha before the defense can get set but you only have to stop them enough (and they can't stop you) to get the W and move on.

Bama plays Georgia next weekend.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter