Continued problems with the engines on the Fantasy

Fantasy, 6182 on the April 14-21. First cruise so there was nothing to compare it to, but the only time I felt vibration was when porting. That was usually a sign it was time to get up.

The hangers. Oh the hangars... We brought a white noise machine, but didn't bother the first night. After one night of clinky clink clink, we got it out.

I've only been on the Fantasy once, and, based on what I had read and the fact that we liked our forward Concierge cabin on the Dream, we booked a forward cabin on the Fantasy. I can't say for sure how the vibrations were overnight in the rooms, but I know that the vibrations were really noticeable during dinners. I was glad we were not staying in that area of the ship.

We ALWAYS cruise in the aft - just as we did twice before on the Fantasy - without any issues. I can only comment on our particular aft-facing room. Not sure if it was because we were on lower deck 5. We have 2 more cruises booked (NCL/RCI) - aft. I know the aft-facing balconies are very popular/desired so I assume our issues were Fantasy-specific. Where is your room? If it's a little more towards the middle or the "middle of the aft" section, I don't think I'd worry.

We are aft, but closer to midship. We're also on a higher deck. I was thinking of asking to be moved lower to make sure I didn't have sea sickness issues -- but it sounds like maybe we should keep our current location to avoid the worst of the vibration problem.

We were on the Fantasy April 28-May 5 and I'm hearing a lot of the cruisers were sick as well as they were leaving. It may have started with my group.
My family and I were on this cruise and we didn't get sick or hear anything about anyone being sick...but we did feel vibrations in our room at points during the trip and we were one room away from what was considered mid ship.

We are aft, but closer to midship. We're also on a higher deck. I was thinking of asking to be moved lower to make sure I didn't have sea sickness issues -- but it sounds like maybe we should keep our current location to avoid the worst of the vibration problem.
We were on deck 10 - felt the vibrations quite badly. It's not really a "how high/low you are" situation. It's a "forward/aft" situation.

We were in 9114 before dry dock and 8632 after. Both times the "vibration" was about the same. The hanger jingled when there was nothing on it. On the last day - booting it back to Port Canaveral was the most noticeable. Now, I've never been on any other ships, so I don't know what "normal" is, but this wasn't anything I thought of as unexpected. We're on a moving ship. I didn't see dancing water glasses, nor did any of my things get knocked off the desk. I wouldn't even think it anything unusual except for people on these threads. Maybe we were lucky (both were in March and fairly calm waters). Sorry, no. This last time there was a day of of rough waters out of St. Maarten. It still wasn't anything that was bothersome or caused things to dislodge themselves in our staterooms. I certainly can't speak for anyone else or anywhere else on the ship, but both our rooms were fine... except for the hanger thing.

My family and I were on this cruise and we didn't get sick or hear anything about anyone being sick...but we did feel vibrations in our room at points during the trip and we were one room away from what was considered mid ship.
We have a FB page with over 485 members that were on the cruise. So many in that were sick or visited the hospital once home.

We were on the Wonder last January - mid-ship and rocking was unbelievable! you could not walk down the big open hallways without walking from one wall all the way to other. The first night our magnet didn't work in the closet so the sliding door would open all the way and turn the light on - and then close all the way with a slam! After this repeated a few times we stuffed a pillow into the closet to stop the noise and it just kept the light on. The rocking was so bad that they closed the outside decks for the first two days. The CM said they had never experienced anything like it! We also were delayed docking into Galveston by many hours! We didn't get through customs until 3:30 p.m.!

I am hoping after surviving that trip and still have a good time, that anything on the Fantasy will be nothing compared. We booked a 5E stateroom on deck 9 so we could have the larger balcony - I will post after August how it was.

This thread has me worried about our upcoming Fantasy cruise. My DH is not really a cruise fan and is being dragged along. Is the vibration bad enough that he is going to be upset with me? Did those with motion sickness have issues?

I will echo that it depends on how far aft you are. We were on the Fantasy last month in 5650, close to midship, and noticed nothing except maybe when pulling into port, but even then it was almost unnoticeable- and my husband is a light sleeper. And as to motion sickness, he definitely has issues with rides in the parks-he gets ill enough to mess up his whole day- but had no motion sickness issues on the ship. He did wear sea bands the first two days but then took them off and still had no issues.

We were on deck 10 - felt the vibrations quite badly. It's not really a "how high/low you are" situation. It's a "forward/aft" situation.

I think the noise is much louder on the lower decks. We did a ship's tour and were sitting in Palo and I was pretty surprised that we could feel the vibration all the way "up" there.

We have a FB page with over 485 members that were on the cruise. So many in that were sick or visited the hospital once home.

So there was likely noro but because people were sick once they got home, it's not recorded.

No worries any issue is typically resolved quickly often on turnaround day.

But being honest we found the Fantasy aft have a vibration issue in and out of port anyway.
Just in and out of port? Not when out at sea? We have an aft room booked for next year.
Thanks!

Just in and out of port? Not when out at sea? We have an aft room booked for next year.
Thanks!

Nope, it was also every night just as we were going to bed. Maybe they increased speed then? Don't know but it was terrible.

We were on the Wonder last January - mid-ship and rocking was unbelievable! you could not walk down the big open hallways without walking from one wall all the way to other. The first night our magnet didn't work in the closet so the sliding door would open all the way and turn the light on - and then close all the way with a slam! After this repeated a few times we stuffed a pillow into the closet to stop the noise and it just kept the light on. The rocking was so bad that they closed the outside decks for the first two days. The CM said they had never experienced anything like it! We also were delayed docking into Galveston by many hours! We didn't get through customs until 3:30 p.m.!

I am hoping after surviving that trip and still have a good time, that anything on the Fantasy will be nothing compared. We booked a 5E stateroom on deck 9 so we could have the larger balcony - I will post after August how it was.
We had this same issue with the Magic trip to Canada this year, the light and the open and shutting closet doors kept waking us up all night. We talked to other cruisers who figured out a way to stop it using a pillow.

I find I can feel the rocking much more on the classic ships, confirmed for me this week too experiencing the Fantasy for the first time. Did the Eastern on Magic and Fantasy and rocking much worse on Magic

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just saying that my family didn't see it or hear about it.
I'm not on FB or I would have happily joined the group :)

The hangers. Oh the hangars... We brought a white noise machine, but didn't bother the first night. After one night of clinky clink clink, we got it out.

When we unpack, we hang up as many shirts as possible and make sure there is no "hanger to hanger" contact. The night before debarkation, when the closet is empty because we've already packed our bags, we usually take the hangers, bundle them up in a bath towel and put them on the closet floor until next morning....I cannot stand the click, click, click of hangers in the closet.

...........We booked a 5E stateroom on deck 9 so we could have the larger balcony - I will post after August how it was.

We LOVE Fantasy Cat 5E! We prefer deck 9 extreme aft (i.e. 9174). In the past, we've felt vibration when leaving/arriving in port and when we are crossing currents to/from Port Canaveral, but nothing that has caused us concern or missing sleep. :-)

When we unpack, we hang up as many shirts as possible and make sure there is no "hanger to hanger" contact. The night before debarkation, when the closet is empty because we've already packed our bags, we usually take the hangers, bundle them up in a bath towel and put them on the closet floor until next morning....I cannot stand the click, click, click of hangers in the closet.
Bath towel! Good idea. I just took them off the rails and laid them on the floor of the closet. Your idea is better, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter