Continued problems with the engines on the Fantasy

Just jiggling. It was just so funny at the time. I don't think it's an issue on the Dream at all compared to the Fantasy, but we did feel it vibrating up there and were glad we didn't have an aft room (I book midship due to seasickness issues). It must be so much worse on the Fantasy for people to be posting about it.
The Fantasy has had the issue almost since she came into service. There were hopes that her dry dock would solve the issue. But, no....

I can only vouch for MY water glass. OK, I stopped it before it actually fell, but it did make it's way to the edge of the table.

I remember reading about dancing tableware on the Fantasy before I sailed on her, which prompted me to take a vid of our mimosa and Wave Phones dancing on the tables at Palo. It was quite the show. Though neither danced off the tables or got close to the edge, but it did dance around the table.

I was on Deck 12 FWD and felt the vibration every night. About 100 people got sick, and it was unrelated to the RC.

100 people is really a tiny number considering the number of people on the cruise. The original poster made it sound as if it were an epidemic taking out most of the passengers. I felt no vibration at all and I was all over the ship.

We are the most aft you can get in cabin 7194. I am a little worried about this. We have been aft before on Dream and always take the hangers out of the closets because they make so much noise - we even asked the room steward to ask the neighbors to remove theirs as well because we could hear them in our cabin.

We are on a 3 night Fantasy cruise in July so hopefully if it is bad it is only for a short time. We love the aft views and love these cabins in the Dream that is why we chose this room on the Fantasy.

100 people is really a tiny number considering the number of people on the cruise. The original poster made it sound as if it were an epidemic taking out most of the passengers. I felt no vibration at all and I was all over the ship.

I believe CDC considers 3% of ship capacity to be an outbreak of noro. There's no way of telling how many people really were sick if many were sick once they disembarked.

We have stayed Aft many times. We have stayed in stateroom 10158 on the Fantasy. I get motion sickness and the vibration didn't bother us at all. It was mild except on a couple port days when docking. We love aft and will continue to book it. Our next Fantasy cruise is in stateroom 8188. What I wonder is if certain staterooms in the aft are worse then others on vibration. On one Fantasy sailing our in laws went with us and they were in an Aft inside stateroom (deck 7) and the vibration in that stateroom was more noticeable then 10158.

Somebody posted this (May 17th) on one of the cruise pages: (copy and paste)
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png

Talk about mayhem...
The power on the Fantasy is still out in parts of the Disney Fantasy including Royal Court and Enchanted Garden at dinner time!!!
Sooooo they have moved all those guests to Cabanas for a buffet meal and it is quite clear that there is NOT enough seating...
Poor crew is trying very hard to make everything run smoothly but some people are losing their cool....

*not my original post-just wanted to share*

I believe CDC considers 3% of ship capacity to be an outbreak of noro. There's no way of telling how many people really were sick if many were sick once they disembarked.

So it must have been less than 3% since it wasn't reported. I just checked the CDC site on reported shipboard norovirus. The extra sanitary measures must have kept it in check.

So it must have been less than 3% since it wasn't reported. I just checked the CDC site on reported shipboard norovirus. The extra sanitary measures must have kept it in check.

No, I don't think that most people who were sick after they disembarked reported it to DCL. It's likely that the 3% was met or exceeded.

No, I don't think that most people who were sick after they disembarked reported it to DCL. It's likely that the 3% was met or exceeded.

Sorry to play devils advocate. Most of my discomfort with this thread is that I was on this cruise and had a great time. There seem to be some people who are over dramatizing some events on the cruise. Maybe they experienced things differently but I think it is ok to give a balanced account.

So The original outbreak was on day 2-3. There is a 12 to 48 hour incubation period on average for norovirus. It seems like if there continued to be a large number of cases that lasted until after the cruise there must have been a lot of new cases during the cruise. I didn't personally know anyone who got sick. I didn't see a lot of people missing from the dining rooms. So unless there was a large number of people who weren't reporting their illness on board I have trouble believing an epidemic occurred. I'll shut up now. :)

But that tiny number had the potential to infect a massive amount of others.

We are the most aft you can get in cabin 7194.

We are on a 3 night Fantasy cruise in July so hopefully if it is bad it is only for a short time. We love the aft views and love these cabins in the Dream that is why we chose this room on the Fantasy.

We will be in 7194 immediately before you on the 11 night Southern on June 30. This will be our first cruise on the Fantasy as well, but we have been in 6190 and 6192 on the Dream before and loved it and had no issues with vibration.

We will be in 7194 immediately before you on the 11 night Southern on June 30. This will be our first cruise on the Fantasy as well, but we have been in 6190 and 6192 on the Dream before and loved it and had no issues with vibration.
The Dream doesn't have the same vibration issue that the Fantasy has.

Sorry to play devils advocate. Most of my discomfort with this thread is that I was on this cruise and had a great time. There seem to be some people who are over dramatizing some events on the cruise. Maybe they experienced things differently but I think it is ok to give a balanced account.

So The original outbreak was on day 2-3. There is a 12 to 48 hour incubation period on average for norovirus. It seems like if there continued to be a large number of cases that lasted until after the cruise there must have been a lot of new cases during the cruise. I didn't personally know anyone who got sick. I didn't see a lot of people missing from the dining rooms. So unless there was a large number of people who weren't reporting their illness on board I have trouble believing an epidemic occurred. I'll shut up now. :)

Neither of us has all the details. There were reports on FB of people that were sick after the cruise. I really don't know and neither do you. It is what it is. Happy Cruising!

We will be in 9674 on the Fantasy sailing June 16th. We picked the room for the extended veranda. It will be four (adults) in a room. Each of our three prior cruises we got two rooms - one for the parents and one for our daughters. Couldn't afford to do that this time with how much the prices have gone up. Really hoping the vibrations don't bother us.

I am really bummed reading this thread, but also kind of elated. I say this because we have cruised the Fantasy twice, once being last May right after dry dock and it was a mess! The lights kept going out in the dining rooms, the adult hot tub wasn't functioning for most of the cruise, the aquaduck seemed never in service, and on and on...even with all that though we never felt the shudder and shaking most of this thread is referring to. However, we did feel it the first time we sailed the Fantasy in 2015. In 2015 we stayed on deck 7 in 7162 and in 2017 we stayed deck 9 in 9620. The reason for my elation is that we were supposed to be on her right now and reading the part about lights out in the dining rooms AGAIN, makes me glad I saved a ton of money and did not sail the Fantasy again! Plus if the vibrations and shuddering are back. Maybe they need to send her back to Europe and get some real maintenance done?

I'm starting to worry after reading this thread. My dad and I are cruising in December and staying in 6188 for 7 nights. This is a first cruise for the both of us. I may not have the problems with the vibrations, but my dad might. :(

I'm starting to worry after reading this thread. My dad and I are cruising in December and staying in 6188 for 7 nights. This is a first cruise for the both of us. I may not have the problems with the vibrations, but my dad might. :(
The vibration issue can be really big for some, and others, not so much.

Sadly, there's no way of knowing which group you're in until you're onboard. I'd suggest going with a positive attitude and, if it really isn't bothersome to you, great. If it is, you've had a little warning and can, hopefully, make adjustments.

As bad as the vibrations affected our cruises, I would have no hesitation on going on the Fantasy again. But now I'm aware of the issue. That was the problem on our first cruise on her, I didn't know about it and, since I've cruised before (both DCL and other lines) it surprised me. We learned to cope, but it is a unique problem to the Fantasy.

I just looked it up in my Castaway acct the hell room (lol) on the Fantasy: 7676. And we have stayed forward and aft on the Dream multiple times (never midship) and no noise problem on the Dream.

You all have me really worried big time. I just booked the Fantasy for June 2019 and will be in stateroom 8610 (04A). This will be our first cruise. Now I'm second guessing myself. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter