Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No No No! My reservation is at YC! 😞
Well, as my wife said, hopefully they'd just move YC reservations over to Beach Club anyway. It just seems that if they aren't going to open all hotels as had long been rumored and now confirmed by Chapek, and if they don't open all the Deluxe ones, Yacht Club would make the most sense. Since it's the only Deluxe without a DVC resort, it's the most expendable. It would also help reduce the crowding at Stormalong Bay.

My room only does not show a balance or a way to make a payment. You have already made a deposit and you will be charged the balance when you check in. I never make payments on room only reservations.
My room only shows a balance still on mde under view charges.

might want to hold off until you find out what will actually be open at Disney. Universal will have an almost 6 weeks jump so a lot of their stuff might be open by your dates where as Disney will still be in early stage of opening.
This is why we cancelled. And, again, we would have modified our stay to cut it in half. But, alas, that isn’t allowed yet and we needed firm plans.

Well, as my wife said, hopefully they'd just move YC reservations over to Beach Club anyway. It just seems that if they aren't going to open all hotels as had long been rumored and now confirmed by Chapek, and if they don't open all the Deluxe ones, Yacht Club would make the most sense. Since it's the only Deluxe without a DVC resort, it's the most expendable. It would also help reduce the crowding at Stormalong Bay.
:poop: Stop it! I am ignoring these comments. **I am just kidding. **

Actually, I am preparing myself for the worst. If they move me, I really want a balcony and I really do not want the clown pool. But if they just flat out cancel me. . .

If Disney doesn't fully paint the castle before re-opening, then interns must be making all these decisions.
Painting it now while everyone is away makes the most sense since everyone wants a picture with the castle.
Makes the most sense...so you don't think it will happen then???

:poop: Stop it! I am ignoring these comments. **I am just kidding. **

Actually, I am preparing myself for the worst. If they move me, I really want a balcony and I really do not want the clown pool. But if they just flat out cancel me. . .
We haven't stayed at Beach Club, would actually prefer Yacht, it just had no reasonable availability for the Bounceback. We actually preferred Yacht lobby, but the biggest thing we're scared of with Beach - getting one of those standing room only balconies.

We haven't stayed at Beach Club, would actually prefer Yacht, it just had no reasonable availability for the Bounceback. We actually preferred Yacht lobby, but the biggest thing we're scared of with Beach - getting one of those standing room only balconies.
Totally agree! I haven't stayed at BC either. But when I stayed at YC, we had the perfect room. I like coffee on the balcony in the morning and wine in the evening. The suspense is killing me!

I have a DVC stay during thanksgiving week.
I have no tickets bc we always wait until a bit closer.
I assume there are a lot of people booked for that week already with tickets who will be offered park reservation opportunities prior to me being offered to purchase a ticket and do that myself - I get that.

my question is....would it a terrible idea to buy tickets from a third party (working advantage/UT) online and link them now “on the sly”...

I’m hesitating bc they’ll see the ticket purchase date is after this edict...but will that potentially not matter? Thoughts?

Totally agree! I haven't stayed at BC either. But when I stayed at YC, we had the perfect room. I like coffee on the balcony in the morning and wine in the evening. The suspense is killing me!
It's our space away from the kids (they'll be 6 and 8 this trip). We did one trip (first one) at Caribbean. Balconies are now a requirement since we can't afford a suite.

I have a DVC stay during thanksgiving week.
I have no tickets bc we always wait until a bit closer.
I assume there are a lot of people booked for that week already with tickets who will be offered park reservation opportunities prior to me being offered to purchase a ticket and do that myself - I get that.

my question is....would it a terrible idea to buy tickets from a third party (working advantage/UT) online and link them now “on the sly”...

I’m hesitating bc they’ll see the ticket purchase date is after this edict...but will that potentially not matter? Thoughts?
I am no expert. But Disney has to sort out July and August reservations and stays first. After that, I thought they were starting a 60/30 day ADR and Park reservation time line. So, I would think you would be able to wait until they are selling tickets again.

there will be no character dining when they open?

looks like there will not be. However, I wonder if they open some character dining restaurants without the characters. Tusker House for instance could easily still make money without characters. Boma, with a similar menu as Tusker House, makes plenty of money with no characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter