Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The AP availability calendar is horrendous right now. I basically couldn’t go to a park for the rest of the summer if I wanted to.
I think it has everything to do with the 3 reservation limit on AP, all the local AP booked all 3 days right away and that filled up July and some of August, so it'll be a rolling fill as APs start using their 3 days and booking more. Disney DID say that APs would have a hard time getting reservations, which makes me think Disney is NOT going to combine the park buckets and allow APs more availability.

I think it has everything to do with the 3 reservation limit on AP, all the local AP booked all 3 days right away and that filled up July and some of August, so it'll be a rolling fill as APs start using their 3 days and booking more. Disney DID say that APs would have a hard time getting reservations, which makes me think Disney is NOT going to combine the park buckets and allow APs more availability.

yeah, but if they gave passholders 7 days or whatever I think it would be even worse - plus some would probably already take a day or two to book Christmas, New Years, etc.

We have pictures each year of the kids at the entrance where you check your height against each type of candy bar (that's how they determine which rides you can get on)
It's cool to look back at those pictures as kids get excited they are "finally a Twizzlers!"
Me personally- I'm just excited Hershey finally rescheduled my Green Day and Def Leppard Concerts for next summer- I've been waiting on that so we can decide when we can go to WDW next year!

Aww, I love that! We did that with our daughter at Castaway Cay by the character buoys. It's also neat to see how the vegetation changed over the years as well as her growth LOL!

yeah, but if they gave passholders 7 days or whatever I think it would be even worse - plus some would probably already take a day or two to book Christmas, New Years, etc.
Yeah I don't think Disney is going to give APs any more than the 3 rolling reservation days, and I don't think the buckets will be combined- at least initially. Disney wants to leave openings for new resort guests and day ticket holders. This will make a lot of APs upset that there are openings for other types of tickets but not them, but honestly I don't think it's a big deal. It's almost a 2 hour drive for us so it's not like we go 3x a week anyway. I also think the full July calendar for AP has a lot to do with people just wanting to see it again once for the nostalgia factor, and not necessarily indicative of repeated rolling booked AP calendars.

Yeah I don't think Disney is going to give APs any more than the 3 rolling reservation days, and I don't think the buckets will be combined- at least initially. Disney wants to leave openings for new resort guests and day ticket holders. This will make a lot of APs upset that there are openings for other types of tickets but not them, but honestly I don't think it's a big deal. It's almost a 2 hour drive for us so it's not like we go 3x a week anyway. I also think the full July calendar for AP has a lot to do with people just wanting to see it again once for the nostalgia factor, and not necessarily indicative of repeated rolling booked AP calendars.

Yeah, no perfect solution. Does suck for out of town passholders who have to travel thousands of miles and spending lots of money just to get there and no guarantee to get in more than 3 parks. Also feel for people that want to hold some for later trips but also use some sooner (I know people running the princess or other races are bummed about not really being able to hold any days for then if they want to use some sooner)

No way to make everyone happy

Do we think or know that they will shut down rides for sanitation times? Or will they be handing you sanitizer and Lysol wipes as you board your car to wipe things down on your own? Or both? What are we seeing elsewhere?
I have a CM friend who works at Test Track who said they will have to shut down every 2 hours for cleaning. I think I read somewhere else that Smugglers Run was doing the same, so I figure that's gonna be attraction-wide.

Closing down every attraction every two hours for one cycle will significantly lower the hourly ride capacity, leaving less places for people to go which doesn’t help with distancing. I hope they aren’t doing this. People will still be sitting places that haven’t been cleaned. It really only benefits the first person to sit there after the cleaning anyways. I think itks better to keep the lines moving. People just need to be smart about not touching clothing thats had contact with public areas, which was always the smart thing to do anyways.

Correct, this won’t change anything though. These performers are part of shows not opening with the parks.

Agreed. But I do think it's interesting what they say in their statement:

"They made the decision to postpone recalling you to work," Equity writes. "If Disney really thinks their plan is safe, why have they postponed recalling you?" "Please join us on social media and help the public understand that a park without testing is putting performers and patrons alike at risk."

I just think if this message starts to gain traction, it will look bad that WDW is still deciding to open amidst the rising numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter