Cruising, Wining, and Disney Dining - Two 2012 PTRs in One! **TR LINK UP**

Hi everyone.

First an update on the accident and then I'll get to the daily plans. I was able to get the police report yesterday so I contacted my insurance company & gave them all the information so they can file a claim with her insurance. I called her insurance company to inquire about a rental and they asked for my version of events. When I finished they said her version was different than mine so they have to investigate and they couldn't authorize a rental at this time. :rolleyes2 I rented anyway (we have a Hertz location in our office) and I plan to get reimbursed by them once they figure out it was her fault. She told them she turned in front of me and made it seem like I could have avoided the accident which is obviously not true because then I would've hit her & all the damage would be in front of my car, not the back. I faxed them the police report which states she struck me, the diagram shows it, and she was issued a ticket for careless driving so she'll be getting two points on her record. They told me an adjuster would contact me Monday or Tuesday. If they don't guess who's getting a phone call from me? I'm going to bug the hell out of them until this is settled. I don't even know how the girl could say that because she has no leg to stand on. The proof is in the damage & the police report. I have to admit I was pretty nasty & sarcastic with the insurance woman. She didn't sound too pleased to be speaking with me. :laughing: Her insurance is not only going to have to write me a check but also probably have to pay for the two pedestrians medical bills as well as the damage to the telephone pole. This is why 19 year old shouldn't have brand new cars. Just sayin.

Anyway on with the trip!

Day 7 - 10/6

Touring plans is calling for high crowd levels across the board this day so we're opting to stay out of the theme parks. I'm sure we're going to sleep in as late as we can because we probably won't get in until late the night before. Whenever we get up we'll grab breakfast at Mara and head over to a water park. I think we're going to hit Blizzard Beach on our first wp day so today will be Typhoon Lagoon's turn! I think Kris is going to love it here. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get him out of the wave pool. And I can't wait to go on Crush n Gusher! That's got to be one of my favorite water slides in any water park.

After TL we'll head back to the resort and hopefully have a little bit of pool time before heading over to Raglan Road! We have an ADR for 6:45.

My outfit for the night:

disneypacking012.jpg

I've never been to Raglan Road and I'm looking forward to it. I love Irish pubs and I'm not sure why it took me so long to get here given the amount of times I've been to WDW. I guess because I never spend much time in DTD. But this night will be all about DTD! After dinner we'll probably do a little shopping and maybe hit up Paradiso 37 for a drink. I hear they have killer margaritas! I'd also like to check out Splitsville if that's open yet. We'll head back to AKL whenever we feel like it.

That does it for Day 7!

Has anyone seen this? http://www.disneyrewards.com/offers/epcotfoodandwinesept12 I just got a Disney Visa so I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not. We'll have to check it out!

15 days til Disney, 14 days til we drive to the airport, and 10 days of work remaining! It's getting close!!!

That sounds like a fun day at the WP and dinner at Raglan Rd, one of my faves.:cloud9:

I was just thinking about your insurance situation....why did you have to call her insurance company? Isn't that something that your insurance company should have done, or am I expecting too much from them?

Keep your chin up with this whole situation....remember, in 15 days you will be in WDW!!!:cool1::dance3::yay:

That sounds like a fun day at the WP and dinner at Raglan Rd, one of my faves.:cloud9:

I was just thinking about your insurance situation....why did you have to call her insurance company? Isn't that something that your insurance company should have done, or am I expecting too much from them?

Keep your chin up with this whole situation....remember, in 15 days you will be in WDW!!!:cool1::dance3::yay:

My insurance company did call them to file the claim. I wanted to know if they'd pay for a rental so I called them myself & then she started asking me questions. They would've had to contact me eventually to get my side of the story and set up a time for the adjuster to come. I just beat them to the punch. My claim was filed only a couple hours before I called them. If I leave it up to them, they'll take their time because they don't want to pay out. She said it would've taken another week to get the police report! I happily faxed it over :)

I'm trying! I just want it to be resolved so I don't have to deal with phone calls from the insurance company while I'm away. I don't even want to think about it then!

My insurance company did call them to file the claim. I wanted to know if they'd pay for a rental so I called them myself & then she started asking me questions. They would've had to contact me eventually to get my side of the story and set up a time for the adjuster to come. I just beat them to the punch. My claim was filed only a couple hours before I called them. If I leave it up to them, they'll take their time because they don't want to pay out. She said it would've taken another week to get the police report! I happily faxed it over :)

I'm trying! I just want it to be resolved so I don't have to deal with phone calls from the insurance company while I'm away. I don't even want to think about it then!

Good for you in being proactive! Are they covering a rental car? Since I live in CA alone now I would really be in trouble without a car. Especially since I work night shift!

I can't even believe that girl!! And her insurance company! :furious: Ugh, some people.... She'll get what's coming to her, so don't fret it! :thumbsup2

I can't believe your trip is so close!! :hyper: Your Day 7 plans sound awesome! We've only been to TL and absolutely love it! And I've heard Raglan Road is supposed to be soooo yummy! I thought about booking a meal there, I just don't know if Emma would find much to eat (a picky 2 1/2 year old, gotta love 'em). But one of these next trips for sure!

Counting the days down for ya!!! Can't wait!

Good for you in being proactive! Are they covering a rental car? Since I live in CA alone now I would really be in trouble without a car. Especially since I work night shift!

They won't authorize coverage for a rental until they determine who was at fault. Once they determine it was her (how could they not??) it should be covered. I work for AAA and our insurance people told me just to rent and if anything, I might be on the hook for 10% of it. So right now it's being billed to me but as soon as I get the go ahead, it's going straight to her insurance & I'm going to submit anything I was charged for reimbursement. Her insurance company is dragging out an 'investigation' because they simply do not want to fork over money. So I'm going to annoy the crap out of them until they do. :laughing:

I can't even believe that girl!! And her insurance company! :furious: Ugh, some people.... She'll get what's coming to her, so don't fret it! :thumbsup2

I can't believe your trip is so close!! :hyper: Your Day 7 plans sound awesome! We've only been to TL and absolutely love it! And I've heard Raglan Road is supposed to be soooo yummy! I thought about booking a meal there, I just don't know if Emma would find much to eat (a picky 2 1/2 year old, gotta love 'em). But one of these next trips for sure!

Counting the days down for ya!!! Can't wait!

I can't believe them either! The insurance company is frustrating but they're acting this way because they don't want to pay out a chunk of change. I'm sure they'll try to drag it out as long as possible.

Two weeks to go!

Hey guys. I'm just posting an updated to-do list so keep track. It helps keep me sane. :)

• Get haircut. I plan on doing this sometime next week. My hair is past my shoulders and I want it cut a little longer than chin length. Super easy to dry & style and it'll keep me cooler. still have to do this. Planning to go a week before we leave
  • Go through what travel size stuff I have and go to Harmon & buy anything else I need. Probably going to go on 9/28
  • Plan my daily outfits! done!
  • Do my nails! will do this 9/27 or 9/28
  • Print out Dan's instructions for the Photopass share so I don't mess it up for him! ;) That's really something I have to worry about after the trip but I still want to look it over again. Dan sent me an updated email so we're all good!
  • Put my trip binder together. I have a folder with all of our confirmations in my desk at work. I keep meaning to bring it home and put it all in the binder and so far I haven't. still have to do this
  • Online check-in for hotel, car rental, and flight! ditto
  • Pack! probably won't do this until the night before we leave
  • Cash in change jar and put money toward my Disney fund. probably do this on 9/27
  • Drop the cat off at my mom's. My sister is cat sitting! doing this on 9/26
  • Add Disney songs to my phone. I thought it'd be appropriate to wake up to the Circle of Life everyday since we're staying at AKL! :) I have to FIND the Disney music first. It's on a flash drive somewhere
  • Buy memory card for camera done! I got a class 4 8GB card for $4 through amazon!

2 weeks to go!

I can't wait to check everything off my to do list tomorrow!!! I am such a list maker and I love being able to put a check mark or cross things off my list. I have one "master" to do list and then a bunch of small post it notes all over my mirror. It's getting out of hand!

I can't wait to check everything off my to do list tomorrow!!! I am such a list maker and I love being able to put a check mark or cross things off my list. I have one "master" to do list and then a bunch of small post it notes all over my mirror. It's getting out of hand!

You leave so soon! I'm jealous! I hope I can get everything done before we leave.

Two weeks! :cool1: I still have about 5 to go. So ready for it to be here, but have SO MUCH to do before then!!

Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry about your accident!! That is so frustrating. I can't believe some people! HOW IS EVERYONE SO CARELESS?!?! And the fact that her story isn't matching up. Seriously, girl? did you really think that the police report wouldn't ever make it over? I'm glad everyone is okay and that you are okay. WHAT A HEADACHE. Keep us updated on your car and everything!

You DO need a vacation! I'm so glad you are so close!!

Two weeks! :cool1: I still have about 5 to go. So ready for it to be here, but have SO MUCH to do before then!!

Yeah there's a lot to do! I hope I can get it all done.

Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry about your accident!! That is so frustrating. I can't believe some people! HOW IS EVERYONE SO CARELESS?!?! And the fact that her story isn't matching up. Seriously, girl? did you really think that the police report wouldn't ever make it over? I'm glad everyone is okay and that you are okay. WHAT A HEADACHE. Keep us updated on your car and everything!

You DO need a vacation! I'm so glad you are so close!!

It's a huge headache. The adjuster still hasn't contacted me. I'm so frustrated with this whole situation especially because it's her fault! They're going to get another nasty call from me tomorrow because I need a car. I have a rental but I can't keep it forever and I don't want to pay for it! If they deny my claim I'm going to go after her in court. I've been going through a lot the past few months and this is the last thing I needed.

You're moving along with that check list!:thumbsup2
I'm glad you called that stupid insurance company!!:furious: I hope that this gets resolved asap!
I can NOT believe how close your trip is now!!!:banana::cool1:

You're moving along with that check list!:thumbsup2
I'm glad you called that stupid insurance company!!:furious: I hope that this gets resolved asap!
I can NOT believe how close your trip is now!!!:banana::cool1:

Ugh. Don't even get me started on the insurance company.

11 days to go! :)

Ugh. Don't even get me started on the insurance company.

11 days to go! :)

Hopefully it is taken care of before you leave but if its not at least you will have the time in WDW to COMPLETELY forget about it!! Make sure you enjoy your trip and NO worries till you get back!! Don't ruin your trip over it!

Hi guys!

This update is going to be all over the place! I just wanted to update my checklist again & update you all about the accident. Plus my online check-in day is approaching!

Accident: The adjuster never called me. Big surprise. I had a feeling that was going to happen. The claims person told me Monday or Tuesday so I gave them til the end of the day yesterday & called her up this morning. Of course she didn't answer so I had to leave a message. It wasn't very nice. Basically I said 'You told me the adjuster would call me. Guess what? They didn't. I need a car. Get a move on before I get a lawyer involved. Thanks. Bye.' Her message stated it was Monday, September 17 so I also had to snipe at that & say 'By the way, it's WEDNESDAY not MONDAY.' I'm sure I won't get a call back. I'm going to contact my insurance company and have them call as well. If an adjuster doesn't come out and look at my car by Friday, I'm contacting a lawyer. I've received two letters in the mail from lawyers since the accident is public record so I'll probably just call one of them to see what my options are. I'm so frustrated with this whole situation. I get that I'm not their policy holder but one of their drivers hit me! I wouldn't be in this situation otherwise. I'm sure they jumped to get an estimate on her car and now they're dragging their feet with me cause they don't want to pay up. They have to 'investigate.' How are you investigating if you won't even send someone to look at my car?? I know they'll end up contacting me while I'm away and then say I wasn't available. Watch. Ugh. :furious:

Needless to say I have NOT been in a good mood. Combine this with the fact that there is an NHL lockout AGAIN and I am a very cranky person.

At least I managed to get some things done on my to-do list. Just updating this for my own peace of mind.

• Get haircut.
  • Go through what travel size stuff I have and go to Harmon & buy anything else I need.
  • Do my nails!
  • Online check-in for hotel, car rental, and flight! I checked in for the car. Flight I can't do until 24 hours out. As for the hotel, that's coming up tomorrow! Since I have requests & am hoping for an upgrade, should I bother with online check-in? Or just do it when we get there?
  • Pack!
  • Cash in change jar and put money toward my Disney fund.
  • Drop the cat off at my mom's.
  • Add Disney songs to my phone. I thought it'd be appropriate to wake up to the Circle of Life everyday since we're staying at AKL! :) I found the flash drive in my desk. Now I just need to bring it home.

Also I'm thinking of moving my Crystal Palace ADR back to a later time if possible. I was convinced into booking an early time by you guys to see the park before it opens. Well the hours changed and now the park is opening at 8 am so that whole theory goes out the window. Off to check the Disney Dining site!

That's all for now! 11 days to go.

Hopefully it is taken care of before you leave but if its not at least you will have the time in WDW to COMPLETELY forget about it!! Make sure you enjoy your trip and NO worries till you get back!! Don't ruin your trip over it!

I just don't want to deal with phone calls back & forth to the insurance company while I'm away. I want it taken care of so hopefully I'll have a check waiting for me when I come home & can then get on with the task of looking for a new car. I can't believe they haven't sent someone to look at my car yet.

• Also I'm thinking of moving my Crystal Palace ADR back to a later time if possible. I was convinced into booking an early time by you guys to see the park before it opens. Well the hours changed and now the park is opening at 8 am so that whole theory goes out the window. Off to check the Disney Dining site!
that throws a hitch in the giddie up...:mad:

I can't believe your trip is soooooo close!! :cool1: Everything is coming together, next thing you know you'll be on the plane! :woohoo:

That totally stinks about the park hours changing. I would probably try and get a later reservation at Crystal Palace. That's what we're doing on our MK day. Since the park opens at 8am, we're scheduled for breakfast at 9:30.

I don't want to even bring up the car stuff. But if they seriously try to call you while you're at Disney!! UGH!!! I would consider leaving them another message if they don't call before you leave and maybe informing them you will be unavailable and to call your lawyer :thumbsup2

Can't wait for you guys! Y'all are gonna have so much fun!!!

that throws a hitch in the giddie up...:mad:

So far the hours are only on the TA site and not on the official Disney site so I don't know what to think at this point! I kept everything as is for now.

I can't believe your trip is soooooo close!! :cool1: Everything is coming together, next thing you know you'll be on the plane! :woohoo:

That totally stinks about the park hours changing. I would probably try and get a later reservation at Crystal Palace. That's what we're doing on our MK day. Since the park opens at 8am, we're scheduled for breakfast at 9:30.

I don't want to even bring up the car stuff. But if they seriously try to call you while you're at Disney!! UGH!!! I would consider leaving them another message if they don't call before you leave and maybe informing them you will be unavailable and to call your lawyer :thumbsup2

Can't wait for you guys! Y'all are gonna have so much fun!!!

The change hasn't officially been posted on Disney's website so I'm not changing anything right now. It was on the TA site. According to that MK will also be open until 3 AM our last night there which is kind of awesome. I hope that's true.

There's more to the car saga that unfolded today. I'll have another update tomorrow. I'm too tired to deal with it now. This is so stressful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter