Cruising, Wining, and Disney Dining - Two 2012 PTRs in One! **TR LINK UP**

hi Jenny. The MK opening at 8am on 10/14 is the ADR I had messed with as well. Definitely try looking for a later one as well... I would book both till you feel the hours are set and then cancel the one you won't use. I tried looking for other times on 10/14 and there weren't any so you may have to stick with it or be a hawk on the Disney Dining site...

hi Jenny. The MK opening at 8am on 10/14 is the ADR I had messed with as well. Definitely try looking for a later one as well... I would book both till you feel the hours are set and then cancel the one you won't use. I tried looking for other times on 10/14 and there weren't any so you may have to stick with it or be a hawk on the Disney Dining site...

I looked to see if there was anything available for later and there wasn't. I guess I'll have to keep checking. If I can't get a later ADR it's no big deal. Maybe I'll shoot to get there in time for the MK show that morning and then go to breakfast. I've never seen it!

Stupid, stupid, stupid insurance company!!:furious:

:furious: indeed

Hi everyone! I finally have a Saturday off (my first one since JULY!) so you're getting the daily plans update today. But first an update on the insurance situation.

Well the adjuster finally came to look at my car yesterday. It took all of 5 minutes. So much trouble for that. :headache: He said it's totaled (duh) and he'll give his estimate to the claims person & they'll be in touch. Should take about a week. I inquired about a rental and he told me to call the claims person. I did first thing this morning and of course got her voicemail & haven't received a call back yet. I already have a rental because it's been over a week so I just want to know if they'll reimburse me or have it billed to them. I hate that the other girl caused the accident yet I'm the one that has to deal with all the bs and hassle. I officially hate her. She better hope she never sees me again! :laughing:

Day 8 - October 7

The dreaded last full day. :(

So this will be a park hopping day! We'll wake up, have breakfast at the Mara, and head over to...

Epcot! We'll be spending most of the morning/afternoon here. Since we'll be concentrating mostly on WS during our first Epcot Day, we'll hit Future World this time. I'm so bummed Test Track will be closed for refurb :( That's one of my favorites. Soarin, Nemo, and Spaceship Earth are must-dos. I'd prefer to stay away from Mission Space (I don't think I've been on it since 2007) but Kris has never been on it & wants to try it. I'm not a huge fan of Captain EO, Ellen's Energy, or Imagination so if we get to those great. If not, no big loss. I'd like to spend some time at Innoventions too. Definitely going to get our free Disney Visa photo & check out where this F&W Chase lounge is.

We have an ADR for Chefs de France at 5PM. I made it so early because we're heading over to MK afterward. I've never seen the Main Street Electrical Parade and really want to check it out. Originally there was only one parade scheduled at 8PM but now there is a later one at 10PM so we'll have more than enough time after dinner to get over there. I'd like to make it time for Wishes at 9 if we can. MK has EMH so they're open until 3 AM! We'll stay as long as we can since it's our last night. :( Then it's back to AKL for some sleep.

This is my outfit for the day:

disneypacking009.jpg

We are in single digit territory!! 9 days to go! :banana: I can't believe it!

We are in single digit territory!! 9 days to go! :banana: I can't believe it!

Woohoo!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm bummed about Test Track just because I've never been on it and me and the kids had watched the video. My dad was talking about how he is gonna take them on it and I had to break the news that the ride has been closed for months and won't be open until December.

So far the hours are only on the TA site and not on the official Disney site so I don't know what to think at this point! I kept everything as is for now.
good idea, the opening show is pretty good since you havent seen it before i would suggest it.

Woohoo!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm bummed about Test Track just because I've never been on it and me and the kids had watched the video. My dad was talking about how he is gonna take them on it and I had to break the news that the ride has been closed for months and won't be open until December.

I had hoped they'd get it finished in time for Epcot's 30th but no such luck :(

I had hoped they'd get it finished in time for Epcot's 30th but no such luck :(

This is what I had hoped too!! It was originally listed to only be closed through September or October wasn't it? I remember thinking it would at least be in soft opening for us but probably not over a month early!

Wow! I can't believe that it is so soon! Love the plans for your last day. Your outfits lok great!

This is what I had hoped too!! It was originally listed to only be closed through September or October wasn't it? I remember thinking it would at least be in soft opening for us but probably not over a month early!

Yes, I think originally they said October. Now it got stretched out another month. I was keeping my fingers crossed for a soft opening but I doubt it'll happen. :(

Wow! I can't believe that it is so soon! Love the plans for your last day. Your outfits lok great!

Thanks! 6 days to go! I can't believe we leave on Sunday!!! :banana:

Ahh, you're so close! The last full day is the worst :-( (obviously!!) Your day sounds fun and packed, however! Chefs de France is GREAT. We really enjoyed it last trip. I'm really bummed about TT, too-- I'm definitely going to Epcot for my random Disney day in October and there's no way it'll be open for me either.
The Main Street Electrical Parade is okay-- worth seeing once. We prefer Spectro.
I can relate to the car troubles-- when my dad crashed my car before my trip last year, I was the one dealing with the insurance agency because it's obviously in my name. I was soooo pissed! Hopefully it'll all be wrapped up and behind you soon.

Ahh, you're so close! The last full day is the worst :-( (obviously!!) Your day sounds fun and packed, however! Chefs de France is GREAT. We really enjoyed it last trip. I'm really bummed about TT, too-- I'm definitely going to Epcot for my random Disney day in October and there's no way it'll be open for me either.
The Main Street Electrical Parade is okay-- worth seeing once. We prefer Spectro.
I can relate to the car troubles-- when my dad crashed my car before my trip last year, I was the one dealing with the insurance agency because it's obviously in my name. I was soooo pissed! Hopefully it'll all be wrapped up and behind you soon.

I've never tried Chefs de France. What sold me was the french onion soup and mac & cheese LOL. And REMY! Our ADR is at 5 and he makes the rounds at 5:20 so I hope we get sat in time.

I love Spectro! Gotta check out MSEP.

I hate insurance companies. If anyone that reads this thread has Plymouth Rock, SWITCH. They are TERRIBLE. I understand I'm not one of their policy holders but if this is how they treat people I don't understand how they're still in business.

The soup and the mac and cheese sold me on Chefs the first time as well. My husband hated it, though, so I don't think we will be going back soon. :)

Hi guys!

Can you believe it? 5 days to go! 5!!! :hyper:

An update on the accident: Well the adjuster looked at my car Thursday and said they'd be in touch. The adjuster says it takes about a week. I haven't heard anything from them yet and they never authorized a rental because I can never get in touch with anyone. At this point just mail me a check so I can be done with you. If anybody has Plymouth Rock drop them immediately. They're incredibly lazy.

My insurance company, Geico, called me on Friday to let me know they were contacted by lawyers of the pedestrians that were hit. I promptly burst into tears when I found that out. They called again this morning to let me know they sent denial letters to the lawyers, Plymouth Rock, and the township of Cranford for the telephone pole absolving me of any fault. They told me if any lawyers contact me personally to call them immediately. See this is what a GOOD insurance company does. Sucks for that girl! She's SCREWED. Her insurance should just mail me a check asap because that's probably about the least amount of money they're going to have to pay out because of all this.

And now my to-do list! It's getting smaller!

• Get haircut. going tonight! I'll post pictures with my last daily update on Friday.
  • Go through what travel size stuff I have and go to Harmon & buy anything else I need.
  • Do my nails!
  • Pack! I'm going out to dinner with my family on Thursday for my birthday and I'm pretty sure my sister is getting me luggage as a gift which is why I'm waiting. Most of the things I'm taking are set aside and waiting to be put in a suitcase.
  • Drop the cat off at my mom's. Thursday

My company held a luncheon today for the top sales agents and I was ranked #3! I was given a $100 Visa gift card as a reward. A nice little bonus I was not expecting. That's being put toward my Disney fund. I currently have $961 and my goal was $1000. I'm so close! We get paid on Friday so I'll just pull $40 outta there and I'm good to go. :)

5 days! 5 days! :banana: It's all I can think about!

See you guys Friday for my last daily update!!!

I've never tried Chefs de France. What sold me was the french onion soup and mac & cheese LOL. And REMY! Our ADR is at 5 and he makes the rounds at 5:20 so I hope we get sat in time.

Oh, I second that Les Chefs is GREAT! Went there for the first time last summer and had lunch. The french onion soup and mac & cheese is exactly what I had... it was sooooo delicious. And we loved loved loved our interaction with Remy and his handler, Armand!

I changed one of my ADR's to Chefs de France! Hubby was missing that I didn't have a French restaurant booked lol.

Sorry the accident is still causing you such a big headache! But at least you are only 5 (well, 4 now!!) days from Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter