Current Navigators???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Petals & Pixie Dust, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Petals & Pixie Dust

Petals & Pixie Dust DIS Veteran

I'm in search of some current navigators for a 3 day...We will be on the Wonder, but I can't imagine they will be much different...

The purpose for my search is that I'm torn between my cabana massage (or spending the money on the romance at sea-2 robes, chocolates, and champagne along with a star wars package for DS) and doing the yoga instead...which I would really like to do...

So, thoughts on the yoga at CC as well would be fabulous!

Thank you!

2. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Have you checked here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. Petals & Pixie Dust

I have but the closest Wonder 3 day was March of 2017...Just want to make sure it is still all the same...

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  5. PrincessShmoo

Generally speaking, the activities onboard any given itinerary are pretty much the same. Although sometimes things can change.

6. Snowwhyt

Snowwhyt I've felt the Magic each time I visit!

If you find anything please let include me on info, I'm looking for info on 1820 for my daughers trip in March.

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  7. Petals & Pixie Dust

Will do..
    Anyone do yoga??? Interested in this!

Snowwhyt likes this.
  8. dcassetta

dcassetta DIS Veteran

The Wonder only sails three and four nighters out of Port Canaveral for a short time each year. The navigator you're looking at probably is the most recent one available.

9. Snowwhyt

We have mild scoliosis, so water aerobics works better for us. Looks like fun and I thought it was when I tried it, but spine feels nasty after. When you did your land and sea, did you get to park straight from ship? or is it ship, hotel then park?

10. Petals & Pixie Dust

We did land and sea back in 2004. At that time it was a package through Disney. We did 3 days land and then 4 days sea. It was wonderful and I am sad that they don't do this anymore.

11. PrincessShmoo

It stopped being offered when many of us figured out we could do better booking the different components directly ourselves.

12. Petals & Pixie Dust

Yeah..I know...but it was so much easier and depending on where you were in the ship your hotel room was comparable. We stayed at the poly and it was amazing!

13. PrincessShmoo

I think that was the biggest issue. Many people can get by with a value room at WDW, but they want a verandah on the ship, and it didn't work that way.

14. Sytrace

Sytrace DIS Veteran

I can personally tell you that the Romance for 2 and the SW packages are both fantastic and worth the money. The robes are soft and fluffy, the chocolates divine and the sparkling cider ( I am not into champagne) was wonderful. My son loves his SW cabin decorations and we have taken them on several cruises since then to enjoy further. I would think Yoga on CC would be delightful. I am not a morning person though, so if it is SUNRISE yoga, I vote no. :)

Snowwhyt likes this.
  15. Snowwhyt

Were you able to go right from the ship to the parks?

16. Petals & Pixie Dust

Yes. You could be magical expressed over...or take a car...

17. Petals & Pixie Dust

I know, and I get it. You think Disney would have found a way to make it work for everyone. I feel like I got a work out this trip with the planning even using a TA. It has also been a few years and I didn't have the time to research and plan like I normally do...All of you have been extremely helpful.

Thank you for the review of the packages...One last question...They say the robes "fit most" is this the typical hotel size robe?

18. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

Just a clarification... You rode the DCL bus to the port (still can book that either from WDW or MCO). The DCL bus is a paid service.

Magical Express is the free service between MCO and WDW that is included with any WDW property stay.

19. Petals & Pixie Dust

Thank you for the clarification.
    It still bamboozles me how the bus for DCL is a paid service and ME is not...but either way...you get to the boat.

20. dcassetta

dcassetta DIS Veteran

Free transportation to the resorts from the airport is relatively new. For the first 30 or 35 years, Disney did not provide this, because they didn't have much competition in town. When universal really started taking off Disney wanted to encourage people to never leave Disney property. Providing transportation, so that they wouldn't have a rental car, was one way to do this.

21. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

Or vice versa. An inside on a Dream class ship is very nice, but I absolutely will not stay at a WDW value resort. Once was enough for us.

Given that an inside stateroom on a Disney ship could cost almost $1,000 per night in high season, I don't think it's comparable to staying at a value resort at all. Maybe back around 2000 it might have been, when the ships were cheaper- during off-season then, but not anymore.

You can still book a WDW resort stay via DCL on the front or back of your trip. Imo it's better to book it separately, as you can get a resort discount booking it on your own, but not via DCL. Or use a travel agent who can offer discount rates on the resorts. It's not complicated to make a reservation for a resort.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018