D-Day Invasion- "Strange"-ly Imminent!! TRIP REPORT IS UP!!

OK, OK,

I know I've been MIA for a few weeks but now a whole new thread??? :scared1::scared1:

Just kidding of course... I love it! :love:

3 more weeks to go for me then my life gets back to 'normal'... whatever that is.:confused3 LOL :lmao::lmao:

Hope you make it to your DS graduation. 'See' you soon. :goodvibes

Tim I'm right there with you....I've been MIA too and I'm not sure when I'll get back to normal.

We had the trip for nine days, recital the day after we got back and then spent all last week getting ready for guests for my sons graduation and party right after. I've got one in-law off on a plane back home and two more about to leave in a couple of days to go back to Cali.
Everyone else has gone home and now I'm left to recover and come to terms with having a child who is about to leave home in a couple of months. :sad1:

Now all I have left to do is make sure there's money to support my son while at school, get his house in order for when he moves in and get him moved. :scared1:

Hope y'all will still be around when I'm able to come back around. :grouphug: Miss you all.

Yeah! I made it over here. I can't believe your on part 3 already. You have such chatty followers. :rotfl:

I sure didn't see this last night, Crissy! But I did find you on FB. :goodvibes

I think most of the "chat" is me talking to myself, most of the time. :rotfl2:

Found you!

I want to share another "Billy-ism" with you... you'll enjoy it because it's in keeping with your "theme." He was singing in the shower:

Over hill, over dale, we will hit the dusty trail
And VACATION keeps rolling along!

/:rotfl:/:rotfl:/:rotfl:

Kathy

That's hiliarious, Kathy! Where does he come up with this stuff?! :lmao::lmao:

All in the life, eh... :rotfl:

Hey guys! I'm just popping in to say that I prolly won't be able to get tomorrow. Or later when we get to The Big City. So, could you please pray for my brother and my travel? Thanks a ton!

You were right! The power went off sometime in the night, and it's just now back on at 12:00. So much for a last update.

But I"m sure you'll (and all of us) will have prayers along the way- we have a faithful bunch here :)

Wowzers! I'm getting excited just thinking about having a Lapufest! :laughing: Nothing is booked as of yet but as soon as it is, I'll be in touch to make more definite plans. We'd love to join you for an ADR.

I have goosebumps, I admit it!! Another DISers gone wild, me thinks!! Well, as wild as you can be and still be somewhat dignified. :lmao:

I have no doubt you'll be booked before I get back on the 22nd. On which date, we'll have ALL KINDS of more passport and visa drama for you to follow. As soon as we return from Kyrg. we have to turn in our passports AGAIN for Blankistani visas for our last 2 months here. :headache:

Why am I all teary eyed??? Guess so happy the Visas and Passports are on the way (or there by now?), happy you all are off on vacation and happy I found the new thread before you left so I can wish you all Godspeed on your adventure. It won't be the same around these parts without the daily dose of updates and excitement. Be safe....you'll be missed! :hug:
Back to the other thread to catch up...oh, love the new pic of your family!
(p.s. Another friend has joined our Dec trip and we're back at the Poly for a once in a lifetime TPV!)
Loads of blessings on your travels, Liesa!
icon_tinkRight.gif

Christine's here!!!! WHOOPEE!! Actually, if all went according to plan, our passports are IN THE AIR RIGHT NOW. They are supposed to land on the 1:50 flight. The courier says he usually doesn't get back to the city until 2:30, so I'm guessing we won't be on the road until 4:00?? All's good though; I had time to run this morning, we can leisurely pack and all that. Unfortunately, the next 3 days are around 42 C (107 F)!!! It's going to be a baking HOT drive!

I made it!:flower3:

Yo sho' nuff did!

I hope you get your passports on time and have a GREAT trip! :dance3:

Thinking good thoughts for you and your brother - have a safe trip! :goodvibes

So, SO glad you made it!! I can't believe this has turned into a 3 THREAD PTR, but I can't help but to admit, that it's been a MORE than fun and wild ride!

Thanks for all your well wishes! We're almost ready to hit the road!

So glad it looks like the passports will be there on time! Phew! Hey, I LOVE that family photo you put on page 1!!

I'm still waiting for the courier co. to give us a call, but that won't be for another hour and a half or so yet.

Rebekah HATES that pic of herself, but I didn't think it was too bad. When you have 7 trying to smile and not blink, it's tough.

i'm here!! :cool1:

so happy to hear your passports are on their way!!

Aloha, my Hawiian Friend!! I'm so glad you're sliding into Base Camp with us- only 2 1/2 months to go!!

You're alread on page 3?! Geeze. :laughing:

Nope, page 4!! Don't blink! :lmao:

OK, OK,

I know I've been MIA for a few weeks but now a whole new thread??? :scared1::scared1:

Just kidding of course... I love it! :love:

3 more weeks to go for me then my life gets back to 'normal'... whatever that is.:confused3 LOL :lmao::lmao:

Hope you make it to your DS graduation. 'See' you soon. :goodvibes

See what happens when you're off for a few days (or in your case weeks)? I have a mortal fear of what things are going to look like when I get back on the 22nd!!!

Just about the time your life gets back to "normal" I'll be back, and mine will spin wildly out of control as we really, really wrap things up here and move out. :scared1: The official freak out is imminent!! :eek:

Tim I'm right there with you....I've been MIA too and I'm not sure when I'll get back to normal.

We had the trip for nine days, recital the day after we got back and then spent all last week getting ready for guests for my sons graduation and party right after. I've got one in-law off on a plane back home and two more about to leave in a couple of days to go back to Cali.
Everyone else has gone home and now I'm left to recover and come to terms with having a child who is about to leave home in a couple of months. :sad1:

Now all I have left to do is make sure there's money to support my son while at school, get his house in order for when he moves in and get him moved. :scared1:

Hope y'all will still be around when I'm able to come back around. :grouphug: Miss you all.

Hi Dear Millie!!! I"ve wanted to call for days, knowing you were back, but haven't had a minute to spare! With the packing and other stuff that's going on, it's been- well, much the same as you!!! I've got 2 moving out, and they had to be packed- all their worldly belongings in 2 boxes.

I "get it" about coming to terms with children leaving. It has already given me ulcers thinking about them making good choices, staying pure in thought and deed, keeping priorities straight, etc.... It's like the ultimate test of parenthood. They are ready, but sadly, I'm not sure a mother's heart ever really is... totally.

Anyway, welcome back! I do hope you start a TR, I'll check for it when I get back in 2 weeks. Love you!

Have a safe trip Liesa! Sorry for the short post, but I am in Nuremberg right now so still posting via phone. :)

Have a safe trip Liesa! Sorry for the short post, but I am in Nuremberg right now so still posting via phone. :)

Have a super, duper, wonderiffic time at your friends wedding too!!! Do they throw a bouquet??

Also, keep an eye out for good place for all of us to eat at in Nuremberg!!! I'm MORE than ready for a glass of German wine with tasty German victuals!!

As my family loads the car during our final hour before we take off, I wanted to leave you with a few scenes of what we encountered on our last trip into Kyrgyzstan. Although a tremedously beautiful country with tall, year-round, snow-capped mountains, deep, clear lakes, and charming people, it also holds a troubled present.

Enjoy!!!

Summer brings the shepherds to the high mountain grazing lands. They actually DO live in yurts or tents!!

Lenin "thinking" is still very much alive and "well" here. This "art" is a HUGE thing made of cut out iron. It may look lacy and delicate, but it is actually several inches thick and over 20 feet tall!

Yeah, cows eating the garbage. I wonder what THAT meat tastes like?

The following several are from Lake Issyk-Kyl, our destination. We HOPE there will be some fun recreation opportunities. Last time there were water wienies, boats, and a few of those sea raycers. We even saw some parasailers last time too, but I doubt we'll spring for that.

I'm sure there will be lots of volley ball tournaments, a hundred sand castles, sun burns, and swims.

Keep up the chatter, make yourselves at home, and be safe!!

See you in two weeks!

Hey, your light is still on! :goodvibes I don't think a bouquet will be thrown, bt if it will, I will do my best to catch it!! :goodvibes And I found a great place yesterday with my parents which even had liver on the menu! :thumbsup2 My mother really enjoyed it!

And wonderful pictures! Looking forward to this years pics!

Hey, your light is still on! :goodvibes I don't think a bouquet will be thrown, bt if it will, I will do my best to catch it!! :goodvibes And I found a great place yesterday with my parents which even had liver on the menu! :thumbsup2 My mother really enjoyed it!

And wonderful pictures! Looking forward to this years pics!

Well, the ongoing SAGA is that our passports DID NOT make it on the first flight so we are STILL waiting to get them. We NOW hope to leave around 6:00 PM!! We need to put a full 8 hours of driving today, so we'll catch a few hours of sleep beside the highway around midnight. Blech!! On the postive side, it IS a lot cooler to drive at night.

As much as I like liver, I think I want a tasty German schnitzel more. DH says he wants potato pancakes and lots of mustards. ;)

Yikes! I have a TON of catching up to do!!!!! :thumbsup2

Welcome, Sophia! There's actually not so much to catch up, only a couple major updates and some chit-chat. We haven't quite pulled out our funny yet. ;)

Still no news on our passports, except they are somewhere between the airport and our house. Which very well could be a gigantic black hole. :confused3

The first picture of the last update is breathtaking! I think that it is great that you guys have been able to give your kids a life of travel and sights. That is wonderful and they are going to be better humans for it!

I cant wait to hear about your trip when you get back!

WOW! Have a GREAT trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!! :)

You are VERY photogenic- I can't wait for our TRs! (you ARE doing one, right??!!) And see, Everyone? I told you her heart was as big as Texas!

Of course!!

Aren't we going to do simultaneous reports? Do we want to do it in one thread or two? Hmm....lots of planning to do! :)

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Aw man! You have a lot on your plate!

Hang in there! Of course we will be here when you come around! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter