D23 2015

No one will like how I really feel! :rotfl:

Everyone wants rides with 3D, latest CGI, etc.,.....I want more like Horizons or World of Motion. There is a reason Spaceship Earth is the first ride I go on everytime. It personifies everything I love about Disney in one ride. I would forever be happy riding in an omnimover watching in wonder at the animatronic people living underwater.

But, that will never happen so I accept and move on. My tastes aren't the tastes of the new generation, and I'm only 41! :laughing:
I am cut of the same cloth my friend :flower1: While I love and appreciate thrill rides (and REALLY love the TRON one) themeing and atmosphere trump thrills for me. We spend all day/night in the parks, don't leave for hotel breaks so I take in every sight, sound, smell, smile and memory that I can . I just hope I can experience it with my "kids" who are now 25 and 21, lol...I never want to give up family trips. ESPECIALLY for Star Wars and Toy Story lands...it's like they chose just for us!:darth::chewy:

ETA: and what's REALLY bad is my DD is an Animator, lol. Just left a job in Theme Park Design to boot. I get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

goes to pattern…

if everyone was still doing cartwheels…i'd worry more about disney's longterm future. because all their customers will go bankrupt in spending stupidity before too long and the parks would collapse with no customers left.

bright side ;)

I appreciate you looking out for the wallet's of every family that goes to Disney. However, the number of visitors across the world that continue to go day in and day out must mean two things. First, while you're obviously very knowledgeable about all the costs associated and the value one gets for those costs, you either must not be doing a very good job of getting your point across or the masses just aren't listening. Second, while the job you hold as wallet master might seem like it is needed, the simple fact of those same attendance numbers that tell me you are not doing a very good job also tell me that there really is not even a need for the job in the first place. I actually think you are doing a very good job of doing your job, so I guess it must be the latter and there really isn't a need for that job anyway.

Don't worry too much though, I still preach to my kids about alot of things. I know about those things I tell them. But, they don't listen. Doesn't mean I won't stop preaching, but I realize my job is no longer needed. They are grown and they make their own decisions whether I preach or not.

Perhaps, later in life my kids all will see that I was right, but in the mean time boy did they all have fun! pirate:
Perhaps, later in life all will see that you were right, but in the mean time, boy did they all have fun. :tigger:

I love fun! :goofy:

My kids love fun!

Disnuts love fun! :earboy2:

I appreciate you looking out for the wallet's of every family that goes to Disney. However, the number of visitors across the world that continue to go day in and day out must mean two things. First, while you're obviously very knowledgeable about all the costs associated and the value one gets for those costs, you either must not be doing a very good job of getting your point across or the masses just aren't listening. Second, while the job you hold as wallet master might seem like it is needed, the simple fact of those same attendance numbers that tell me you are not doing a very good job also tell me that there really is not even a need for the job in the first place. I actually think you are doing a very good job of doing your job, so I guess it must be the latter and there really isn't a need for that job anyway.

Don't worry too much though, I still preach to my kids about alot of things. I know about those things I tell them. But, they don't listen. Doesn't mean I won't stop preaching, but I realize my job is no longer needed. They are grown and they make their own decisions whether I preach or not.

Perhaps, later in life my kids all will see that I was right, but in the mean time boy did they all have fun! pirate:
Perhaps, later in life all will see that you were right, but in the mean time, boy did they all have fun. :tigger:

I love fun! :goofy:

My kids love fun!

Disnuts love fun! :earboy2:

I think you're doing the "relax...it's only vacation" routine...

but you do it with much more flare...I like that ;)

There might be the "free market is always right" in there to?
...the ultimate in American fantasies...especially in vacation dollars paid to conglomerates.

I am in awe of your insight...and concede your points.

But sorry...I've been ordered to hold this hill at all costs :)

I was so hoping for some more precise dates for Rivers of Light and Frozen. No one heard anything more specific than "spring"?

I'm sad we're losing Big Thunder Ranch at Disneyland. It's one of my son's favorite places to visit during Halloween, Christmas and Easter. We usually have to make at least a couple of trips just for the coloring or special activities there each season.

I am excited though to torture my brother-in-law. He hates Disney (worked at DL in high school) and has never taken his teens even though they've lived 15 minutes away their whole life. Now with Star Wars land I know he will feel conflicted and might actually cave. He he.

I think you're doing the "relax...it's only vacation" routine...

but you do it with much more flare...I like that ;)

There might be the "free market is always right" in there to?
...the ultimate in American fantasies...especially in vacation dollars paid to conglomerates.

I am in awe of your insight...and concede your points.

But sorry...I've been ordered to hold this hill at all costs :)

Is the hill at Disney or at Universal? :smooth:

I just tend to get out alot. Gives me a good perspective. Went to Wrigley last weekend. Spent a bundle. Every time I go, it costs me more. Went to Whistling Straights two days this week. Saw a bottle of water about the same price as in the MK. The Hotel was three times as much as normal just because the PGA was there. Beer was expensive at both places. Gas went up 50 cents a gallon around here the day before I left for Kohler. Followed my son around SC and NC this spring playing college baseball. Hotels were outrageous, and food??? I love Disney and actually didn't go this year because my twins graduated college. Will be there next year spending my hard earned cash. I am a happy man when I am there. I don't agree with everything they do, but they do enough great things for me to continue going. Besides, I have a grandkid on the way, first one and I gotta go down there and scope out the place to see if it warrants a future grandad trip!

No offense...but I think I've spent more "time on the ground" in 32830 than you... So the investment/sensitivity is higher.

That's my issue... Which Ive had to deal with in a variable success level over the last few years.

Safe travels, my friend

It's not like we didn't know about this before, though. We all knew Star Wars was probably coming by 2021, so the 2017 ground breaking news just makes sense. If you really are mad at Disney for taking so long, punish them by not walking through DHS turnstiles on your next visit (which is probably already booked) and move on.

I haven’t seen this posted anywhere yet -- in the Imagineering session, Marty Sklar made a comment about EPCOT undergoing a re-imagineering by one of the Disney imagineers. It was a comment in passing, but it seemed interesting to me that EPCOT is definitely being looked at for updating.

I haven’t seen this posted anywhere yet -- in the Imagineering session, Marty Sklar made a comment about EPCOT undergoing a re-imagineering by one of the Disney imagineers. It was a comment in passing, but it seemed interesting to me that EPCOT is definitely being looked at for updating.

Good catch. Is there a clip of that session anywhere?

Good catch. Is there a clip of that session anywhere?
It's quoted in a Tweet somewhere back in the start of this thread.

I have a feeling that whatever's in store for Epcot is still on the drawing board. The leadership shift *just* took place, enough huge announcements were made yesterday to distract people from the mess down the road...Epcot's re-imagining is probably coming, but not yet.

Yes he mentioned the lead of Epcot. Tom Fitzgerald, who is behind you ratatouille and toy story midway mania. He is someone who is fond of screens.

I'd like to thank all of those who helped update this thread. We didn't have a lot of news today but what was announced I'll try and update the first post with that info. This should just about conclude D23 2015. I'll probably post some videos after this as well.

Yes he mentioned the lead of Epcot. Tom Fitzgerald, who is behind you ratatouille and toy story midway mania. He is someone who is fond of screens.

I hope that doesn't mean that Epcot, particularly World Showcase, will be Disneyfied and characterfied. I like that WS has a more real world feel, albeit idealistic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter