D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much doubt that. I think we will be seeing Standby Only until the second ride opens up, and potentially, forever for the Milennium Falcon ride. If both rides in the land are FP, the standby lines will be astronomical. Plus, MF ride seems to be a slow loader/low hourly capacity ride, so Fastpass will just screw it up. I can see MF eventually going Maxpass only, but not standard Fastpass.
MF should do at least 1,800/hour. It was built with a FP, SR, and standby lines. ROTR is supposedly only weeks behind.

MF should do at least 1,800/hour. It was built with a FP, SR, and standby lines. ROTR is supposedly only weeks behind.

Oh, good to know! I did not know they had built separate queues. And Single Rider? Awesome! I hope ROTR opens before July 10. My husband is going overseas for a year and leaving then and he is the biggest SW fan and I want him to experience this ride.

Or maybe they are pulling a Sith trick?
Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station. Fire at will, commander.

----
I will be on a ABD Disneyland trip from June 9 to 14, so I'm sure we will get to see as well.

I was going to make the same joke. But will this backfire on Disney? Trying to open the Death Star before it's fully armed and operational?

Oh, good to know! I did not know they had built separate queues. And Single Rider? Awesome! I hope ROTR opens before July 10. My husband is going overseas for a year and leaving then and he is the biggest SW fan and I want him to experience this ride.
Yup single rider for MF, not sure about ROTR. The single rider line is not set up like the was to be at FoP. It’s its own line like RSR.

And for reference MF has 4 turn tables. Each table has 7 cabins on it. There are also suppose to be a couple of cabins that are not on a turn table for guests that need assistance and longer time to load.

The benefit for the first 3 weeks is the guaranteed access to the land. But if it’s for after June 23 then I’m not sure if you really have a benefit.
Just to be clear, from my reading, only MF will be open. The rest of the land/other ride won't open until 6/23.

Just made reservations at PPH for June 7. Guess we'll see how this "reservation" thing works. When I was making the hotel reservation, this came up:

Reservations required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge between May 31 and June 23, 2019. Access to Disneyland Park, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will not be available at opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and will open later this year.

Always appreciate your input, Malcon10t! Are you basing this conjecture on the AP blackout dates or did I miss some other release of information about RotR? I really don't want to go if only MF is open, as I'd rather wait until everything is available.

Just made reservations at PPH for June 7. Guess we'll see how this "reservation" thing works. When I was making the hotel reservation, this came up:

Reservations required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge between May 31 and June 23, 2019. Access to Disneyland Park, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will not be available at opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and will open later this year.

make sure to add yourself to the June 2019 Check In thread :)

Glad to see there will be three access points to this land and not just two which I had read was predicted before: "Star Wars Land will have three entrances at Disneyland. The first is located right next to Fantasyland, the second is next to Frontierland, and the third is found via a trail from Critter Country below the Hungry Bear Restaurant."

That's good news, certainly.

With no Fastpasses available, seems likely they’ll sell passes of some sort.

There will be no EMH/MM for SWGE at Disneyland. This surprised me but then I remembered MM in addition to EMH could easily overwhelm that area as the amount of people with MM access isn't capped.
Sorry, did I miss reading this somewhere in press announcement? Or did you find it elsewhere? What you're saying makes sense...but I'm not gonna lie, it would be disappointing if true.

Also...we have a reservation at the GCH from July 8-10. Does anyone know if you only get to visit SWGE once no matter how long your stay is? As in, do you get one visit per night or one visit for your entire length-of-stay? I realize that our dates aren't included in the current ones listed as "no-cost-reservation required", but I'm wondering if the dates requiring the no-cost reservation might be extended.

Sorry, did I miss reading this somewhere in press announcement?

Also...we have a reservation at the GCH from July 8-10. Does anyone know if you only get to visit SWGE once no matter how long your stay is? As in, do you get one visit per night or one visit for your entire length-of-stay? I realize that our dates aren't included in the current ones listed as "no-cost-reservation required", but I'm wondering if the dates requiring the no-cost reservation might be extended.
I hope they have something in effect!

Sorry, did I miss reading this somewhere in press announcement? Or did you find it elsewhere? What you're saying makes sense...but I'm not gonna lie, it would be disappointing if true.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-studios/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q2wo0307190313190002C

Most of the details are in there. The reservation system is only in place until June 23rd. So after that currently you will be on your own and being in a DLR hotel will no longer get you a reservation window. It also seems no EMH/EMM for SW:GE unfortunately. I specifically booked a trip to DLR because those are better than WDW but guess I might not get to ride or see the land at DLR and have to wait until WDW a couple months after that trip.

From the blog post:

Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com

I plan on having the website and blog site up and hitting refresh about every 60 seconds for the foreseeable future, because when that reservation system goes live, it's going to be nuts.

I was just looking at making a hotel reservation- sounds like reservation opportunities are automatic for guests of each of the 3 hotels, but those prices are outrageous, at least for our family...

This seems to me the new theme. When Pixar Pier opened, all that happened was ferris wheel and incredicoaster and food being re-themed. Jessie's carousel and emotional whirlwind are still not open. Yet they had a "grand opening".
They have already stated when Marvel land opens, it will not be fully open as there is a phase 2 for the major roller coaster to open.
This fake "grand opening" this is really lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter