D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega excited to be finally going today , I have a quick question. Will I get 10% off using my Disney chase visa in galaxy edge on merchandise?
Thanks

The reservation system for Oga's sounds like a good idea. I kind of assumed I wouldn't be getting in when we visit next, but now it sounds like if I'm vigilent and ready to reserve at 7am, I may have a shot. I still wish they had made the cantina bigger, but that's not our reality at this point.

Ohhhh, YES. I'm so happy to see this. I was worried I was going to have to get there at 6 a.m. to rope drop on a MM day, spend all of MM queuing for SWGE, rush to the cantina or Savi's (only one of them) and thereby waste a whole lot of time. I was really hoping they were going to come up with an advance reservation system, but this day of thing works, too. It will be interesting to see how it pans out, and I hope it works well and they keep the system in place. Also, I hope the FP return is open for MFSR by the time we get there in September!

Sounds great that you can make a Reservation at Oga's from the comfort of home at 7 AM, choose a time later that day, and be guaranteed admittance into GE an hour before, without having to worry about getting to park in the morning to get into a boarding group.

Did I mis read? Because I think it said you had to be in the park to make the reservation.

https://www.micechat.com/228856-star-wars-unleashed-accessing-galaxys-edge-june-24th-and-beyond/
Somebody just posted a separate thread about this. I'm so excited! You'll be able to make a reservation for Savi's or the cantina at 7 a.m. on the day, from the app or the website.
This is good news I think. My only question is both my boyfriend and I want to build our own lightsaber. I wonder if we both need a reservation and if we can get 2 at the same time. I mean I'm pretty sure we both need a rez to build but I hope we can get it at the same time.

I just don't know what to make of my phone call to DL Resort reservations. I believe I am receiving the notorious misinformation, but I am sharing just in case someone has any accurate info.

Here's the story:

First, called to inquire about military room rate discount. CM informed that NO discounts to rooms are being given for July, including employee and Visa card discounts. But, she proceeded to tell me they still have A TON of rooms still available in the time frame I wanted to go (mid July). She then said keep calling back because they may open discounts at some point. I really like my deep discounted room, I'll keep calling. It's a pain, but worth it. Sorry to the CM's who will have to look daily for no discount. What can I say, I am cheap. lol

Second, she stated that getting into SWGE will be through a kiosk station starting June 24th to manage crowds. What the what?! I have tried to research and find out if it is true to no avail. It would make sense to hold back JUMBO crowds, but is she still confusing the reservation system until the 23rd with the 24th massive opening? Her way seems like it would make sense. But if they are advertising NO RESERVATIONS required to gain access, I can see some very angry guests if the kiosk runs out of time slots.

I am so curious to see if anything she said was accurate. Personally, I would like the kiosk system. I was at Pandora a week after opening and it was just so thick with people ... and Avatar popularity is a minute fraction compared to Star Wars.

The military hotel discount information she gave you is definitely false. I booked a military discount (35%) room at the DLH for July 4-7 about a month ago. When I called, ALL 3 hotels had discounted rooms available in several room categories. Call back.

This is good news I think. My only question is both my boyfriend and I want to build our own lightsaber. I wonder if we both need a reservation and if we can get 2 at the same time. I mean I'm pretty sure we both need a rez to build but I hope we can get it at the same time.
I'm sure you will both need a reservation but I would hope/think the reservation system will allow you to select how many "builders" vs "observers" so you can make the reservation together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter