D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I went to Disney was for SW:GE CM previews. I said goodbye to the land because I knew that might have been the first and last time I would ever step back into the land after it opened. 😂

I wonder if the crush of people will now switch to the falcon now that Oga’s and Savi’s are reservation only....

I’ll also be anxiously awaiting updates too! We come in August and I’m preparing my game face! :)

... Our pilots were terrible, and I definitely felt queasy. I'm not sure if it was because the flying was so bad, or just the nature of the ride...
It definitely doesn't help if the pilots are bad. When our pilots were good, the flight was pretty smooth and a fun kind of bumpy. When our pilots were bad, the flight was very rough and uncomfortable.

It definitely doesn't help if the pilots are bad. When our pilots were good, the flight was pretty smooth and a fun kind of bumpy. When our pilots were bad, the flight was very rough and uncomfortable.

I wonder if I would have been less motion sick if our 11 year old pilots hadn't crashed into absolutely everything. It was hard for me to look out the "window" because I could see us swaying from side to side, and then diving up and down. So I just stared at my gunner buttons instead, and that helped a little.

By way of comparison, I also get slightly queasy after Star Tours...but not from any other rides.

I wonder if I would have been less motion sick if our 11 year old pilots hadn't crashed into absolutely everything. It was hard for me to look out the "window" because I could see us swaying from side to side, and then diving up and down. So I just stared at my gunner buttons instead, and that helped a little.

By way of comparison, I also get slightly queasy after Star Tours...but not from any other rides.
Friends had warned me that being engineer would probably be easiest for avoiding motion sickness. I was able to glance at the screen and focus on the buttons and on my hand gripping the bar in the seat back. That seemed to work well. But it was certainly harder when the pilots were bad.

Last edited:

Friends had warned me that the being engineer would probably be easiest for avoiding motion sickness. I was able to glance at the screen and focus on the buttons and on my hand gripping the bar in the seat back. That seemed to work well. But it was certainly harder when the pilots were bad.
I only did the ride once. Our pilots were amazing and didn't crash at all. They maybe hit one thing. We enjoyed it. I wonder if we had bad pilots if we would've enjoyed it as much...

I only did the ride once. Our pilots were amazing and didn't crash at all. They maybe hit one thing. We enjoyed it. I wonder if we had bad pilots if we would've enjoyed it as much...

We crashed quite a bit on our first ride (DD10 and DD8 were piloting) but still thought the ride was amazing and great fun!

We had great pilots our first ride, so I thought a smooth ride was normal. Ha! I have since come to appreciate how great our first pilots were. Our last ride was pretty bad. One of our pilots kept repeating, "What do I do?! What do I do?!" throughout the entire ride, while her boyfriend took selfies the whole time. We crashed into everything. Not fun.

I tend to get a little queasy on motion simulator rides. Star Tours gets me a little bit. But I was surprised when I rode MFSR today for the first time and I didn’t feel sick at all! Could have been that I had really good pilots! (I was a gunner.)

....I actually liked the blue milk and would get it again. At first sip it took me by surprise, then I liked it and finished it.
I found the blue milk to be interesting. I didn’t love it, didn’t hate it. I would like to try the frozen version from the milk stand (I tried the Blue Bantha in the Cantina). My 4-year-old loved it though!

We had great pilots our first ride, so I thought a smooth ride was normal. Ha! I have since come to appreciate how great our first pilots were. Our last ride was pretty bad. One of our pilots kept repeating, "What do I do?! What do I do?!" throughout the entire ride, while her boyfriend took selfies the whole time. We crashed into everything. Not fun.
Lololololol I’m dying. Sorry, because I’m sure it wasn’t fun, but it makes for a funny story!

Can't wait to see how this 7am ADRs will work for Cantina. I just don't get how the decision was made to make this place only and think it was going to serve the masses. I remember when the artwork was first shown I believe a year or two ago, and I thought to myself, "how will this ever be possible?" It's an intimate place for such an in-demand franchise... then add alcohol AND music. If it was just a Cantina with no music, I really think it would be still crowded, but not that bad, and would certainly die down after a while.

But once you add music to the venue, it just takes it to a whole different level. It's by the far the coolest place in DLand already, so the young drinking crowd will want to be in there allllll night hanging out, drinking, meeting people... so not sure why Disney did not know this going in. I like my idea of having another Resistance-based Cantina on the other side of the land, along with expanding the original. This will help a lot..

Million bucks says Disney will REMOVE the Operations building in the back and expand the heck out of the land.

This will be quick as we’re getting ready to head back over to the parks this morning.

We had an 8am-12pm reservation yesterday (6/23). We knew we wanted the Cantina, so got over to the park early. I think we were at the gate at 5:45 and probably 30 people back in our line. They walked everybody to Launch Bay in an orderly fashion and since some people were out for a leisurely walk, we mad up some space here. Checked in and went over to wait by Nemo/Galactic Grill. We were maybe 50 people back. We had a plan that I would walk with purpose (without pushing!) and my family would meet up with me inside if we got separated. When we were walked over to SW:GE, the path got wider and I ended up in the second row. Going under the bridge, people started slowing down and I ended up right in the front where they stopped us at the front of the land. There was some pushing and people losing shoes on the walk over, but at least up front, it was fairly orderly and respectful. However that was there ended. The woman for Oga’s came over, explained to us to follow her in a single file line and anybody who ended up ahead of her would be sent to the back. But she never once looked back to see the chaos. People from the left started crushing in, trapping a CM in the process. They were pushing and our leader double backed on our walk, tons of people just cut straight across, completely cutting the line. People were so eager to get it, they weren’t listening and ended up leaving the line unintentionally. There was so much pushing and shoving that it’s the first time in Disney I’ve feared for my safety (and I was there for opening weekend of the 60th). The line quickly calmed down though and my family was able to meet up with me easily before checking in to Oga’s. When they got to me though, my 8 year old was in tears because she had been pushed so much.

We were in the first group to get in (thankfully) and ended up at a table with another group who were the best! The service was slow, but it was a fun atmosphere. I had the Fuzzy Tautaun, kids had Carbon Freeze, forget what DH had. I really enjoyed the Cantina, but really wish Disney, who is great at crowd control, had figured out a better way of moving people to there and initially in there.

Rode the ride twice and we really enjoyed it! First time was posted 20 mins, but was actually about 10. Second time was posted 20, but was walk on. Tried both blue and green milk (half liked blue better, half liked green better). Took some pictures, did some shopping, tried to find Rey with no luck - only character we saw was Chewie and that was right at opening, while we were in line for the Cantina.

I’m impressed with the land and I’m glad we did it. Now we’ll see what the parks are like today!

For the reservations Savi's and Cantina reservations it puts you in a virtual queue. You then log in to your Disney account when it's ready to make the reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter