• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dairy Farmers Wife IS going to Disney in March/April!

I saw NYC and I got all excited but then quickly realized that Mel will be 8 months pregnant at that point and they aren't letting her on a cruise ship! :rotfl2:

Hopefully this will happen every year and is not a 1 time experiment. I am VERY interested! ::yes:: :goodvibes

I think it's not in NYC till May of 2012.....so you should be good.

I think I have lost a SD card now. If you followed me on facebook, you know I had misplaced a CF card while on the trip and I did find it eventually. Well I am loading pictures and noticed the 1st days pics from my point and shoot are no wehre to be found. I don't think I actually took many pictures on that card, but lots of video...of what I don't even remember. I do know I had some pics of Claire and I on the plane and some shots out the window. I have no clue where else it could be....well it could be in my laptop bag, but mom still has that, so I'll check later on today when I got pick it up. But I'm not keeping my hopes up. I really think it is lost. I actually had dropped a CF card out of my bag on the cruise at one of the shows and luckily my mom saw it and picked it up. I have a feeling I might've dropped the SD card then too. I might call the cruiseline and see if they have found it, but I really think it is gone. I'm glad I can't rtemember what was on it or I might be really upset. I do know the majority of everything was on the big camera on the cruise. So it has to be pretty much video that I randomly would take.
I really need to get a better system of storing my cards in the future.It's a little embarrassing how many things I misplaced, left or lost while on this trip.

So glad to see you're back and can't wait to read (in detail!) all about your trip, espcially the cruise! My next trip will definitely be a cruise with me and DH. And don't be embarassed about losing things - remember when you leave something somewhere, it just means you subconsciously are making an excuse to go back so you can get it! That's why you kept trying to "leave" things on the cruise ship!:lmao:

I think I have lost a SD card now. If you followed me on facebook, you know I had misplaced a CF card while on the trip and I did find it eventually. Well I am loading pictures and noticed the 1st days pics from my point and shoot are no wehre to be found. I don't think I actually took many pictures on that card, but lots of video...of what I don't even remember. I do know I had some pics of Claire and I on the plane and some shots out the window. I have no clue where else it could be....well it could be in my laptop bag, but mom still has that, so I'll check later on today when I got pick it up. But I'm not keeping my hopes up. I really think it is lost. I actually had dropped a CF card out of my bag on the cruise at one of the shows and luckily my mom saw it and picked it up. I have a feeling I might've dropped the SD card then too. I might call the cruiseline and see if they have found it, but I really think it is gone. I'm glad I can't rtemember what was on it or I might be really upset. I do know the majority of everything was on the big camera on the cruise. So it has to be pretty much video that I randomly would take.
I really need to get a better system of storing my cards in the future.It's a little embarrassing how many things I misplaced, left or lost while on this trip.

Jen, I have my fingers crossed that it shows up soon just like your phone!

I get paranoid about possibly losing those small lightweight SDHC cards.

I finally came up with a system I'm happy with. I bought 2 of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gr-Case-Bag-Wallet-22-Card-XD-SD-CF-MS-Memory-Stick-/370387469212?pt=Digital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item563cd0439c

I got one in black and one in gray. Black is for my unused cards, gray is for full cards. See the zipper pull? It has a hole. I got a lanyard type rope....... One made of string with a nice clip on the end. Both card wallets are clipped to the end. I attached the other end of the rope to the zipper pull on my backpack. There's enough length on the string to store it inside the packpack, but I like knowing that it's actually attached TO the backpack. Once I fill a card, I don't take it back out. I figure the more times I handle them, the greater the odds I might drop one out.

I have my fingers and toes all crossed and will be watching for you to post that you have found it!

I am finally caught up again! I can't believe I was over a month behind. :sad2: I read through all your craZy changes last minute - what a stressful pain that was! I'm glad it all worked out though.

I didn't realize you had a Droid that you had lost! :scared1: Thank you Lord for honest people!!!!!! I hope you find your SD card too!

I cannot wait to hear all about your trip. After taking the Cruise course I cannot even count how many cruises I have priced out. I sure wish one was in our budget right now....I know your pictures and story will make the ache even worse, but I can't help but live through it. :laughing:

So glad to see you're back and can't wait to read (in detail!) all about your trip, espcially the cruise! My next trip will definitely be a cruise with me and DH. And don't be embarassed about losing things - remember when you leave something somewhere, it just means you subconsciously are making an excuse to go back so you can get it! That's why you kept trying to "leave" things on the cruise ship!:lmao:

That sounds like a good theory. I definately didn;t want to leave. The only thing at home I wanted was my DH. The rest, could wait. :rotfl:

Jen, I have my fingers crossed that it shows up soon just like your phone!

I get paranoid about possibly losing those small lightweight SDHC cards.

I finally came up with a system I'm happy with. I bought 2 of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gr-Case-Bag-Wallet-22-Card-XD-SD-CF-MS-Memory-Stick-/370387469212?pt=Digital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item563cd0439c

I got one in black and one in gray. Black is for my unused cards, gray is for full cards. See the zipper pull? It has a hole. I got a lanyard type rope....... One made of string with a nice clip on the end. Both card wallets are clipped to the end. I attached the other end of the rope to the zipper pull on my backpack. There's enough length on the string to store it inside the packpack, but I like knowing that it's actually attached TO the backpack. Once I fill a card, I don't take it back out. I figure the more times I handle them, the greater the odds I might drop one out.

I have my fingers and toes all crossed and will be watching for you to post that you have found it!

Great!!! I just bought 2. I NEED these.

I am finally caught up again! I can't believe I was over a month behind. :sad2: I read through all your craZy changes last minute - what a stressful pain that was! I'm glad it all worked out though.

I didn't realize you had a Droid that you had lost! :scared1: Thank you Lord for honest people!!!!!! I hope you find your SD card too!

I cannot wait to hear all about your trip. After taking the Cruise course I cannot even count how many cruises I have priced out. I sure wish one was in our budget right now....I know your pictures and story will make the ache even worse, but I can't help but live through it. :laughing:

Brook, the trip was so amazing. I knew I would like it, but I am so hooked now. I have told Skip about 20 times now in 24 hours how much we NEED to go back..withg him of course. It was so much fun, and never got boared once...and I was up at 5:30 AM some days walking the decks in the dark. I just took pictures and admired the beauty. 3 nights is NOT enough. Go for at least 4. My mom really wants the whole family to go at some point and time. I hope she pushes for it. I think it would be fun. We could do stuff together, yet still be on our own as well.

If you are on facebook, I am loading the pics there that were taken by the ships photographers today. if you want to be surpised...don't look at them. :laughing:
I am also working on my editing my photopass. So I expect my TR not to be started for a few days yet. I also have a thing from snapfish to order 111 pics for $1.11 but of course it expires today. So I am loading the pics from the ship CD to get some worth out of that deal.
I feel like I am doing a whole lot, but not getting anything done. I still have all the suitcases laying around, but most are emptied. But of course that doesn't count when there are piles of stuff next to them. LOL!

And I am going to change my signature picture again...in the next day...I have so many ones I really like, so I will be rotating them for a while.

I'm so glad you had fun! You're right, 3 days really isn't enough! I love the pics you've posted so far and I can't wait to see the rest and hear all about your trip!

I'm so glad you had fun! You're right, 3 days really isn't enough! I love the pics you've posted so far and I can't wait to see the rest and hear all about your trip!

I got your sweatshirt and will send it out in the next few days. The blue one didn't have any larger sizes so I went with the greyish colored one. It has the inuagural stuff on it. Amd I really liked it. I got one for myself too.

I got your sweatshirt and will send it out in the next few days. The blue one didn't have any larger sizes so I went with the greyish colored one. It has the inuagural stuff on it. Amd I really liked it. I got one for myself too.

Aw thank you! My mom is going to be so excited! I can't wait to here what else you got yourself too!

I hope you find your card. I lost a few pictures in Jan, but nothing that really matters as I took 99% of my pic with the big camera too. I have a card holder as well. It looks just like Janet's, but mine don't have multipable pages, just on either side. Best of all, it was free! My DH got them with some Dj equipment that uses cards.

Welcome home Jen! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad there are honest people out there that simply believe in doing the right thing! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you got your phone back :) I really hope you find your memory card too!

I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see your pictures. We have seriously been talking about the Dream next April or summer during school break but we'd have to give up Disney for it....you'd do it though, huh? :rotfl2: My DS (7) has never cruised before (me & dh have) so I know he'd love it.

Mom2rtk - I love the organizational idea!! :thumbsup2 :lovestruc

Heather

You were so lucky to gte your phone back! You sure had an angel on your shoulder.:littleangel:

We lost our camera in Gatlinburg last Oct. never got it back. I was wanting a new camera anyway, but I relaly wanted those pictures.:headache:

Great!!! I just bought 2. I NEED these.

I hope the system works as well for you as it has for me. It drives me nuts that those cards are so small and would be so easy to lose. It just feels good to me to know the cases zip shut and are tethered to my bag.

All of your comments so far have me thinking I should stop reading. You're going to make me want to go........ I KNOW you are! :lmao: But my husband is utterly convinced he would hate a cruise, so I doubt that's happening.

Did you see the Villains show????

Aw thank you! My mom is going to be so excited! I can't wait to here what else you got yourself too!

I really didn't buy a lot, then at epcot I made a splurge purchase for myself.....

I hope you find your card. I lost a few pictures in Jan, but nothing that really matters as I took 99% of my pic with the big camera too. I have a card holder as well. It looks just like Janet's, but mine don't have multipable pages, just on either side. Best of all, it was free! My DH got them with some Dj equipment that uses cards.

I have looked through everything and cannotfind it. I know I changed it at Animators Palette. But I could've lost it later on during park days for all I know. I am going to call DCL and WDW and see if one was turned in. I can only hope and pray now. I just realized it was the card that I recorded the horn on. :guilty:

Welcome home Jen! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad there are honest people out there that simply believe in doing the right thing! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you got your phone back :) I really hope you find your memory card too!

I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see your pictures. We have seriously been talking about the Dream next April or summer during school break but we'd have to give up Disney for it....you'd do it though, huh? :rotfl2: My DS (7) has never cruised before (me & dh have) so I know he'd love it.

Mom2rtk - I love the organizational idea!! :thumbsup2 :lovestruc

Heather

I need to get a new system. I never had stuff lost before, but I took more stuff this time around too.

You were so lucky to gte your phone back! You sure had an angel on your shoulder.:littleangel:

We lost our camera in Gatlinburg last Oct. never got it back. I was wanting a new camera anyway, but I relaly wanted those pictures.:headache:

It is so frustrating. I hope someone found it and turned it in. Its a bummer, but I guess I lived and learned a lot this trip.

I hope the system works as well for you as it has for me. It drives me nuts that those cards are so small and would be so easy to lose. It just feels good to me to know the cases zip shut and are tethered to my bag.

All of your comments so far have me thinking I should stop reading. You're going to make me want to go........ I KNOW you are! :lmao: But my husband is utterly convinced he would hate a cruise, so I doubt that's happening.

Did you see the Villains show????

Yes we saw Villians. Surprisingly, it was Claire's favorite show. She thought Hades was so funny. It was my (and my moms) least favorite show. But still good. Just not wow stopping great. The Cruella Deville part of the show was really good though.
I obviuosly don't know your husband, but he may like it. Lots of food. And I very rarely ever felt the ship move. Smoothest cruise I ever have been on, and they said we were going through rough seas the first night. The shows were great, and lots of activities. And with the 3 night, you can get off the ship every day and do something.

I hhave a lot of catching up to do, but have been saving all my PTR and TR catching up for bedrest (I am starting with pre-eclampsia and know it is coming)....but why didn't Skip go?

It looks like since this wasn't the 'perfect trip' since you lost some things, I would say that is a good enough excuse to go back!!!! AT least that is my way of thinking!!! LOL!

I hhave a lot of catching up to do, but have been saving all my PTR and TR catching up for bedrest (I am starting with pre-eclampsia and know it is coming)....but why didn't Skip go?

It looks like since this wasn't the 'perfect trip' since you lost some things, I would say that is a good enough excuse to go back!!!! AT least that is my way of thinking!!! LOL!

Thats my way of thinking too. It was really one of the best trips I've ever taken. I never expect anything to be perfect...and can only blame myself for losing stuff. So far though I have found almost everything...just that one SD card got away. I wioo still keep looking and will try all the lost and founds I can. LOL!
Skips brother broke his leg, so Skip had to stay home with the cows.

I hope you have a restful rest of your pregnancy. I had a friend who had that too. It's rough. Before you know it though, you'll be holding your little one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter