DAS registration wait time

Me too-it was a simple process.

How quickly do advance DAS times dissappear if you wait to do it on day 25, 24, etc.? Just wondering how pressing the 30 days is for ride selection. Our 30 days is tomorrow but tomorrow isn't very convenient for us.

Reminder when registering for DAS:
- You don’t need to go into detailed descriptions of all of your/your child’s challenges.

- You also don’t need to give a diagnosis or list of diagnoses - Disney CMs don’t want that information and diagnosis isn’t really helpful. The same diagnosis affects different people in different way. One person may have lots of issues that affect waiting in line; another may not.

The things to think about before beginning registration are how you would briefly answer questions like these:
What are my concerns with waiting in the regular lines?
What issues do you/your child have with waiting in the regular lines?

The accommodation DAS provides is being able to wait somewhere else instead of in the long Standby Lines so you answers to why waiting in the Standby Lines is the important thing to keep in mind.
Also, keep in mind that DAS never guaranteed/guarantees immediate access once you return to the attraction. There will be a wait; hopefully, on the order of between 10 and 20 minutes or less once you enter the Lightning Lane.
But, there may be times when it’s longer - especially for slow loading/ low capacity attractions or those that shut down frequently (for example, Remy, Rise of Resistance, Test Track).

Reminder when registering for DAS:
- You don’t need to go into detailed descriptions of all of your/your child’s challenges.

- You also don’t need to give a diagnosis or list of diagnoses - Disney CMs don’t want that information and diagnosis isn’t really helpful. The same diagnosis affects different people in different way. One person may have lots of issues that affect waiting in line; another may not.

The things to think about before beginning registration are how you would briefly answer questions like these:
What are my concerns with waiting in the regular lines?
What issues do you/your child have with waiting in the regular lines?

The accommodation DAS provides is being able to wait somewhere else instead of in the long Standby Lines so you answers to why waiting in the Standby Lines is the important thing to keep in mind.
Also, keep in mind that DAS never guaranteed/guarantees immediate access once you return to the attraction. There will be a wait; hopefully, on the order of between 10 and 20 minutes or less once you enter the Lightning Lane.
But, there may be times when it’s longer - especially for slow loading/ low capacity attractions or those that shut down frequently (for example, Remy, Rise of Resistance, Test Track).
Surprisingly, my rep kept pressing for more details "why the normal queue didn't work" for my child. In response, she said she should get a mobility device and bring food and water in line with us. It isn't a mobility issue though and it isn't as simple as bringing snacks in line. I said the same things I've said during our previous trips since she was diagnosed. 🤷‍♀️ Thankfully my son still qualified so it should work out ok for her.

How quickly do advance DAS times dissappear if you wait to do it on day 25, 24, etc.? Just wondering how pressing the 30 days is for ride selection. Our 30 days is tomorrow but tomorrow isn't very convenient for us.
First - just making sure you know that it’s 30 days from your first park day, not your check in date (unless you are going to a park that day).
The website still says all park days must be in the window of 30 to 2 days before your park visit to make DAS Advance Selections.
Some people have been able to make DAS Advance Selections for their whole trip, including days that are more than 30 days out. Some have been only been able to do the days that are in that time window and had to call back to do the remainder.

Which DAS Advance Times/attractions ‘fill up’ first is really variable depending on what people calling in during the same trip period want. If you are looking for thrill rides and most others are looking for more ‘tame’ attractions, you should have little problem getting what you are looking for

First - just making sure you know that it’s 30 days from your first park day, not your check in date (unless you are going to a park that day).
The website still says all park days must be in the window of 30 to 2 days before your park visit to make DAS Advance Selections.
Some people have been able to make DAS Advance Selections for their whole trip, including days that are more than 30 days out. Some have been only been able to do the days that are in that time window and had to call back to do the remainder.

Which DAS Advance Times/attractions ‘fill up’ first is really variable depending on what people calling in during the same trip period want. If you are looking for thrill rides and most others are looking for more ‘tame’ attractions, you should have little problem getting what you are looking for
Just to clarify, if my DH gets approved for the DAS, can he hand it off to me for the advance selections, or does he have to sit there for that part too?

Just to clarify, if my DH gets approved for the DAS, can he hand it off to me for the advance selections, or does he have to sit there for that part too?
The website says the person registering for DAS must be introduced during the video portion and have their photo taken

Could you do both at the same time? Like both at 10am?
Yes, you can. Keep in mind that the DAS Advanced Selections are a 1-hour window that may or may not be allowed to use later. So if you can get to both within the same window it’s do-able. If the 2 rides are exact opposite ends of the park, probably not a good idea to overlap times.

Surprisingly, my rep kept pressing for more details "why the normal queue didn't work" for my child. In response, she said she should get a mobility device and bring food and water in line with us. It isn't a mobility issue though and it isn't as simple as bringing snacks in line. I said the same things I've said during our previous trips since she was diagnosed. 🤷‍♀️ Thankfully my son still qualified so it should work out ok for her.

Disney has quietly seemed to tighten up eligibility for DAS vs guests receiving other accommodation in the last few weeks, looking at the stream of posts to this thread.

It seems that certain issues no longer receive the automatic "yes", particularly as a guest gets older.

Just wanted to update that we did our pre registration this afternoon. Logged on around 3:30pm EST and waited less than 10 minutes, maybe even 5 minutes. Was pleasantly suprised. We were only allowed to book our first day of advance rides since today is 30 days from our first park day, which we expected.

Just wanted to update that we did our pre registration this afternoon. Logged on around 3:30pm EST and waited less than 10 minutes, maybe even 5 minutes. Was pleasantly suprised. We were only allowed to book our first day of advance rides since today is 30 days from our first park day, which we expected.
Interesting the variety of how many pre books are allowed. I was told 7 days so that’s what I did. I have an 8th day but don’t know that I’ll even bother calling back for that.

Seems to depend on which CM you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter