DAS registration wait time

Interesting the variety of how many pre books are allowed. I was told 7 days so that’s what I did. I have an 8th day but don’t know that I’ll even bother calling back for that.

Seems to depend on which CM you have.
I can have 2 advance DAS rides for each day of my trip, but since today was exactly 30 days out, I could only book the rides for the first day. Tomorrow I can book for the second day, etc. This is the stated policy. Anyone getting to book all days at 30 days out from the beginning of their trip is just getting lucky. It was super quick though and its not at all a big deal for me to pop on a chat for 5 mins each day and book 2 rides.

I can have 2 advance DAS rides for each day of my trip, but since today was exactly 30 days out, I could only book the rides for the first day. Tomorrow I can book for the second day, etc. This is the stated policy. Anyone getting to book all days at 30 days out from the beginning of their trip is just getting lucky. It was super quick though and its not at all a big deal for me to pop on a chat for 5 mins each day and book 2 rides.

Honestly that almost seems easier than booking for a whole trip at once.

my rep kept pressing for more details "why the normal queue didn't work" for my child.
Pressing for more details about the queue pretty much means what you had already said was either a diagnosis or had not clarified why being in the queue is a problem. Too many people prepare themselves with a list such as "my child's doctor diagnosed X Y and Z, she's in 3rd grade with an IEP, she gets speech therapy and OT at school plus an aide in the classroom helps her stay focused, her OT said we should get DAS." None of that helps for WDW.

Envision yourself in the queue with your child... then think about what happens... and ask yourself "What's going wrong? What does she need or why is being in the queue a concern? What is the negative aspect and why is it resolved outside the queue?" Keep your request focused on the queue environment and why being outside the queue is necessary (not preferred but necessary).

Mobility devices (stroller-as-wheelchair, wheelchair or scooter, walker/rollator, etc.) can serve other purposes within a queue. If there is a need to sit down or change position, a mobility device is likely to be the suggested accommodation even if the person can walk.

Sometimes a video or phone CM may not fully comprehend. If you are not successful registering for DAS in advance, try the parks and then go to Guest Relations armed with your recent experience(s) to share and request again. That's exactly what we did on our first visit with DD - tried without, then made the request when things were rocky.

Pressing for more details about the queue pretty much means what you had already said was either a diagnosis or had not clarified why being in the queue is a problem. Too many people prepare themselves with a list such as "my child's doctor diagnosed X Y and Z, she's in 3rd grade with an IEP, she gets speech therapy and OT at school plus an aide in the classroom helps her stay focused, her OT said we should get DAS." None of that helps for WDW.

Envision yourself in the queue with your child... then think about what happens... and ask yourself "What's going wrong? What does she need or why is being in the queue a concern? What is the negative aspect and why is it resolved outside the queue?" Keep your request focused on the queue environment and why being outside the queue is necessary (not preferred but necessary).

Mobility devices (stroller-as-wheelchair, wheelchair or scooter, walker/rollator, etc.) can serve other purposes within a queue. If there is a need to sit down or change position, a mobility device is likely to be the suggested accommodation even if the person can walk.

Sometimes a video or phone CM may not fully comprehend. If you are not successful registering for DAS in advance, try the parks and then go to Guest Relations armed with your recent experience(s) to share and request again. That's exactly what we did on our first visit with DD - tried without, then made the request when things were rocky.
Good advice. I describe my son's sensory issues and explain what can happen (screaming/ meltdowns/ etc) if he were to have to wait in the traditional line for too long.

I'm happy to report that we got my son registered for DAS in record time this morning. The whole process took only 17 minutes. The cast member let us do all of his advanced selections for the week. It was so much better then the first time we did it in August when it took 4 hours.
So jealous! I literally had to do our 7 days advance selections one day at a time. It was fine, but frustrating when I read that others didn't have to do this, especially because my selections were extremely limited, I'm guessing because others were able to book their entire trip. Typical Disney inconsistency.

So jealous! I literally had to do our 7 days advance selections one day at a time. It was fine, but frustrating when I read that others didn't have to do this, especially because my selections were extremely limited, I'm guessing because others were able to book their entire trip. Typical Disney inconsistency.
I was scared of doing it today because it was 30 days from our first park day instead of our last and thought I would have to log on every day for preselections but I figured it was better to do it on a Sunday morning than on a Friday afternoon/night. I was surprised that she did the whole week at once but I'm glad she did because there was only 1 time slot available for Slinky Dog that matched with our park reservations.

I was scared of doing it today because it was 30 days from our first park day instead of our last and thought I would have to log on every day for preselections but I figured it was better to do it on a Sunday morning than on a Friday afternoon/night. I was surprised that she did the whole week at once but I'm glad she did because there was only 1 time slot available for Slinky Dog that matched with our park reservations.
Yeah it was crazy how limited the slots were - we had to move down our list of choices several times. We did thankfully get slinky and MFSR our 2 DHS days but had no choice of times. I’m truly not complaining, I just ish they applied the policy consistently one way or the other.

We also had great luck yesterday. My son started the chat around 8:30am- connected with someone a little after 9 and was quickly approved. I then started a new chat (we are in two different states rn) and was able to pick the rides for our 6 days. We even got Slinky on our arrival night which was a pleasant surprise.

I didn't get registered until 2 weeks out from my 1st park day in early Dec and advance selections were quite limited. At MK. I could not get Jingle Cruise or PP or any mountains. Took HM and Buzz. At HS, could only get RnRC and Star Tours. The only other options were shows. At AK, managed to get Safari and then took Lion King show from very limited options. Epcot did allow me to get TT and Soarin but at very late times where the standby will probably not be bad. Not complaining at all because these are freebies and I am thankful for them. Just posting so people have an idea of advance selection availability at short notice.

I didn't get registered until 2 weeks out from my 1st park day in early Dec and advance selections were quite limited. At MK. I could not get Jingle Cruise or PP or any mountains. Took HM and Buzz. At HS, could only get RnRC and Star Tours. The only other options were shows. At AK, managed to get Safari and then took Lion King show from very limited options. Epcot did allow me to get TT and Soarin but at very late times where the standby will probably not be bad. Not complaining at all because these are freebies and I am thankful for them. Just posting so people have an idea of advance selection availability at short notice.

Yes that is not too surprising because even at 30 days out they don’t have many options for each ride. We were not shut out of any ride, but there were days we chose not to take our top choices because the times were not workable for us.

As someone traveling during Xmas week I was pleasantly surprised when I called this morning! I was logged on at 7 ET and done by 7:25, and got my advance selections for Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion. It was a very quick & easy experience!

Morning seems to help!

I am traveling this week but wasn't registering until yesterday and I waited almost 2 hours yesterday afternoon (plus got logged out over and over while waiting). But it was very quick and easy once I got a person!

Morning seems to help!

I am traveling this week but wasn't registering until yesterday and I waited almost 2 hours yesterday afternoon (plus got logged out over and over while waiting). But it was very quick and easy once I got a person!
Getting logged out is normal.
Since you are logged in to start with, ‘too long’ of a wait in chat is apparently looked at by the system as Inactivity. It happens about every 20-30 minutes and when you come back, the chat is at the same point as when you were ’kicked out’

I registered for and was able to get DAS for my trip yesterday morning at 28 days out. I logged on about 9:00 AM Central time. I was also able to set up my advanced selections for 3 of my 4 park days and got all of my first picks. I am currently still trying to get a reservation for Magic Kingdom on 12/27/22 and then make the advanced selections at that time, so we will see how that goes.

It was a fairly uneventful process. I was waiting in the chat for about half an hour when it kicked me off. By the time I figured out how to get it to log back in (turns out I just needed to close the chat window and reopen it), the Cast Member was on and let me know they were with another guest and would be with me shortly. They sent some questions in the chat box asking who would need the DAS, if that person was there, what other members of your party would be with you and the date of my first theme park visit. It was only another few minutes before the CM was there with me and we were chatting. She then got me on a video call and asked me about why I had trouble with the lines, approved me, then sent me over to another CM to handle the Advanced Selections. I let that CM know what days I would be at which parks and what rides I wanted to preselect and that was that. The only issue that popped up with preselection was my EPCOT day. The times they gave me were close to my Whispering Canyon reservation, so I let them know what was going on and they were able to move them to one earlier in the day and one later, so they didn't clash with my current dining reservation.

What a difference a day makes. We changed park reservations for New Year's Day so I wanted to change preselections for that day. I joined the queue at 5:30 and just got off. I was waiting for 3 hours! Moral of the story- join first thing in the morning, not in the evening after work.

2.5 hours this morning....once approved they would only let me do my first day
Going to try again tomorrow..hopefully i don't need to do this daily for the next week

Requested chat at 7am est this morning (it was 4am for me!) and waited 6 min for the agent. I was approved about 2 min later. Short, sweet and easy! But, they would not let me do pre selections today. Thats ok, I don't think I will bother anyways. It's such a stressor for me, Im glad its over and done for this trip.

3 Hour "renewal" on Tuesday around 2:50PM (same time/day I did it in October and had it done in half an hour). Presumably the winter break is something to do with it. Got logged out about 10 times (tried using Safari and Firefox - didn't seem to make a difference). They did let me make advance selections (but we are just doing one park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter