Dating for a meal

No, never!

Not only have I never done that, but I don't know anyone that has.

This is what I mean by your confidence & out look. Me, I’ve gone out with 2 guys in the past 3 years. And right now I’m DONE. I just can’t do it.

That's really sweet of you to say. My 2 closest girlfriends are both currently single. One never married and is 41. She very much wants a traditional family, but dating freaks her out so much she'll only go on a couple of dates over the course of the entire summer for instance (she's a teacher), so you're pretty normal. I encourage her, and you, or anyone, who'd like to find a partner, to just go out with tons of people. When you're dating and have multiple people that seem interesting, you're more relaxed and not invested in this ONE SINGLE DATE being amazing. Then it's fun. I actually miss dating sometimes because I often met really cool people even if they weren't the one. I know it's corny, but when I met DH, I kinda knew he was it. He kissed me and my knees literally went weak, but even then, I had other men I was talking to, so it wasn't such a big deal if he didn't invite me for a second date. While I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, it was definitely attraction/interest at first date. He'd been quite the active dater too and we both started dropping other potentials to focus on each other, so I reckon it was meant to be. So while the random interesting people I met while dating were fun, having the one you were meant for makes all the frogs and fretting worth it. If you want a relationship of course. Some people just enjoy ************* and that's perfectly fine too. It can be fun, you just have to be able to be chill and not too invested at the beginning in it.

Lol, not for a long time but that brings back memories! Isn't that one of the perks of *************? If you're not dating around trying to find the love of your life, aren't you just looking for a good time? Even better if it's on someone else's dime? Not saying I feel that way now, but when I was younger I was all about dating with an eye for what I could get out of it. It goes both ways--the men that were dating me weren't interested in me because I'm funny or a witty conversationalist :)

Lol, not for a long time but that brings back memories! Isn't that one of the perks of *************? If you're not dating around trying to find the love of your life, aren't you just looking for a good time? Even better if it's on someone else's dime? Not saying I feel that way now, but when I was younger I was all about dating with an eye for what I could get out of it. It goes both ways--the men that were dating me weren't interested in me because I'm funny or a witty conversationalist :)

kind of true, kind of cynical, in a huge broad sense you could think women sale there goods, or hopes of getting them goods, and all men pay for that hope. But for any relationship to grow, its founded on the bolded truth . If Im not comfortable with someone, its gets old real quick

I agree w[th you, why put yourself thru dating again, if you happen to connect with someone, great if not thats good too. ;)
I agree. I've never dated in the way @amberpi talks about. That's just not me. Honestly right now Mr. Right could knock on my door and I am not sure I would answer it.

No, I have never done that. I really believe that I took dating way too seriously anyway. I am married and glad to be out of that scene.

I figured it was a numbers game until I ran into "the one." I married some dude off a Tinder date, and we've been hitched for over a year, so I think it worked out. I ordered my previous husband on the internet too on Match, so I guess I'm 50/50.
Agree with this. I married before online dating, but I literally lost count of all the men I dated. If it didn’t work out, on to the next one! Don’t take anything personally. It’s important to keep trying though. If a relationship is truly a goal, you need to pursue it like anything else you want. It’s so worth it in the end!

Just have to say I wish I had your confidence and out look on dating. My experience/lack of experience makes me want to run and hid.
When I started dating again after divorcing my first husband of 30 years the only advice is to look at each new date with enthusiasm. After many, many first dates ( I won't say how many) I met the man of my dreams and we are married 3 years now.

I do agree, a coffee or drink if you both prefer is a great way to meet on a first date. I couldn't believe I said yes to a second date...I drove home saying to myself I can't believe I'm going on a second date, and I was excited about it too!

If you don't hide eventually you will find someone, it's inevitable! Don't hide, get out there, lol!

Older article but a 23 year old woman used Match to set up, up to 5 dates per week to for free meals.

https://www.businessinsider.com/confessions-how-she-made-1200-a-month-using-matchcom-2011-11

That sounds utterly exhausting! After my divorce 5 years ago, I did some dating and just those few were exhausting, the whole small talk "getting to know you" is not fun for me at all. Fortunately it only took a few dates before I met the guy I've been with for 4 years now.

That's really sweet of you to say. My 2 closest girlfriends are both currently single. One never married and is 41. She very much wants a traditional family, but dating freaks her out so much she'll only go on a couple of dates over the course of the entire summer for instance (she's a teacher), so you're pretty normal. I encourage her, and you, or anyone, who'd like to find a partner, to just go out with tons of people. When you're dating and have multiple people that seem interesting, you're more relaxed and not invested in this ONE SINGLE DATE being amazing. Then it's fun. I actually miss dating sometimes because I often met really cool people even if they weren't the one. I know it's corny, but when I met DH, I kinda knew he was it. He kissed me and my knees literally went weak, but even then, I had other men I was talking to, so it wasn't such a big deal if he didn't invite me for a second date. While I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, it was definitely attraction/interest at first date. He'd been quite the active dater too and we both started dropping other potentials to focus on each other, so I reckon it was meant to be. So while the random interesting people I met while dating were fun, having the one you were meant for makes all the frogs and fretting worth it. If you want a relationship of course. Some people just enjoy ************* and that's perfectly fine too. It can be fun, you just have to be able to be chill and not too invested at the beginning in it.

While that can work with for some people, I've had a hard enough time getting one woman to go on a date with me, forget having dozens in the queue! For some of us, it is difficult and getting just the one date takes a lot of effort and luck. It's just not that easy.

We do the old people's version of this - once you hit age 55 you get all kinds of offers for free dinners to listen to retirement finance schemes. DH is older than me, so we would go to a couple every year that he was invited to, now I am getting them.

I’m also super pro guys paying.

Why? What if you asked the guy out? Is he still expected to pay for it all?

kind of true, kind of cynical, in a huge broad sense you could think women sale there goods, or hopes of getting them goods, and all men pay for that hope. But for any relationship to grow, its founded on the bolded truth . If Im not comfortable with someone, its gets old real quick

That's a nasty huge broad brush you're painting with. Are you single, by chance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter