Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

Oof... The one we were ghosted on is also Boardwalk studio, first week of Oct. Sitting in Portland, surrounded by wildfires with air quality so bad its off the charts being reminded to be nicer because I don't know whats going on in the owners' lives. My MIL's farm is 5 miles from burning to the ground, my aunt's house was lost in WA... I'm honestly trying but it's hard, y'all. We're ALL are having a hard time of it right now! :headache:

I'm very sorry to see/hear about the severe losses out west. As we are sitting and watching for another hurricane on gulf coast, I do appreciate that everybody's got 'something' going on - it's just been a rougher year than most for everyone. On a positive note - that reservation (boardwalk studio) is still yours unless your owner replies/re-rents. Grab an n95 mask and a cheap, cheap flight and come enjoy the Boardwalk balcony! We all need to de-stress a bit, I think.

So I stopped reading this a bit back, so end all we won charge back with Citibank and lost with bank of America ... Our trip was back in April while disney was closed. So we are looking at about 1500$ in voucher, FML. Is there any market to sell a voucher?? Is that even something that could be done.... I don't want to deal with David's and don't want to travel... Yes I know 3 years...

So I stopped reading this a bit back, so end all we won charge back with Citibank and lost with bank of America ... Our trip was back in April while disney was closed. So we are looking at about 1500$ in voucher, FML. Is there any market to sell a voucher?? Is that even something that could be done.... I don't want to deal with David's and don't want to travel... Yes I know 3 years...

You'd have to ask if you can transfer the voucher to someone else? Or book a reservation in someone else's name?

I want to add a night to a reservation. If i purchase an dedicated reservation from David’s, will the renter be reimbursed?

I want to add a night to a reservation. If i purchase an dedicated reservation from David’s, will the renter be reimbursed?

From reports, The renters were given choices of a full amount voucher or he was refunding cash minus a $3/point restocking fee.

So, I would say it depends on what the renter actually chose.

Only David’s can tell you if you are allowed to use the voucher to book in someone else’s name, IMO, I would think he would allow it since you would be the ones giving the names,

I am not sure you will get him to agree to find a renter for you to take the voucher...all you can do is ask.

Is David still in business? I listed the points from a few contracts with him, and there's radio (email) silence for weeks. My guess is their focus is on re-renting the zillions of points from canceled reservations, and they may not want to rent any new points on which they have to pay the 70% upfront.

Is David still in business? I listed the points from a few contracts with him, and there's radio (email) silence for weeks. My guess is their focus is on re-renting the zillions of points from canceled reservations, and they may not want to rent any new points on which they have to pay the 70% upfront.

Last I knew they were but I’d say you may be correct in that they are using owners points from the closures who agreed to rent again vs send back money.

They also have tons of confirmed ones up for less because renters want out which may be taking renters away from the new points.

Yes, I think so. They contacted me on Friday to see if I still had points that I wanted to rent with them. I politely declined.

In business enough that they have finally challenged my charge back after 3 months. Ugh, back to proving my case with the credit card again so they understand why these vouchers aren't fair compensation....

Well in yet another twist (and just to be completely transparent as I've commented several times already on this thread) David's emailed me out of the blue today and said my other reservation - the one the owners supposedly did not respond on - has sold and we will be getting our refund minus the $3 per point fee.

I never did see it posted to their list of dedicated reservations but I last looked a week or so ago - I thought we were out of time... check in is in 11 days. They never updated us that the owners had responded or anything. I have no idea what to think, or who to believe, but I'm thrilled that money I had kissed goodbye is coming back to us. :upsidedow

Well in yet another twist (and just to be completely transparent as I've commented several times already on this thread) David's emailed me out of the blue today and said my other reservation - the one the owners supposedly did not respond on - has sold and we will be getting our refund minus the $3 per point fee.

I never did see it posted to their list of dedicated reservations but I last looked a week or so ago - I thought we were out of time... check in is in 11 days. They never updated us that the owners had responded or anything. I have no idea what to think, or who to believe, but I'm thrilled that money I had kissed goodbye is coming back to us. :upsidedow

Id say in this case, it doesn’t matter why you didn’t get contacted, its a happy ending for you.

In business enough that they have finally challenged my charge back after 3 months. Ugh, back to proving my case with the credit card again so they understand why these vouchers aren't fair compensation....
Good luck!

We check in just 8 days from now. Hopefully, our owner has no intention of cancelling our stay this late. I have been worried the owner would be so mad at David’s they’d cancel us to spite him.

We check in just 8 days from now. Hopefully, our owner has no intention of cancelling our stay this late. I have been worried the owner would be so mad at David’s they’d cancel us to spite him.

Even as angry as owners were..,myself included...they would violate the contract doing it and screw renters in the process for no reason because resorts are open and he is paying owners for the stays.

So, I’d say you are safe. Only thing some owners have done is not agree to name changes when a renter wanted out because of contract differences and don’t trust him that it doesn’t apply even though they are put on a new contract with new renters that have different terms.

Have a great time.

Spite has no place in contracts... we have a contract with David, we may have issues with the way he does business but as long as he honors his part of the deal, owners in all likelihood will honor theirs.

From reports, The renters were given choices of a full amount voucher or he was refunding cash minus a $3/point restocking fee.

So, I would say it depends on what the renter actually chose.

Interesting that his "restocking" fee equals his profit on points.

We purchased a confirmed reservation last month 2 days before the stay started! 11 days is plenty of time to plan a stay! Congrats on your reservation selling :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter