DCL transfers - AKL to PC - how do I arrange that?

StaciaRae

Mouseketeer
I’m trying to do my online check in and I don’t see where to put in that we need a DCL pickup at AKL? We have paid for Disney transportation and I did put in there that we will be dropped off at the Poly after the cruise, but how do I arrange a pick up from AKL? TIA!

If you've already purchased transfers to and from the port DCL should have put in your reservation where you are getting picked up from. Everyone reguardless whether you have transfers or not get asked in the check in process how they're leaving and where they're going after the cruise. If you're still concerned about them not having the correct info just call DCL to confirm. DCL will leave you the pick up time and location of where to meet at AKL the night before you leave in a letter delivered to your room about 8pm and there will be a DCL representative there too!!! Enjoy your cruise!!

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me for our upcoming cruise. Only one of us is using the DCL to the ship. Like you, there was no place to indicate that when I did online checkin for all of us. This had never been a problem for previous cruises so I think it is an oversight in the current update.

I called DCL to check. The agent could see the transfer including the WDW hotel and told me it was not a problem with the system.:headache: When our cruise documents arrived and it was still not listed, I called again. Much better agent who could see her transfer but understood my concern. She emailed me a confirmation which showed the transfer, thank goodness. Good luck and happy sailing. :boat:

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me for our upcoming cruise. Only one of us is using the DCL to the ship. Like you, there was no place to indicate that when I did online checkin for all of us. This had never been a problem for previous cruises so I think it is an oversight in the current update.

I called DCL to check. The agent could see the transfer including the WDW hotel and told me it was not a problem with the system.:headache: When our cruise documents arrived and it was still not listed, I called again. Much better agent who could see her transfer but understood my concern. She emailed me a confirmation which showed the transfer, thank goodness. Good luck and happy sailing. :boat:

Thanks!! I called yesterday and had the agent add the info to our reservation - however, I did not receive an email indicating the change like I expected I would. I'll check our cruise documents when they come in December, hopefully it's there. She told me that we'd receive a notice in our room the night before our cruise and to watch for it - if we don't see it she told me to go to guest services.

If I can tag on a question here since it's to do with resort to port transfers...

I'm staying at Art of Animation for one night prior to my cruise in Feb. My TA has the transfers set and it shows on my paperwork from her. But I'm curious how getting the letter will work since I'm only there one night. Will it likely be at the front desk when I check in (which will be in the morning)? Or would this be a case to just go to the concierge at AoA and find out?

If I can tag on a question here since it's to do with resort to port transfers...

I'm staying at Art of Animation for one night prior to my cruise in Feb. My TA has the transfers set and it shows on my paperwork from her. But I'm curious how getting the letter will work since I'm only there one night. Will it likely be at the front desk when I check in (which will be in the morning)? Or would this be a case to just go to the concierge at AoA and find out?
It may be available when you check in. Either they will give it to you at check in, or you can check at the DCL transfer desk. Or it will be delivered to your room that evening (with turn down).

It may be available when you check in. Either they will give it to you at check in, or you can check at the DCL transfer desk. Or it will be delivered to your room that evening (with turn down).

AoA has turndown? :)

Thanks Shmoo! :D

Don't know about the turn down, but the letter should show up in your room that evening (or you'll get it at check in :teeth:) We've had it happen both ways.

Cool! Thanks! In July I'm at the Poly for 3 nights pre-cruise, so plenty of time to get it then.

Will it likely be at the front desk when I check in (which will be in the morning)?

We've always received ours the night prior at about 8 pm, usually hung in an envelope on the door handle, never from the front desk when I check in. There also isn't always a DCL desk in the hotel and sometimes even if there is, it isn't always manned. I don't recall ever seeing acknowledgement of it in our printed material nor at on-line check in. That always freaks me out a bit, worried that somehow it didn't get booked. But we always get the letter, always at about the same time. The letter will tell you where to meet and at what time. Luggage pick up has always been 8 am (you don't need to be there), bus pickup has been between 10:30-1:00. There should be someone checking names off a list when you meet at the scheduled location and who will give you any additional instructions and will ask about number of bags that should have been picked up.

If you don't get the letter by about 8 pm, I'd check with front desk and they should be able to either give you information or tell you who to call. If your TA says you're booked and you can see it, you should be fine. I've used them for 8 out of 10 cruises (friends picked us up once and once was a B2B) over a period of 16 years including 3 in Europe and it's always been very efficient with a remarkably similar process each time. They even walk you from the meet location to the bus and check that everyone gets on.

One more question... I'm seriously pondering changing my pre-cruise resort for February. I'm sure my TA knows the answer, but I don't want to bother her over the weekend. She'd just let DCL know of the change for the already paid for transfers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter