DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Curious. What kind? I used to bake... but haven't in a long time. Not sure why not (other than a lack of time)

I used to work in a grocery store deli/ bakery where I learned to cook. Today it was challah bread as I knew I had plenty of time for proofing. I do a three strand platt and put in in a round dish. Looks and tastes great. I'm ok with puff pastry and cakes.

It is a genetic thing. SWMBO does the same thing.

It must be. It does look like carp in the living room. I'm afraid she'll want me to carry it upstairs.

Checkpoint reached: ADR's made this morning.

Made the mistake last night of trying to get ideas from my daughters as to what restaurants they might like to go to. That ended up changing about half of our plans. :sad2: But I got them all, with the only downer of having a 9:10pm Ohana ressie on Arrival Night. That's a bit late. Gonna keep an eye on it and hope I can squeek in an earlier ADR.

TL

I used to work in a grocery store deli/ bakery where I learned to cook. Today it was challah bread as I knew I had plenty of time for proofing. I do a three strand platt and put in in a round dish. Looks and tastes great. I'm ok with puff pastry and cakes.

:worship:

Made the mistake last night of trying to get ideas from my daughters as to what restaurants they might like to go to. That ended up changing about half of our plans. :sad2: But I got them all, with the only downer of having a 9:10pm Ohana ressie on Arrival Night. That's a bit late. Gonna keep an eye on it and hope I can squeek in an earlier ADR.

TL

Good! Can't always get 'em all.

Good! Can't always get 'em all.

It's weird, tried 3 different nights for that Ohana dinner, with the same luck (and in one case, no luck). But I tried a random date for Cinderella's Royal Table, just to see (we don't have any interest in going there), and had no problem whatsoever getting a bunch of different times. Weird.

TL

Good job there mate. We do ours tomorrow. Funny enough, we gave our littl'uns a choice and they picked Ohana as well. Cali Grill is the only one left on our must do, so we might pick that one off and let the kids have a night in the new(ish) kids club in the Contemporary.
I do a three strand platt and put in in a round dish. Looks and tastes great. I'm ok with puff pastry and cakes.
That's an awesome skill to have. I cook up most things from scratch but I leave baking alone, never really got into it.

Seeing old friends today in their new house in the country. Foggy in London.
Have a great day fellas.

London out.

It's weird, tried 3 different nights for that Ohana dinner, with the same luck (and in one case, no luck). But I tried a random date for Cinderella's Royal Table, just to see (we don't have any interest in going there), and had no problem whatsoever getting a bunch of different times. Weird.

TL
Give me a shout when y'all get closer or PM me your dates (or both).
According to Rob and Ron, I can sweet talk the CMs into just about anything, so maybe...maybe I can go to ohana

Morning, boys.
Wow... slept in until 10am... I don't remember that happening in a looooong time.

TL

I wonder if the fact that CRT's food gets less than stellar reviews and the fact you can see princesses elsewhere is impacting its popularity. It used to be the hottest ticket at Disney.

We do ours tomorrow.

Good luck!
When are your dates?

Morning all. Did OK at tennis. A lot of pain in my knee though.

I've got you there, I play the age card and say I'm too old to be moving stuff so if she wants it moved she will have to move it.

Now, she says the blinds don't go well with the furniture, and she is out buying new blinds. I must have missed that money tree in the backyard. Sheesh.

TL

Have you checked Kona? It's not Ohana, but it's close, and you may get an earlier meal if that is your desire.

Good job there mate. We do ours tomorrow. Funny enough, we gave our littl'uns a choice and they picked Ohana as well. Cali Grill is the only one left on our must do, so we might pick that one off and let the kids have a night in the new(ish) kids club in the Contemporary.

That's an awesome skill to have. I cook up most things from scratch but I leave baking alone, never really got into it.

Cali Grill is quite nice. They have renovated it at least once since we have been there. BLT is my favorite dvc resort thus far, and I really like that location and Contemporary Resort.

As for baking, thanks. I'll post a picture one day. Now, it's just a plate of crumbs.

I wonder if the fact that CRT's food gets less than stellar reviews and the fact you can see princesses elsewhere is impacting its popularity. It used to be the hottest ticket at Disney.
?

We've tried all 3 meal times at CRT. The breakfast used to be good and the other two were dreadful. They changed the breakfast, so we won't go back. I know it's about the castle experience, but the food is inedible. We've never tried Akershus for dinner, but I think we would give it a whirl before CRT again.

A lot of pain in my knee though.

Sorry to hear that. Not good.

I must have missed that money tree in the backyard. Sheesh.

Oh, yes. It's called "your savings". And if that tree's been completely pruned, then right beside it is "your debt".

We've tried all 3 meal times at CRT. The breakfast used to be good and the other two were dreadful. They changed the breakfast, so we won't go back. I know it's about the castle experience, but the food is inedible. We've never tried Akershus for dinner, but I think we would give it a whirl before CRT again.

Did breakfast when that's all that existed. Wasn't memorable. Not bad, not good, just there. We were there for the princesses as the DDs were little then and still believed.

Hey guys,

Rough day at work today, short staffed, lots of mail, and the threat of rain all day. but I made it through and now have three, possibily four, days off in a row. Woo-hoo!

Have you checked Kona? It's not Ohana, but it's close, and you may get an earlier meal if that is your desire.

I'll have to swing it by the missus and see what she thinks. I've been trying to push Whispering Canyon as an alternative, but for some reason she's hung up on O'hana, which is funny, because I was the one who was first big on it, and she wasn't interested.

We love Akershus breakfast, must do every trip. Could never justify the cost of Cindy's, castle or no.

Give me a shout when y'all get closer or PM me your dates (or both).
According to Rob and Ron, I can sweet talk the CMs into just about anything, so maybe...maybe I can go to ohana

It's good to know people that know people! lol We are looking at O'hana dinner on our arrival day of Aug. 21st....

TL

Holy carp! Is Kona's a single Dining Credit? Because according to Allears, they have a steak entree that's $95! I'd be ALL over that for a single credit!!!!

TL

Morning boys from a sunny and bright London. Batman - Mask of the Phantasm was on the box this morning, so me and the boy watched that while I had a cheeky espresso. I forgot how much I enjoyed the WB animated Batman.

Good luck!
When are your dates?
Aug 24 - 31 in WDW. So I'm a day out as I'm at 181 today. So tomorrow is D Day for reservations. Only going for 5, Kona for dinner, Ohana for dinner, Cali Grill for dinner, Garden grill for breakfast and Homecomin for dinner. The rest we'll just wing it.
Holy carp! Is Kona's a single Dining Credit? Because according to Allears, they have a steak entree that's $95! I'd be ALL over that for a single credit!!!!
It's a sharing platter, Porterhouse and a NY strip steak I think. Sounds good! Does that still count on the dining plan?
Rough day at work today, short staffed, lots of mail, and the threat of rain all day. but I made it through and now have three, possibily four, days off in a row. Woo-hoo!
Enjoy those days off buddy, sounds like you had a rough week.

Have a good Sunday chaps.

Aug 24 - 31 in WDW. So I'm a day out as I'm at 181 today. So tomorrow is D Day for reservations. Only going for 5, Kona for dinner, Ohana for dinner, Cali Grill for dinner, Garden grill for breakfast and Homecomin for dinner. The rest we'll just wing it.

Good luck with Ohana. Tried for dinner dates on the 21st, 23rd, 24th, and 26th, and the best times could get were around 9pm. (none were available on the 26th.)

Enjoy those days off buddy, sounds like you had a rough week.

Rough couple of weeks. Mail service in Northern Wisconsin during the winter is no joke!

TL

May end up swapping out our O'hana ADR for Raglan Road. Got a much better timeslot and I think the DDs will like the food and show there a little more. Gonna hang on to our Ohana ressie for a bit to see if we can score an earlier time, but now I'm thinking RR is the way to go.

Plus, Guinness.

TL

Good luck with Ohana. Tried for dinner dates on the 21st, 23rd, 24th, and 26th, and the best times could get were around 9pm. (none were available on the 26th.)
Cheers mate. We stay at the Poly, so if we don't get the reservation we may try the in room version of it, I've generally heard good things about it.
Rough couple of weeks. Mail service in Northern Wisconsin during the winter is no joke!
I can imagine. Is it all back up from the angry letters to Mike McCarthy?
Morning all. Did OK at tennis. A lot of pain in my knee though.
How is it today fella?
Cali Grill is quite nice
Yeah, I've heard good things. The brunch we think is a bit pointless with the kids, although from FB you now know my boy's love of all things seafood, so he'd work the value on the lobster cocktail. :rotfl:
We love Akershus breakfast, must do every trip. Could never justify the cost of Cindy's, castle or no.
We really enjoyed Akershus. We did the lunch there. The princesses were great. We've done CRT for Breakfast and Lunch, but it is a bit of a stretch on value to say the least.
Plus, Guinness.
Amen.
Wow... slept in until 10am... I don't remember that happening in a looooong time.
What is this mythical time you speak of?
yes. It's called "your savings".
What is this mythical thing you speak of?
As for Bo Peep and her sheep, I figured you would take a shot at my great state of Kentucky- where sheep can be both the main course (mutton) and your date for the evening.
I believe I know the sterotype you are referring to, over here this is reserved for our brethren in Wales. Where men are men and sheep are nervous.
Very. And yet...
Ever see Family Guy?
When it started, Stewie could speak, but only the viewers knew what he was saying.
He was watching a program about nuclear warfare or some such (he was plotting to overthrow the world... again)
and the channel got changed to that and he started to throw a fit but quickly went slack jawed.
I loved Family Guy. The cut scenes are genius.

Me an the Lady K keep going round the houses to decide what to have for dinner, and I've got to go and buy it from the supermarket. It's one of those days where we can't reach a decision. The struggle is real.

Last edited:

TL

holy smokes!

I forgot how much I enjoyed the WB animated Batman.

must admit never seeing any

ohhh...

I got mixed up. I was thinking 60 days (for FP) and we'd maybe have a chance to say hi. Nope. Not so much.

What is this mythical time you speak of?

Right??????

What is this mythical thing you speak of?

It's a theoretical concept concocted by mathematicians. The debt tree on the other hand flourishes quite nicely.

Happy Sunday. Still cold here, but the sun is out. Getting caught up on EPL. Liverpool still on top by one point with a draw at injured Manchester United.

Oh, yes. It's called "your savings". And if that tree's been completely pruned, then right beside it is "your debt".

Thankfully, it's not debt and we can afford it. Just not sure why we needed new curtains.

L

Akershus breakfast was always good. That cold buffet was a nice plus. What did they have? Lingonberry? Plus, I snapped this picture there over a decade ago.

Day 5 Banquet Hall Aug 30[6].jpg

My girls kept saying Jasmine was my favorite princess that trip, although they didn't know why. Now they do. :lmao:

L

Don't do the dining plan anymore, but their steaks were quite good.

May end up swapping out our O'hana ADR for Raglan Road. Got a much better timeslot and I think the DDs will like the food and show there a little more. Gonna hang on to our Ohana ressie for a bit to see if we can score an earlier time, but now I'm thinking RR is the way to go.

We've never made it to Raglan Road. There are so many options in Disney Springs and that one never won out.

How is it today fella?

Yeah, I've heard good things. The brunch we think is a bit pointless with the kids, although from FB you now know my boy's love of all things seafood, so he'd work the value on the lobster cocktail. :rotfl:

I believe I know the sterotype you are referring to, over here this is reserved for our brethren in Wales. Where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Knee feels normal today, so it must have been the activity.

One of the best steaks I had at WDW was at Cali Grill. But, we have not tried the brunch though.

My girls kept saying Jasmine was my favorite princess that trip, although they didn't know why. Now they do. :lmao:

Until they changed her outfit. One of the great tragedies of the 21st century.

We've never made it to Raglan Road. There are so many options in Disney Springs and that one never won out.

Been there. Fun show.

Knee feels normal today, so it must have been the activity.

Good to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter