DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

But you set the record! That's the important thing.
:thumbsup2
Wow, that's great! Nice work. I've been trying to do better with exercise since quarantine began, but it hasn't really shown up on the scale. Probably eating too much junk.
I've cut way back on my eating too. That's probably making more of a difference than the running. (Although that helps too.)
Yes. Generally speaking, write-in votes are not statistically significant anyway.
Figured as much. ::yes::
Yes. A candidate has to meet the state's filing deadline, and do all the required paperwork and so on and so forth. We usually have the Republican and Democrat candidates on our ballot, plus a handful of others from smaller, more obscure political parties that will end up with less than 1% of the vote.
Okay. We have similar. We've usually got at least 3 from the main parties and a couple more from smaller parties or independents too.
Yeah, but the wife has chosen not to get the A/C fixed in her car as she's going to swap it with her mother, who doesn't drive her car, so my DW's current car will become an extra. So that's one expensive thing taken care of.
Good compromise.
Depends on the beach, but I have two within a 10 minute drive from my house
Really! Nice. If I want a beach I've got at least a 90 minute drive in front of me.
(Although there is a couple man-made ones closer, but I tend not to go there. Small.)

And they are closing Disney Shanghai. Carp!!! If they close WDW, I can get the credit for the flights. I'll be out the DVC dues money, which is a hard swallow. But, if we use 1 day of the APs and get cancelled, no money back on those. That may be more than I'm willing to gamble. DW wants to sleep on it, and try to get into Vero Beach Resort tomorrow. Ugh.

But wouldn’t I be excluded since I’m not a US citizen??

I think they're more like guidelines.

Morning guys.

I had some new neighbours move in Friday.
I wasn't particularly close with the old ones, but we would have an occasional chat so I was sad to see them go.
Newbies decided to have a party on their back deck last night, which is very close to my living room window, and DDs bedroom on the upstairs floor. They did shut it up around 11:00pm, but I hope they don't make a habit of it. I'm and old man and get off my lawn!

Sorry to hear it. I'm usually in bed by 10 PM. I hope it calms down. We got new renters across the street. No parties, but a lot of move in drama.

That's what these will be after the show

Don't know how to cook rabbit.

Morning, Gents! Just a quick check in to say hey. Had a pretty good weekend, kind of an expensive weekend, but a good one. Had a virtual family reunion via Zoom on Saturday, so that was fun. Got to meet a bunch of second cousins I've never met before. And then the A/C in the DW's car decided to die on us, as did one of the A/C units in the house (window A/C units). My lawnmower decided it had had enough and went to the big lawn in the sky. I tried to get it fixed by calling a guy who does house calls (yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, too). He took a look at it, hooked up a gauge, tried to start it and then told me that it wasn't worth it. So off to Home Depot to get a new mower. By Sunday I had had enough and said, "That's it, I'm done! DW: "Done with what?" Me: "Being an adult, get your bathing suits on family because we're heading to the beach." So we went to the beach to play in the sand with the DD and then play Marco Polo in the water. Oh, and to get get ice cream from the ice cream truck, twice! That's exactly what I needed. Have a good day.

TTFN

The beach sounds great. We have beaches on our man made lakes 2 hours away, but that's not as fun as the ocean.

ohhhhkay.
So let me get this straight. You can write in any name and it may or may not count as a vote, depending on the State.
I presume then if you're registered in a State, that your name would be on the ballot?

Which is why there is so much money in campaigns. Sure they gotta travel around, but they have local people in each state to complete paperwork, I assume with enough signatures of local supporters, file to get on the ballot, and then campaign by ads, knocking on doors, rallies, etc.

About 10-15 to go to where I want to be.
Within reach. I did a 28 day keto cycle and got down about 18. Gonna do another one next month and see if I can get another 10-15 myself.

Are people spontaneously combusting????
Not yet but you can cook on the sidewalk. :rotfl2: Just a Texas July day. Still have a few degrees to go to hit the record.
I just make rabbit and dumplings.

Farenheit or Celsius?
I think it stops mattering after 110. It just means I have to switch to beer from Tequila when I get home.

And they are closing Disney Shanghai. Carp!!! If they close WDW, I can get the credit for the flights. I'll be out the DVC dues money, which is a hard swallow. But, if we use 1 day of the APs and get cancelled, no money back on those. That may be more than I'm willing to gamble. DW wants to sleep on it, and try to get into Vero Beach Resort tomorrow. Ugh
Reason for closing Shanghai?
Okay I’m in. Vote for me!
Nor I. But I’ll eat it. ;)
Which is why there is so much money in campaigns. Sure they gotta travel around, but they have local people in each state to complete paperwork, I assume with enough signatures of local supporters, file to get on the ballot, and then campaign by ads, knocking on doors, rallies, etc.
Farenheit or Celsius?
At that temp, does it even matter anymore?

Within reach. I did a 28 day keto cycle and got down about 18. Gonna do another one next month and see if I can get another 10-15 myself.
Good luck!
Not yet but you can cook on the sidewalk. :rotfl2: Just a Texas July day. Still have a few degrees to go to hit the record.
In Canada that would be a sign of the apocalypse. Heck, it would be the apocalypse.

Morning boys.
Get to sleep in today! Yay!

Wait. I’m up at 5:30am

Stupid dogs.
Once they’re fed I hope to go back to bed. We’ll see if I actually fall back asleep.

Hey, Gents! Had a good day at work yesterday, a bit slow, my immediate supervisor had me look for work on the computer because there was nothing to do, "Soooo you want me to sit at the computer and goof off online all day? Why don't mind if I do!" so that's what I did. Otherwise things are going pretty good.

Good compromise.

I thought so. If I use my DW's old car for something (she has a Prius, so it's better to take certain things to the dump), I can deal with not having the A/C for the short time I'm in it.

Really! Nice. If I want a beach I've got at least a 90 minute drive in front of me.
(Although there is a couple man-made ones closer, but I tend not to go there. Small.)

It is nice, and we go there often. However, we're going to have to skip the pond for a while. My DD started breaking out last weekend after we came back from the pond. At first, I thought it was the beginning of Chicken Pox, but they don't itch, so off to the Dr.'s my wife goes. Turns out, some ponds on the Cape tested positive for cyanobacteria, which can kill dogs, and has. The pond we go to has tested negative on the 6th of July, but maybe something's changed. My DD does have sensitive skin, but until the town does another test we're going to stay away and head to another beach...Cape Cod is an island after all, so plenty to choose from. 😁

I grew up in New Mexico, so I can sympathize with you on how hot it is.

And they are closing Disney Shanghai. Carp!!! If they close WDW, I can get the credit for the flights. I'll be out the DVC dues money, which is a hard swallow. But, if we use 1 day of the APs and get cancelled, no money back on those. That may be more than I'm willing to gamble. DW wants to sleep on it, and try to get into Vero Beach Resort tomorrow. Ugh.

Hope they don't close the World.

The beach sounds great. We have beaches on our man made lakes 2 hours away, but that's not as fun as the ocean.

That's cool that you have that option, use it on hot weekends. My DD prefers the pond to the ocean.

Actually that is to keep the dog off of it. He kept peeing on it and killed one side.

You should electrify it. It'll be a shocking discovery for the dog.

So kind of like the Pirate Code?

Can you request parlay in the voting booth?

Sorry to hear it. I'm usually in bed by 10 PM. I hope it calms down. We got new renters across the street. No parties, but a lot of move in drama.
They have been quiet since their party, so perhaps it was more of a house warming thing.
I saw no sign of life for two days, they may have been hungover, but hopefully they aren't too bad.
They did have a couple friends on their deck last night, but they were pretty quiet.
I decided to have a fire in my backyard pit at the same time, so it was all good. I just turned up my music louder than theirs.

I just make rabbit and dumplings
Mmmm. Send me your address. Coming over for dinner.

Okay I’m in. Vote for me!
I'd vote for you, but there's still this little teensy weensy thing about being a citizen.

Pretty sure that's a her, but cool deal!

Morning boys.
Get to sleep in today! Yay!
Yay!

Wait. I’m up at 5:30am
No yay!

Stupid dogs.
Or stupid owners that have dogs. Same thing I say when mine wakes me up at 4:30. Fortunately, I normally get up at 5 anyway.

Once they’re fed I hope to go back to bed. We’ll see if I actually fall back asleep
Hoping for your sake Mr sleepless wonder.

my immediate supervisor had me look for work on the computer because there was nothing to do, "Soooo you want me to sit at the computer and goof off online all day? Why don't mind if I do!"
Are you sure they're not testing you or setting you up? As much as they've strung you along, it would be easy to say, well we didn't hire you because you surf the web too much.

They did have a couple friends on their deck last night, but they were pretty quiet.
I decided to have a fire in my backyard pit at the same time, so it was all good. I just turned up my music louder than theirs.
Oooh...stereo wars. I remember those when I lived in the dorm. DW made me get rid of my big, nice speakers, but the gear still works. Not bad for being 35+ years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter