DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon fellas. Only a couple of hours of conference calls today, so Good Morning Football is on the gogglebox and the Lady K has me designing a bespoke office cabinet that can flip over to a gaming station. It did make me smile, as while I was watching whilst working (ahem) the "Karen" Geico ad came up.

If you were taller (or got a step stool) you could be like Wilson and just see from the eyes up.
Sorry mate, no clue who that is.
Do we get to hear your ideas on these re-models, or are you just voting by omission?
As self appointed Head of Project Planning, I reserve the right of veto and do the sneaky PM trick of hiding scope creep up in the summary. Its amazing how much I get through in the first couple of paragraphs, because no one reads the opening guff. If you comb back through the scenarios, I put some stuff in there.
If there's anything in projects I don't like, I'll keep telling you I'm looking at it, then I'll tell you it's too late to go in. And even if it's not too late to go in, as you comb for suppliers who can do it in schedule, I'll then tell you you can't afford it. And then I'll tell you we are in design freeze.
I couldn't help but notice my laser guns and targets have been overlooked
It's a great suggestion Mark, the team are looking into incorporating it into our plans. We'll get back to you as soon as we hear back from our suppliers.
And then the A/C in the DW's car decided to die on us, as did one of the A/C units in the house (window A/C units).
Ouch. Nice call on the beach run though.
Yeah, but the wife has chosen not to get the A/C fixed in her car as she's going to swap it with her mother,
She's swapping her mum for a car? I knew they Dealerships were being flexible as they were struggling, but new wheels for a MIL sounds like a great deal. Kudos.
I've cut way back on my eating too. That's probably making more of a difference than the running. (Although that helps too.)
The eating is whole game. The general rule is 85% Nutrition, 15% Exertion. That's why you see overweight marathon runners.
So kind of like the Pirate Code?
I believe drinking Rum in the booth is frowned upon.
but the gear still works. Not bad for being 35+ years old.
#TWSS

So, as we extend the hoarding and scrim over Storybook circus and hope no-one notices it was ever there, we turn the old place where Big Top Souvenirs were for a stadium style seating for the parade, avoiding the extended track for 7DMT and the new longer Barnstormer, we wander over to Tommorowland. Any thoughts?

Afternoon fellas. Only a couple of hours of conference calls today, so Good Morning Football is on the gogglebox and the Lady K has me designing a bespoke office cabinet that can flip over to a gaming station. It did make me smile, as while I was watching whilst working (ahem) the "Karen" Geico ad came up.

I have one call to deal with this morning, talking about concussion awareness. It's a little hard on the head at times.

I will probably turn on this morning's MLS game from Wide World of Sports but without the volume because of the call. It has been interesting listening to the on-field mics during these matches. They are not censoring anything.

Have a good one all.

Forgot to quote it, but Wilson was the neighbor of Tim Taylor on a TV show called tool time. You only ever saw from his eyes up the entire series because of the fence.

Any thoughts?
In general none worth your time:lmao:, but yes...

Redo track for space mountain. It's gotten rough over the years. While at it, update some of the queue. Change buzz to have multi-colored lazers so at least you have a litlle better idea which dot is yours. Make the speedway cars electric and faster. Install mortars aimed at IASM and the person getting most damage gets (kinda like buzz) galactic destroyer of horrible music hero.

Are you sure they're not testing you or setting you up? As much as they've strung you along, it would be easy to say, well we didn't hire you because you surf the web too much.

In this case I don't think so because there was literally nothing to do here in the stockroom and barely enough work for the three guys in the warehouse, so I couldn't helped them if I wanted. Besides, he knows my work ethic, so he knows I'm willing to work my butt off when the time comes.

Ouch. Nice call on the beach run though.

:thumbsup2

She's swapping her mum for a car? I knew they Dealerships were being flexible as they were struggling, but new wheels for a MIL sounds like a great deal. Kudos.

Yeah, my DMiL got a new car and kept her old one, so my DW is swapping for the older car, which, although slightly older than my DW's, has a lot fewer miles on it.

Happy Groundhog Day Sick Day Tuesday. 3 days of tennis this week finds me sore this AM, but I've been playing well and don't want to stop.

I think it stops mattering after 110. It just means I have to switch to beer from Tequila when I get home.

Probably. But, tequila is a good idea either way.

Reason for closing Shanghai??

COVID.

It is nice, and we go there often. However, we're going to have to skip the pond for a while. My DD started breaking out last weekend after we came back from the pond. At first, I thought it was the beginning of Chicken Pox, but they don't itch, so off to the Dr.'s my wife goes. Turns out, some ponds on the Cape tested positive for cyanobacteria, which can kill dogs, and has. The pond we go to has tested negative on the 6th of July, but maybe something's changed. My DD does have sensitive skin, but until the town does another test we're going to stay away and head to another beach...Cape Cod is an island after all, so plenty to choose from. 😁

Not heard of that bacteria before, but know many people in KY with poison ivy reactions. Some burn it, which can cause airborne irritations.

They have been quiet since their party, so perhaps it was more of a house warming thing.
I saw no sign of life for two days, they may have been hungover, but hopefully they aren't too bad.

And somewhere, they are posting about your loud music.

I believe drinking Rum in the booth is frowned upon.

By who? I'm snitching to Karen and Cynthia about your lack of support for the pirate code.

Soooo you want me to sit at the computer and goof off online all day?
Not a bad gig when you can get it.
grew up in New Mexico, so I can sympathize with you on how hot it is.
I used to live farther west in Texas, I miss the low humidity. I grew up with 30-40% average humidity. Here in Austin it runs 70-80%.
ut there's still this little teensy weensy thing about being a citizen.
nah don't worry about that. They let Cruiz run and he was Canadian
Pretty sure that's a her,
I don't judge.
we wander over to Tommorowland. Any thoughts?
Get Tesla to sponsor the speedway and put in new cars.
but Wilson was the neighbor of Tim Taylo
I forget there are dad's too young to remember that show.

It did make me smile, as while I was watching whilst working (ahem) the "Karen" Geico ad came up.
Saw that last night too. :)
If there's anything in projects I don't like, I'll keep telling you I'm looking at it, then I'll tell you it's too late to go in. And even if it's not too late to go in, as you comb for suppliers who can do it in schedule, I'll then tell you you can't afford it. And then I'll tell you we are in design freeze.
It's a great suggestion Mark, the team are looking into incorporating it into our plans. We'll get back to you as soon as we hear back from our suppliers.
:lmao:
The eating is whole game. The general rule is 85% Nutrition, 15% Exertion. That's why you see overweight marathon runners.
Hadn't heard that! Okay, that makes sense why I wasn't losing anything while just running (and not dieting.)
Yes. But...
I have one call to deal with this morning, talking about concussion awareness. It's a little hard on the head at times.
:sad2:

Whoops! Just concussed that poor emoji.
It must be, but at least it will have some impact.
:thumbsup2
Forgot to quote it, but Wilson was the neighbor of Tim Taylor on a TV show called tool time. You only ever saw from his eyes up the entire series because of the fence.
And CBO beat me to it.
Tim Taylor was the name of the character played by Tim Allen. He played an inept handyman who had a show called Tool Time. The real show was called Home Improvement.
The best part of the show was the Tool Time Girl
First couple seasons it was a pre-Baywatch Pamela Anderson:

But the rest of the seasons (3-8) it was Debbe Dunning.

Redo track for space mountain. It's gotten rough over the years. While at it, update some of the queue. Change buzz to have multi-colored lazers so at least you have a litlle better idea which dot is yours.
... Pretty much word for word what I'd do too. And of course make the changes to Test Track we discussed earlier. Tesla's. Adaptive cruise control. Space 'em out so you can actually enjoy it.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much goin on around here other than shaking my head at the increasing cases. Our county had a big jump in reported yesterday that is 85% higher than any other day. City of Nashville has decided schools will be online for the fall. Have a webinar with DS college tomorrow about their return to campus this fall. Not sure about you guys but I've had enough of this thing. Stay Safe guys!
And they are closing Disney Shanghai. Carp!!! If they close WDW, I can get the credit for the flights. I'll be out the DVC dues money, which is a hard swallow. But, if we use 1 day of the APs and get cancelled, no money back on those. That may be more than I'm willing to gamble. DW wants to sleep on it, and try to get into Vero Beach Resort tomorrow. Ugh.
I KNEW THAT! :laughing:
What I meant was, are they having a spike due to the reopening? Or is there a spike that's forcing the closing, but is unrelated to the opening.
It's Hong Kong Disneyland FWIW. Part of Government prevention steps based on the entire area nothing tied to Disney. HK govm't owns a big chunk of the park so they basically issued the temporary closure from what I read.
So, as we extend the hoarding and scrim over Storybook circus and hope no-one notices it was ever there, we turn the old place where Big Top Souvenirs were for a stadium style seating for the parade, avoiding the extended track for 7DMT and the new longer Barnstormer, we wander over to Tommorowland. Any thoughts?

This area is kinda of a mess and could use a complete redo at some point like being done at EPCOT. Keep Tron & SM open and revamp the rest of the land. Since that ain't gonna happen any time soon...............
  1. Get rid of the stage and dance party stuff and replace with some outdoor seating to support Joffrey's
  2. Change Astro Orbiter to reflect futuristic vehicles
  3. Reduce size of building that Stitch is in to widen pathway
  4. COP = Change just the last scene to reflect far into the future
  5. With the rate of new tech and such making it hard to keep up - change the name to 1960's design history land

Good suggestions so far.

Speedway should go to a true go cart track, we need some passing.

Party Stage area is just dead space, the area could use a gift shop.

Update COP

Change the name of the land.

I see what you did there. Veteran project manager moves...

...including ignoring great ideas from your staff.

Well, there's my problem.

Our county had a big jump in reported yesterday that is 85% higher than any other day. City of Nashville has decided schools will be online for the fall. Have a webinar with DS college tomorrow about their return to campus this fall. Not sure about you guys but I've had enough of this thing.

Understatement of the year!

I'm getting close to having to make a decision on Alaska. Right now, I'd say I'm leaning against going. The problem is the things that are out of my control.

Redo track for space mountain. It's gotten rough over the years. While at it, update some of the queue. Change buzz to have multi-colored lazers so at least you have a litlle better idea which dot is yours. Make the speedway cars electric and faster.

Get Tesla to sponsor the speedway and put in new cars.

I like these ideas. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing SM get the Disneyland version--2-seater vehicles and the ability to get the Hyperspace Mountain overlay along with the smoother track.

Tesla electric vehicles would make a better/more futuristic-looking speedway. So would the ability to play bumper cars and/or pass people. Maybe we make it a true race, 5 cars at a time.

Buzz Lightyear is fine--maybe let the guns be handheld and a little easier to figure out which laser dot is yours.

Update CoP if you guys want to--at the risk of being shunned forever, I never go in there anyway.

For the theme, I might lean more into the TRON aesthetic. That still holds up pretty well as far as looking futuristic.

Biggest question is what to do with the Stitch area. Not a ton of room to work with there, so I would probably go for a simulator attraction. Something on par with the effects of Flight of Passage. But have the guests design their own transportation--something for exploring space or under the ocean or the next generation of high-speed flight between cities. Then they can test out their design by "flying" it. Kind of a combo of FoP, Test Track, and the old Horizons ride from Epcot.

That was the name of the show in the show, Home Improvement...
I've heard of that, never saw it though.
Get rid of the stage and dance party stuff and replace with some outdoor seating to support Joffrey's
I was gonna say, we haven't seen a bench suggestion in a couple of days. Gotta keep the Chief in Huggy Bear Cash Money....
...including ignoring great ideas from your staff.
No, no. We are totally looking at it.
(If it gets anywhere near going live, I'll email your boss to say you can have it, but only if (s)he gives up something they are really wedded to in order to afford it within project frames. That'll kill it for sure.)
Update CoP if you guys want to--at the risk of being shunned forever, I never go in there anyway.
I am reeling from this statement. This is me in my drawing room. That colour brings out my eyes.
I'm getting close to having to make a decision on Alaska. Right now, I'd say I'm leaning against going. The problem is the things that are out of my control.
I took a bit of a gamble on a trip in December yesterday. We'll see how it turns out. Hoping for the best for you buddy.

No, no. We are totally looking at it.
(If it gets anywhere near going live, I'll email your boss to say you can have it, but only if (s)he gives up something they are really wedded to in order to afford it within project frames. That'll kill it for sure.)

Or you can say it needs additional study. They're getting rid of the filibuster in Congress, but it works just fine for corporations.

I am reeling from this statement. This is me in my drawing room. That colour brings out my eyes.

And there was a sofa right there you could have fallen on.

Hey, this would be a boring exercise if we all liked the same things, right?

I took a bit of a gamble on a trip in December yesterday. We'll see how it turns out. Hoping for the best for you buddy.

I'd definitely be feeling more optimistic for you! But it's all good. We have our health. If we can't go on vacation right now, worse things have happened.

Tommorowland

Partner with Elon Musk.
Elon Musk Alert GIF by The Livery of GIFs | Gfycat

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much goin on around here other than shaking my head at the increasing cases. Our county had a big jump in reported yesterday that is 85% higher than any other day. City of Nashville has decided schools will be online for the fall. Have a webinar with DS college tomorrow about their return to campus this fall. Not sure about you guys but I've had enough of this thing. Stay Safe guys!

Nashville elementary schools closed? Wow!!! Our Governor has been locking everything down, and he's letting schools re-open with everyone wearing a mask. I think it's a bad plan. Since we could have continued schools with masks in May and didn't, what has changed now to justify re-opening? Since we aren't seeing a death rate increase and the overall death numbers are far lower than projected, I'm staying hopeful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter