DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning boys from an overcast London.
Took the kids in for an hour "Transition Time" where they met their new teachers. If I was a cynical guy (I know, form an orderly line to contradict that statement and tell me I am a ray of sunshine) I would say they just did it to get their end of year gifts. But as I said, I'm not that guy, I am sure it was to smoothly transition over the kids they haven't seen for over 3 months to the other teacher who won't see them for, er, another 3 months.

So, as we take a wander through Tomorrowland with its TRON fascia upgrades, we've had a cheeky go on the new smoother Space Mountain (with an occasional Hyperspace Mountain overlay). We've done Buzz Lightyear, where you can pick your own colour of beam to hit the new moving targets, and the 999,999 target is in a different place every ride. We've sat on CBO-Co's patented Disney benches (with inclusive Cup holders and a "Get off my lawn" switch), whilst supping down on a "Lost on Atari" just purchased in Tom Morrow's Cantina, a homage to the great Dawa in AK. This is nestled snugly next to the new gift shop, the People Mover Wallet Hoover.
Carousel of Progress has been updated to end in the 80s, with Uncle Orville moonwalking out in a sequinned jacket at Xmas when he's had one too many Jack Daniels and TABs.
Tesla have taken over the Speedway, with electric cars on magnetic tracks so you can switch lanes and overtake, and they also have taken the Astro Orbiter and converted it into a Space X branded rocket.
The TTA now has a bar before you get on, and if you purchase a beverage, you can do 3 laps of the attraction to finish your drink. It turns into a restaurant in the evening, where the cars slow way down, and as you pass through the embarkation point, they change your courses, with a little table in the middle.
Stitch, alas is no more. It was turned into a 3D simulator, "Captain Gantu's Chop Shop" where you design your own Commercial Space Vehicle, and you get to take customers on a test drive to the ISS, and they grade you on the Vehicle's commercial appeal. There is also the possibility you design it wrong and you crash hideously off the coast of Hawaii.
So, we've left Tomorrowland, utilised the wider pathways to the left and right of the Castle, and now we are in Liberty Sq. How much of the Shareholder's dough can we sink here?

Have a great day guys

Last edited:
Morning, Gents! Things are going well this week. In fact, things are going really well this week. I didn't want to say this until it was over because I didn't want to jinx it, but something else has come up, so no matter what happens I'll be good. So what I'm getting at is, I applied to a Real Estate Paralegal job, entry level, on Sunday afternoon, and by Monday afternoon I had scheduled an interview for today at 3:30 eastern time. I don't have any real estate experience, but I do have lots of litigation experience, so I'm sure that's why I got called in for an interview. Now, I've been doing research on the position and what all it entails, or trying, so I'm hoping that if I can mention that I've been researching the position it'll make me look even better. Now the flip side, I've been offered a position at my current job...and that's good. So it's nice to have options, even though one is just an interview. Actually, I think knowing that I have a job will make me less nervous for the interview. My boss has been pretty cool about this whole thing. I felt compelled to tell him I had an interview today, and he understood and was pretty cool about it. As much as I've complained about him, he is a cool dude. He went to HR and didn't get me what I was asking, but got close, and I mean within a 1$, so that's pretty cool. He even said that he knows that this isn't something I want to do for the rest of my life, and that something else will come along, but that I give him at least a year before trying to find something better. I thought that was pretty cool. Well, gotta run, gents, have a good day.

TTFN

PS: Send me good thoughts at around 3:30! Thanks!

Morning all. Normally, I'd be excited about the single digit dance. I'm ready to go to WDW, fully expecting this could be the best trip ever with an empty park or worse trip as they close the day we arrive and we lose all the $. The virus really hasn't impacted my thinking as I know a few who have caught it traveling, some caught it never leaving the house, and others got in from their daily routine. Thankfully, all are still alive and only one went to the hospital. DW is more concerned that wearing a mask for lengthy period will trigger her asthma. So, we debate going, changing to Vero, and just cancelling.

Morning, Gents! Things are going well this week. In fact, things are going really well this week. I didn't want to say this until it was over because I didn't want to jinx it, but something else has come up, so no matter what happens I'll be good. So what I'm getting at is, I applied to a Real Estate Paralegal job, entry level, on Sunday afternoon, and by Monday afternoon I had scheduled an interview for today at 3:30 eastern time. I don't have any real estate experience, but I do have lots of litigation experience, so I'm sure that's why I got called in for an interview. Now, I've been doing research on the position and what all it entails, or trying, so I'm hoping that if I can mention that I've been researching the position it'll make me look even better. Now the flip side, I've been offered a position at my current job...and that's good. So it's nice to have options, even though one is just an interview. Actually, I think knowing that I have a job will make me less nervous for the interview. My boss has been pretty cool about this whole thing. I felt compelled to tell him I had an interview today, and he understood and was pretty cool about it. As much as I've complained about him, he is a cool dude. He went to HR and didn't get me what I was asking, but got close, and I mean within a 1$, so that's pretty cool. He even said that he knows that this isn't something I want to do for the rest of my life, and that something else will come along, but that I give him at least a year before trying to find something better. I thought that was pretty cool. Well, gotta run, gents, have a good day.

TTFN

That is good news. Good luck on the interview today.

Congrats dude. I'll pray...better than good thoughts. IMHO

Within $1? Basically that's due to accounting. They will take your requested salary and divide by the number of pay periods (normally 24 or 26) and then drop anything past the 2nd decimal.
For example only:
Request $10,000 per year.
26 pay periods
Comes out to 384.61 (vs 384.62 if they rounded) per pay period which equals 9999.86.
Only a few pennys difference, but for the company, a few pennys for every employee can add up.
Magnify that by 20K, 30K, 40K, etc and it really adds up.

So...depending on how the interview goes, you'll have to decide...job, potential for promotion, pay, benefits, commute and then decide the best option.

If you decide to commit to give him a year, find out what you need to do to help him get promoted so you can get his job. Not trying to take his job, per se, but helping each other advance.

Was telling Norm last night. Thinking about calling member services and requesting a cancellation/refund on my APs.

The WHOLE point of having the platinum AP was no blackout dates and being able to go any time...even at the drop of the hat.

Problem is, with this new system and almost no availabilty unless you're staying at a resort, essentially a crap ton of blackout dates now.

May not be able to make DDCC this year for exactly that reason/issue/problem.

>:(

Morning folks.
A day off for me. Just once I'd like to sleep in, but either I can't sleep, or on the day that I'm able to, my youngest (who's getting ready for work) makes as much noise as an overloaded 747 on takeoff on a cold morning.

I would say they just did it to get their end of year gifts.
:rolleyes:
I am sure it was to smoothly transition over the kids they haven't seen for over 3 months to the other teacher who won't see them for, er, another 3 months.
Oh, definitely. I mean they always say that kids aren't resilient...
the People Mover Wallet Hoover
:laughing:
they also have taken the Astro Orbiter and converted it into a Space X branded rocket.
Whoa! Smart!
The TTA now has a bar before you get on, and if you purchase a beverage, you can do 3 laps of the attraction to finish your drink. It turns into a restaurant in the evening, where the cars slow way down, and as you pass through the embarkation point, they change your courses, with a little table in the middle.
I'd pay for this.
There is also the possibility you design it wrong and you crash hideously off the coast of Hawaii.
:lmao:
So, we've left Tomorrowland, utilised the wider pathways to the left and right of the Castle, and now we are in Liberty Sq. How much of the Shareholder's dough can we sink here?
Hmmm... That's a tough one. I kinda like Liberty Square the way it is... hmmm...

Update the Hall of Presidents from both sides. From the attraction side, have all the former presidents flipping the bird to the current president. This may not have to be continued after the current term. Ahem. On the other side, replace all the seats with recliners since most only go in there for a nap anyways.
Bring back a dance act with comedy to Diamond Horseshoe. Or do some kind of act/animatronic/movie/something. I mean the stage is still there. Use it.
Bring back the photo op at Memento Mori. It was so cool and I'm super glad my DDs and I got it done before it got axed. In fact, expand that shop and bring more cool HM stuff in.
Don't even think about touching HM... or the Liberty Belle, either.

That all sounds good. Good luck with the interview.
DW is more concerned that wearing a mask for lengthy period will trigger her asthma. So, we debate going, changing to Vero, and just cancelling.
Tough call. I'm sure you'll do what you're most comfortable with.

Was telling Norm last night. Thinking about calling member services and requesting a cancellation/refund on my APs.

The WHOLE point of having the platinum AP was no blackout dates and being able to go any time...even at the drop of the hat.

Problem is, with this new system and almost no availabilty unless you're staying at a resort, essentially a crap ton of blackout dates now.

I should call about my AP. It was originally supposed to expire in April, but it got extended. Except I can't get to the park even if I wanted to. Not sure if that counts or not.

If I was a cynical guy (I know, form an orderly line to contradict that statement and tell me I am a ray of sunshine)

Can't find the line. It's somewhere around here, I'm sure.

This is nestled snugly next to the new gift shop, the People Mover Wallet Hoover.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Carousel of Progress has been updated to end in the 80s, with Uncle Orville moonwalking out in a sequinned jacket at Xmas when he's had one too many Jack Daniels and TABs.

I thought you were trying to convince me to see this.

There is also the possibility you design it wrong and you crash hideously off the coast of Hawaii.

All part of the fun!

Now the flip side, I've been offered a position at my current job...and that's good. So it's nice to have options, even though one is just an interview.

Good news on many fronts! Good luck with the interview.

Normally, I'd be excited about the single digit dance. I'm ready to go to WDW, fully expecting this could be the best trip ever with an empty park or worse trip as they close the day we arrive and we lose all the $. The virus really hasn't impacted my thinking as I know a few who have caught it traveling, some caught it never leaving the house, and others got in from their daily routine. Thankfully, all are still alive and only one went to the hospital. DW is more concerned that wearing a mask for lengthy period will trigger her asthma. So, we debate going, changing to Vero, and just cancelling.

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. Alaska has testing requirements to enter, and I think my biggest fear is flying all the way there and then being forced to sit in a hotel room for a week because the lab is slow with the results.

Bleh. I can certainly understand the frustration!

A day off for me. Just once I'd like to sleep in, but either I can't sleep, or on the day that I'm able to, my youngest (who's getting ready for work) makes as much noise as an overloaded 747 on takeoff on a cold morning.

Why did we have kids again?

Update the Hall of Presidents from both sides. From the attraction side, have all the former presidents flipping the bird to the current president. This may not have to be continued after the current term. Ahem. On the other side, replace all the seats with recliners since most only go in there for a nap anyways.
Bring back a dance act with comedy to Diamond Horseshoe. Or do some kind of act/animatronic/movie/something. I mean the stage is still there. Use it.
Bring back the photo op at Memento Mori. It was so cool and I'm super glad my DDs and I got it done before it got axed. In fact, expand that shop and bring more cool HM stuff in.
Don't even think about touching HM... or the Liberty Belle, either.

I'm going to second @pkondz 's thoughts here. That's pretty thorough. Had to laugh at the Hall of Presidents line.

Only thing I would add here is to make the Liberty Belle a nighttime attraction--have the ghosts from the Haunted Mansion take over, add effects/projections around Tom Sawyer's Island as it goes.

Why did we have kids again?
To help out around the house with chores. I'm hoping this happens before they move out.
Only thing I would add here is to make the Liberty Belle a nighttime attraction--have the ghosts from the Haunted Mansion take over, add effects/projections around Tom Sawyer's Island as it goes.
:eek: Holy crap!!! What a fantastic idea! Seriously! :worship:

We are tracking it to Friday, and then making a final decision. But, we may have to move flights also. Vero is probably not going to be an option, unless we choose to drive and do flight credits.

Tough call. I'm sure you'll do what you're most comfortable with.

Not really. I'm good to go to the parks. DW is still not sure.

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. Alaska has testing requirements to enter, and I think my biggest fear is flying all the way there and then being forced to sit in a hotel room for a week because the lab is slow with the results.

And, that unknown still weighs on my mind as well. When I get my temp checked at the tennis club, I'm all over the place. Saturday, it was 92 degrees. I have a thermometer at home and I know I'm not that low. What happens if a temp check is wrong at WDW? Am I quarantined the whole time? For 14 days? Are we allowed to fly home?

Afternoon All.

Nice day here but I'm stuck inside and on our anniversary to boot. Had one meeting rescheduled so that a plus. We've been car shopping for the last couple of days. Hoping to find something within the next day or two. We looked at a use dJeep Cherokee Trailhawk yesterday but adding some warranty to it will put us just over what we wanted to spend. Going to check out a Nissan Rogue and a VW Tiguan as well. Maybe some hesitation will get the Jeep guy to make a better offer.

Have a great hump day!

Good luck!

...or a Dawa 2...
Nope not in MK Chief!
We are tracking it to Friday, and then making a final decision. But, we may have to move flights also. Vero is probably not going to be an option, unless we choose to drive and do flight credits.
Not really. I'm good to go to the parks. DW is still not sure.
Good luck in your decision process - I knowthis isn't easy. Just to make sure you are aware, they have set up mask free zones in the parks for folks to be able to sit and relax without a mask.
Afternoon All.

Nice day here but I'm stuck inside and on our anniversary to boot. Had one meeting rescheduled so that a plus. We've been car shopping for the last couple of days. Hoping to find something within the next day or two. We looked at a use dJeep Cherokee Trailhawk yesterday but adding some warranty to it will put us just over what we wanted to spend. Going to check out a Nissan Rogue and a VW Tiguan as well. Maybe some hesitation will get the Jeep guy to make a better offer.
Good luck with the car shopping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter