DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sooo....how's everyone day going? hahahaha I'm actually having a good day, just annoyed at a new boss who wants to impress everyone.
I've got a snivelling oik from Procurement sticking his nose in my biz, if that makes you feel better. I emailed him last night and asked for his detailed plan on who we should use, why and I'll take to the VP of retail, as this is who I answer to. Funny enough, he's gone quiet.
I got my first quote back from a contractor (who the procurement guy recommended) which is double what I would expect to pay. I told them thanks but no thanks and amazingly, the price dropped by 35% straight away. Then I told them I was definitely not using them, as they've just tried to pick my pocket. I've had 4 calls from their MD in the last 2 hours. I just keep clicking them off. I'll let them steam for a couple o days.
This is the fun that makes the day go quicker.

I think they start their entry level machines at the middle of the Gaggia price range, They look the nuts and you get sold on the whole Swiss/German craftsmanship, but its BS. I pulled it apart to repair it at least 3 times and its a standard machine.
Yeah that’s not so great. :sad2:
Why are new bosses so annoying?
It’s in their nature. Sucks, but... not much you can do but ride it out.

I've got a snivelling oik from Procurement sticking his nose in my biz, if that makes you feel better. I emailed him last night and asked for his detailed plan on who we should use, why and I'll take to the VP of retail, as this is who I answer to. Funny enough, he's gone quiet.
I got my first quote back from a contractor (who the procurement guy recommended) which is double what I would expect to pay. I told them thanks but no thanks and amazingly, the price dropped by 35% straight away. Then I told them I was definitely not using them, as they've just tried to pick my pocket. I've had 4 calls from their MD in the last 2 hours. I just keep clicking them off. I'll let them steam for a couple o days.
:lmao: well done!

Morning all. Been a productive morning at job #1, home for lunch & laundry, and on to job #2.

I actually like the first one better. Although she might be the booby prize, she looks older and reminds me of a mom of one of the teens at church, so kinda ruins it for me.

Sounds like a great way to increase membership. :lmao:

That's an interesting take, that press pot is less sophisticated than an espresso. I would have gone the other way.

Really? Press pot is add coffee, boil water, pour in pot, wait 5 min, and press. That is easy and unsophisticated, just like me.

It's more that I have curbing my addiction by using inferior offerings, a bit like drinking methylated spirits last time I ran out of bourbon. And yet I still won't touch Pepsi

There's no reason to touch Pepsi, unless it drips directly off Jasmine.

A gravity defying coffee maker?

Image result for disneyfed and the camel

That's one from the archives.

Good Disney Day Yesterday.
Hit everything in TS-Land, Stand-by for Smugglers Run in under 40 min (and we were the pilots), walked onto Star Tours and got both the mythical Vader Scene and the one where you run over Jar Jar, Lunch around the World at the F&W...

and these slightly pleasing highlights:

At the Cava...

View attachment 453727

Tipsy Ducks...

View attachment 453728

A stop by the Crew's Cup...

View attachment 453729

Dinner at the Hacienda....

View attachment 453730

It was a good day.

Good runs on Star Tours and alcohol make it for a great day.

OH! My! God! Why are new bosses so annoying?! I get it, he wants to make a good impression, but I was brought on to do a very specific job: E&O, Excess and Obsolete. When I wasn't working on my project, I could be used to do other things. Fine. I'll work in other areas, it makes me indispensable. On Tuesday I received an email from the director of operations with the next part of my project, to be completed by this Friday the 22nd. I wasn't able to start it immediately because I had been filling in for someone's vacation in the warehouse. Not a problem, I have the rest of the week to finish. So today I started working on organizing the spreadsheet to make it easier for me to read what I need and get the info I need for when I do start it. When I told my boss what I was doing, when he asked, he said to me, "You're spending too much time on this." Really?! So you want me to come in tomorrow at 6 am to start the project and spend more time on it because I didn't organize it up front? Ok, fine. I'll come in at 6 am and spend the time to organize it when I could have done it yesterday (today) when it was slow. Gahahahahahahahahah I HATE NEW BOSSES. Oh, and because I'm a temp, and the new guy, I can never really sit down and relax for a minute or two when things slow down. If there's no work in one department, they send me to another department and vise versa. And if there's no work, they find something for me to do. Now, I don't mind the work, and don't mind working, especially when it's different from moment to moment because it makes the day go by, but seriously! You can see that I'm a pluffy guy that needs to sit and rest from time to time. *breaths deep* Ok, thanks for the rant.

Sooo....how's everyone day going? hahahaha I'm actually having a good day, just annoyed at a new boss who wants to impress everyone.

At my job #1, I got lots of bosses. I send email to 3 or 4 people for most any request. I guess they have to spend money somewhere, as long as it's not on me.

Well played, sir. Well played

It’s in their nature. Sucks, but... not much you can do but ride it out.

I guess it is, but it's annoying. And again, I get it, he wants to make a good impression, but seriously.

At my job #1, I got lots of bosses. I send email to 3 or 4 people for most any request. I guess they have to spend money somewhere, as long as it's not on me.

Because God forbid they spent it on a raise or two.

Really? Press pot is add coffee, boil water, pour in pot, wait 5 min, and press. That is easy and unsophisticated, just like me.
And espresso is put coffee in tamper, draw water, drink. Press pots are viewed as relatively posh over here, especially after dinner. Instant gets you taken out the back and introduced to the rubber hose. Or it should do.

And my day just keeps getting better. Helped the guys in the warehouse move 4 large crates (8' tall x 5' wide x 6' long) into a semi truck. I moved the first one in heading straight to the front of the trailer (putting as much weight on the drive wheels as possible). Well, the driver said, "In the middle." Ok, so I got to the middle of the trailer and dropped the crate. He said, "NO! In the middle all the way forward! Man, you are a bad driver, don't know what you are doing." I looked at him and said, "Dude, you really wanna ago there? You said "In the middle." you did not specify what middle you were referring to." I wasn't mad at all, just thought it was funny. That made my afternoon. I needed a good laugh. I'm still getting a chuckle over it.

Morning, Dads! Hope everyone has a great day. It'll be interesting to see what today brings for me. The lead in my area is on vacation, and I suspect my boss won't leave me alone...but we'll see what happens. Well, have a good day everyone.

Last edited:
Morning O Captains, My Captains. Still colder than Elsa's nips over here.

The lead in my area is on vacation, and I suspect my boss won't leave me alone...but we'll see what happens. Well, have a good day everyone.
I think its takes time to build up the confidence to be a good manager, to let go and just trust people. I think his bothering you is more a reflection of him not having confidence in himself to answer to his upward chain, and feels like he has to cover everything himself, and be "everywhere, all the time", particularly in an operational role. I know it took me a good couple of years to break the habit, and I still have to check myself before falling into it.
Good luck today, or failing that, pee in the coffee pot and offer him one.

Have a magical day y'all.

Morning O Captains, My Captains. Still colder than Elsa's nips over here.

I think its takes time to build up the confidence to be a good manager, to let go and just trust people. I think his bothering you is more a reflection of him not having confidence in himself to answer to his upward chain, and feels like he has to cover everything himself, and be "everywhere, all the time", particularly in an operational role. I know it took me a good couple of years to break the habit, and I still have to check myself before falling into it.

Have a magical day y'all.

Londontime, I'm sure that's it. The last boss of the department, whom I knew, and worked under, for two weeks, was amazing. He trusted people to get things done, and I'm sure this guy will too...it'll just take time.

This is true. You feel a lot of pressure when you're held responsible for a group of people. It's sometimes counter-intuitive to give your people trust and the ability to make decisions, knowing that ultimately you will be held accountable for their actions. But that's what they want! And if they have experience and knowledge, why wouldn't you give that freedom? Most of the time your people know more than you do.

But don't pee in the coffee. You'll just have to clean it later.

Morning gents.
Trying to take it easy today a bit since I threw my back out yesterday. Not as bad as I've done it before, but the morning was very rough.
Always a joy to have to pee and you can't walk... :sad2:
And my day just keeps getting better. Helped the guys in the warehouse move 4 large crates (8' tall x 5' wide x 6' long) into a semi truck. I moved the first one in heading straight to the front of the trailer (putting as much weight on the drive wheels as possible). Well, the driver said, "In the middle." Ok, so I got to the middle of the trailer and dropped the crate. He said, "NO! In the middle all the way forward! Man, you are a bad driver, don't know what you are doing." I looked at him and said, "Dude, you really wanna ago there? You said "In the middle." you did not specify what middle you were referring to." I wasn't mad at all, just thought it was funny. That made my afternoon. I needed a good laugh. I'm still getting a chuckle over it.
Glad you can laugh about it. I think I'd be pretty ticked...
Morning, Dads! Hope everyone has a great day.
See above.
Still colder than Elsa's nips over here.
That's hard news, man.
That’s where Ice Cream comes from.
:laughing:
If her nips are cold that means something else could be as well and that would be scary. :eek:
Frozen two?

Strangely turned on right now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter