DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I use the Camp Chef pellet grill. I think I found it on a discount on Black Friday, but it runs a little cheaper than the Traegers. Been very happy with it, too. The pellet smokers really make it easy. I get pellets from Walmart, they seem to run cheapest there.

Camp Chef pellet grill
Not sure which one that is, I found a similar model here:
Camp Chef PG24XT Smoke Pro Pellet Grill and Smoker BBQ with Digital Controls and Stainless Temp Probe, Black : Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden
But at over $1,100, that's way more than I want to spend on a BBQ that will only see limited use. (The Weber vertical is $449)
Now, just got to be careful on this Friday the 13. Trying to avoid my wife's evil black cat.
I was so sure you were gonna say "Trying to avoid my wife's evil eye."
There's no avoiding that.

None.

Morning, Gents! Had another day where I started at one location and ended it at another. Yep, my manager, who hasn't scheduled floats in a while messed up again. I was told to go to Cardio, but once I got there I was told to go back to podiatry. I didn't mind it because I was the only one at the office, so it was nice having a quiet day.

Morning gents.
Two midnights have messed me up. Not a great sleep last night and up far earlier than I wanted. Ah well. Maybe tonight will be better.

Ooops, forgot to comment. I have a problem with forcing people to alternate shifts so that everyone gets to work the 3rd shift. That really messes up people's sleep patterns.

They put their foot in their mouth, but their heart was in the right place.

:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

The week is ending better than it began. Work has finally gotten under control and things are going smoothly. Now, just got to be careful on this Friday the 13. Trying to avoid my wife's evil black cat. I know, a nice long afternoon nap will help me avoid him. ::yes::

Life is always better with a nap. :thumbsup2

Evening All,

Home from another camping trip, this time on Grand Manan Island. It was a bit damp and foggy until this morning but still a pretty good trip. Haven't gone through all my shots yet but thought I would throw up few as a sit here eating some dulse and drinking a beer.

View attachment 597006

View attachment 597007

View attachment 597008

View attachment 597009

View attachment 597010

View attachment 597011

Beautiful area. Glad you had a good time.

Last edited:
Wow! Stunning!
Beautiful shot.

Morning guys from a soggy but beautiful Scotland. We are now in the Highlands, having a down day. Halfway through the tour. Jungle cruise at 2 and then a steakhouse for dinner.

I don't really know Jim, but as others have said, positive vibes for the best outcome there can be, which I guess is limited suffering.

Can you tell me why?
I already know to steer away from Cuisinart because it leaks like a sieve. Weber looks like the one to get (in that style at least).
I don't want to spend $$$ for a Traeger since it won't get used enough. This one seems like a fairly good compromise.
I have a Pro q excel, which is similar to the weber sm. I've had it 10 years and loved it, so much so that the Lady K said I should upgrade to a 1500 quid offset as we use it so much, and I couldn't justify the upgrade, and I love my outdoor cooks.
I don't use water in the pan, I put a brick wrapped in foil which turns out a much better result, as does sand, as water suppresses the temp a little too much.
I get about 8 hours out of a briquette snake which is more than enough for me to put it on overnight, sleep and then reset the coals first thing. Put chunks of wood along the snake and bobs ya uncle, Charlie's ya aunt. Smokealiciousness.They also carry about 30lbs of food in 2 Chambers.
They are also great at doubling up for grills and outside ovens.

Hope everyone is OK, be good, careful, or lucky.

Morning guys from a soggy but beautiful Scotland. We are now in the Highlands, having a down day. Halfway through the tour
Enjoy the rest of the tour!
I have a Pro q excel, which is similar to the weber sm. I've had it 10 years and loved it, so much so that the Lady K said I should upgrade to a 1500 quid offset as we use it so much, and I couldn't justify the upgrade, and I love my outdoor cooks.
I don't use water in the pan, I put a brick wrapped in foil which turns out a much better result, as does sand, as water suppresses the temp a little too much.
I get about 8 hours out of a briquette snake which is more than enough for me to put it on overnight, sleep and then reset the coals first thing. Put chunks of wood along the snake and bobs ya uncle, Charlie's ya aunt. Smokealiciousness.They also carry about 30lbs of food in 2 Chambers.
They are also great at doubling up for grills and outside ovens.
Thanks a lot! Was hoping someone here had some experience with one. :)

Thanks. We were at that lighthouse about 2 hours before that shot and saw a couple of Minke whales just off the point. Saw them again as the ferry sailed past as well as some harbour seals and porpoises.
Huh! Never seen Minkes. How common are they there?

Morning all. A double header qualifier for mixed doubles today. Won't be all that challenging of tennis, but two back to back matches still presents a challenge.

No progress on the house, and obfuscating the truth doesn't count as breech of contract. So, we have to wait and play their game. Once they delay to a certain point, then there is recourse. Sadly, we have to wait and keep turning down offers on our house, or the buyer has to agree to close on our house but let us keep possession indefinitely until we can close on the new house.

I guess there's a chance the house journey meanders into December, and we have to close/ move/ whatever while we are on vacation? Just can't be easy.

What's up, Fellas? Well I had a busy day yesterday. Here's what happened: I was supposed to be at a primary care office. However, I got an email from my manager Tuesday telling me that I had to go to pediatrics instead. So I went to pediatrics. Once at pediatrics, I got a call from my manager saying that she messed up and forgot that I was supposed to open the other office. So, into the car I went and headed over to the primary care office to open the office and check patients in until other people got into the office. Once everyone was there, I jumped back into my car and headed back to pediatrics where I spent the majority of the day. Then at 3:45 I hopped back in my car and had to head back over to the primary care office because there's no one there from 4pm to 5pm and someone had to be there to check-out the last of the patients and close the office. Pediatrics at least had one person at the front desk to check people out and answer phones. While pediatrics only had one provider and 18 patients, the phones wouldn't stop ringing. Everyone was trying to get their child's immunization and other pertinent records to their child's school, so the phones wouldn't stop ringing. Oh, and, "I need to schedule a physical for my child before school starts." Me: "I'm sorry, but we're booking into October and November for physicals." Parent: "But my child needs to have a physical before she can go back to school?" Me: "Then you should have booked the physical 6 months ago." It's not like school sneaks up on you. You know it happens and they're going to need a physical.....so GET ONE EARLY! I just have to laugh at the whole thing. Well, guys, I'm outta here. Have a good day.

TTFN

(CCT walks into the room) "Hey pkondz, how's it goin.....ohhhhhh, it looks like I stepped in some sarcasm. I'll just step over to the side and clean my shoe off." (Tip toes over to the corner of the room while trying to avoid the sarcasm spreading on the floor) :teeth: You're a good man for working the graveyard shift.

I'd love to see some of those photos.

Have fun.

:lmao:

Oh definitely.

:lmao:

A lot like the smell from the bathroom after eating Taco Bell.

Continued prayers.

Sounds like you're doing quite well. And that's awesome about the job offer, even if you can't take it that's pretty cool. That shows how good of a job you're doing and people see that. Congrats.

It is expensive and I'm not sure how often we'll go down, but it won't be every year that's for sure. And let's not even talk about the possibility of the pay for fast pass thing.

Yes it does. I love what I do, and if I can help calm someone down then it's been a good day.

Watch out for the Karens. Lots of moms in pediatrics who are never wrong, and no, school doesn't start the same time every year. :lmao:

Point taken.
I'll be more precise going forward.

Interesting...

What component or process makes it "smoked"?
(and while I'm assuming it's not directly related in someway to Randal's Disney Bong, ya' just never know.)

As I was saying the other day, "Yet...".
They may not own everything yet, but...

give it time.

Just trying to myself to make sure the brain was working. With the new grandbaby, I've decided on "pappy" in honor of the bourbon. Got to start teaching the grandkids the important things first.

Day 2 over 100 degrees and I'm melting. 2 more days to go before it cools down. Plus, the wind shifted and the smoke from the wildfires has settled in. As a fair weather Oregonian, I don't do heat... or cold... or humidity. Rain is no problem (and yes, umbrellas are for wimps). Not many of us have A/C, so we all flock to the malls or theaters. Already saw Jungle Cruise though, so no need to go to the theater.

One good thing about the extra heat is my tomatoes are ripening. Lots of tasty cherry tomatoes. I just wash them and eat 'em like candy. Yum.

Fresh tomatoes are delicious. We try saving them for the winter, but not just the same.

Morning, Gents! Had another day where I started at one location and ended it at another. Yep, my manager, who hasn't scheduled floats in a while messed up again. I was told to go to Cardio, but once I got there I was told to go back to podiatry. I didn't mind it because I was the only one at the office, so it was nice having a quiet day.

Ooops, forgot to comment. I have a problem with forcing people to alternate shifts so that everyone gets to work the 3rd shift. That really messes up people's sleep patterns.

:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

Life is always better with a nap. :thumbsup2

Beautiful area. Glad you had a good time.

Do you have a lot of variance where you cover? I still have the same work on most floors, but set-up O2 more often on pulmonary floor, cancer treatment ambulance runs on oncology, etc. Or, is scheduling just scheduling? I've found the managers on the different floors make a huge difference.

Huh! Never seen Minkes. How common are they there?

The are fairly common and the type you are most likely to see in these parts. I've never seen any of the big breaches that you see with humpbacks. When I've seen they really just arch and roll so they can be hard to see as they don't stay out of the water for very long.

Oh, and, "I need to schedule a physical for my child before school starts.
Just curious. Is that a COVID thing or an every year thing?
It’s not required around here.

While it might be more... interesting, was thinking of this one:

Interesting you should bring this up.
I recently acquired one. Long story short, DW’s cousin got divorced and came into possession of a smoker that had never been used, she gave it to me. It’s a Brinkmann (similar to below link, just an older model I think), but it’s sitting in my garage. I have no idea where to even start. The results seem great, but I’m not sure I have the patience to dedicate 8 or 10 hours to my meat. It’s usually a much shorter process. 😄
Ok but seriously, I have this thing sitting in my garage, just not sure what to do with it. Anyone have any very beginner suggestions or tips?

https://www.amazon.com/brinkmann-852-7080-7-gourmet-charcoal-smoker/dp/b000hvce24
Morning guys from a soggy but beautiful Scotland. We are now in the Highlands, having a down day.
Are your travels taking you to Aberdeen at all?
I do miss bonnie Scotland. If you have any pics to share it would be nice to see. I saw a couple things you had on FB

Copied from Facebook;

“Good afternoon brothers. This post comes with sad news. Jim Locke passed peacefully this morning at 9:30am with his brother at his side. Jim was an amazing person, father, husband, and just as importantly our friend.

Jim leaves behind his wife Leslie, son Evan, and daughter Alexandra. Jim was a pillar in his communtiy when it came to youth and adult team sports.

Jim was last at DDCC IN 2019 with Evan and was always supportive of our groups mission of spreading the magic and cheer in every way.

Please keep Jims family in your prayers as they navigate this difficult time in their lives.

We love you brother!”

Page One Updated!

0B95825F-722A-4166-BBF7-6194FC6B88CF.png

Copied from Facebook;

“Good afternoon brothers. This post comes with sad news. Jim Locke passed peacefully this morning at 9:30am with his brother at his side. Jim was an amazing person, father, husband, and just as importantly our friend.

Jim leaves behind his wife Leslie, son Evan, and daughter Alexandra. Jim was a pillar in his communtiy when it came to youth and adult team sports.

Jim was last at DDCC IN 2019 with Evan and was always supportive of our groups mission of spreading the magic and cheer in every way.

Please keep Jims family in your prayers as they navigate this difficult time in their lives.

We love you brother!”

Page One Updated!

View attachment 597391
Prayers for his family and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter