DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Just checking in. Last day of freedom before heading back to work for a 2 week hitch.
It’s been a somewhat busy time off trying to get a head start on Christmas decorating. Most of my outside lights are up (although I won’t flip the switch until Dec. 1st) and the inside decorating is done. Tree is up and it’s the first year with our cat we got in January. He hasn’t tried to climb the tree…yet…but he likes to chew on the lower branches. The tree skirt is a write off since he just crawls in under and bunches it into a ball. It’s going to be an interesting couple months.

Good news...my son failed his COVID test. Crisis averted.

It’s been a somewhat busy time off trying to get a head start on Christmas decorating. Most of my outside lights are up (although I won’t flip the switch until Dec. 1st) and the inside decorating is done. Tree is up and it’s the first year with our cat we got in January. He hasn’t tried to climb the tree…yet…but he likes to chew on the lower branches. The tree skirt is a write off since he just crawls in under and bunches it into a ball. It’s going to be an interesting couple months.

Sounds like a busy season! Do you ever feed your cat?

Just checking in. Last day of freedom before heading back to work for a 2 week hitch.
Ah yes, the joys of cats and Christmas. Haven't done it in decades, but remember it well.
Good news...my son failed his COVID test. Crisis averted.
Great!

Hey, Gents! Hope all is well. Had a good day yesterday at work, busy but good. Today's going to be even busier so I'm ready for that. The good thing about a really busy day is that it makes the day go by quickly, and a possibly stressful day, but a quick day. Question for everyone: Has anyone seen Air Goofy (Norm? Is that his name?)? Haven't seen him in here in a while.

Well, gents, have to head off to grab breakfast. See ya.

Morning folks.
About 45 minutes to go then it's time for Dan to call it.
Been a long night. We have a new procedure that's time intensive... so less down time.

Lucky.

I sold that open slot for a lot of money. Buahahahahahahaha :rotfl:

That snow blower is looking better and better...

Yes, they do start looking good after a certain point, don't they? :laughing: We have one but haven't had the need to use the last two years. I can't tell you the last time I even started it. I'll have to do some prep work on before the winter to make sure it starts this year because I have a feeling that we're going to get a bad winter.

Whoa! Been a bit since coming around here. Way too much to catch up so hoping all are healthy and things are generally good for everyone. Starting to get ready for the Holidays and the multiple short work weeks that are coming up as I really need a break from the workplace. Stay safe out there and cheers gents!

BUDAMACDVR!!!!! What's up, man? Glad to see you back....even if it's just to drop a line to say hey.

The good thing about a really busy day is that it makes the day go by quickly, and a possibly stressful day, but a quick day.
::yes::
Question for everyone: Has anyone seen Air Goofy
Now that you mention it... his last post on the DIS was Sep 13.
I sold that open slot for a lot of money. Buahahahahahahaha :rotfl:
:laughing:
Yes, they do start looking good after a certain point, don't they?
Unfortunately. Less so in the summer, though.
We have one but haven't had the need to use the last two years. I can't tell you the last time I even started it. I'll have to do some prep work on before the winter to make sure it starts this year because I have a feeling that we're going to get a bad winter.
Really could have used it last week. My back and shoulders were sore for 2 days.

Morning, Gents! Finally on the downhill slide to the weekend. Had a very busy day yesterday, and I liked it. I don't mind being slow sometimes, but prefer to be busy. I'm now off to the hospital today to work in an office, so I may splurge and get lunch at the cafeteria. Well, guys, I'm off to make breakfast. Have a good day.

TTFN

Now that you mention it... his last post on the DIS was Sep 13.

It has been a while, as with other DisDads. Hopefully the dads will come back.

Unfortunately. Less so in the summer, though.

Plus they take up space in either the garage or a shed. BUT, very helpful in the winter.

Really could have used it last week. My back and shoulders were sore for 2 days.

I feel your pain. As much as I love winter and a good snow fall, the effects of shoveling snow is, well, not cool.

Norm’s last post on Facebook was 11/7, he was moving into their new home… the cat was helping. 😏

the 7th? I must have missed him posting. And it's always a interesting time when the cat helps you move. 😆

Gents, looking for some advice. A couple days ago I was contacted by a former coworker asking for help to find work, he has struggled the last couple years. I was friendly with him at work but didn’t have any relationship outside the office. Today I had an email from him saying he is desperate and could I loan him $50 for a couple weeks and he’ll pay me back once he finds work. My head says no way, I’m afraid it won’t end at $50 (and I know my wife wouldn’t go for it). But my heart really wants to help the guy. Just wondering if any would like to share their thoughts. Thanks.

Gents, looking for some advice. A couple days ago I was contacted by a former coworker asking for help to find work, he has struggled the last couple years. I was friendly with him at work but didn’t have any relationship outside the office. Today I had an email from him saying he is desperate and could I loan him $50 for a couple weeks and he’ll pay me back once he finds work. My head says no way, I’m afraid it won’t end at $50 (and I know my wife wouldn’t go for it). But my heart really wants to help the guy. Just wondering if any would like to share their thoughts. Thanks.

I think I would feel the way you do but probably say sorry can't help.

Good (?) morning, Gentlemen (?)

I'm on a long Zoom session and paying close attention to it as you can imagine.

It is always a good idea to help if you have the ability as you never know when you will be on the receiving end, but it is never a good idea to offend She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to the northern Dads and a Happy Early Thanksgiving to the rest.

Well, the first rule (well, maybe not the FIRST), never lend money to family/friends. It will ruin the relationship.

With that said, if you can spare it and you feel so inclined, you can GIVE him $50. I can't count how much money I've given to my mom mostly, but others too.

Just be sure to stress it is a one time deal. My question would be how far could $50 go and how long could it help? Other option is buy $50 of groceries and give him. Tough call.

Other tough part...is he truly desparate and only reached out to you as a last resort or is he gaming the system and asking a lot of folks and just got around to you. Working in downtown Atlanta, I saw a lot of scams asking for money and would buy food, but rarely(very) money.

If you're the praying type, pray about it. If not, trust your gut.

Last edited:
Morning all.

Had to replace a thermostat yesterday, or so I thought. Turns out the baseboard heater was the culprit. So today it's back to town to get a new heater.

Have a good one all.
Was doing my own repairs yesterday/today.
Have Pex plumbing and the guy who did it... shouldn't have. (IMHO)
Supposed to be home run plumbing (one continuous line for each fixture), but he used a T junction for the dishwasher. I was changing the kitchen faucet and barely touched it and it started leaking. Off to the store to buy proper Pex tools and a new robust T junction. Got talked into a compression T which didn't work. Should've stuck with my gut. Back this morning to get what I originally wanted and fixed it right.
Before:
10552F09-2FB5-481B-A48A-F7E4501FB1F4.jpeg

After
F84F2446-5642-4784-A753-9C22E2116025.jpeg
You've already gotten a lot of advice. Only thing I can add is that if you do decide to give him $50, just remove it from your mind. If he doesn't pay you back, you never expected it, if he does, then it's a pleasant surprise.

It’s been a somewhat busy time off trying to get a head start on Christmas decorating. Most of my outside lights are up (although I won’t flip the switch until Dec. 1st)
Nice! I usually try to do all that the day after Thanksgiving... and usually flip the switch that night.
Whoa! Been a bit since coming around here.
I can relate... welcome back!
Just wondering if any would like to share their thoughts. Thanks.
If anything, you have to look at it like you're just giving them $50.
Was doing my own repairs yesterday/today.
Have Pex plumbing and the guy who did it... shouldn't have. (IMHO)
Supposed to be home run plumbing (one continuous line for each fixture), but he used a T junction for the dishwasher. I was changing the kitchen faucet and barely touched it and it started leaking. Off to the store to buy proper Pex tools and a new robust T junction. Got talked into a compression T which didn't work. Should've stuck with my gut. Back this morning to get what I originally wanted and fixed it right.
NIce! I can't even work on the plumbing in our house. Well, I could, but I'm kind of afraid to. Old house with old metal pipes. I'll let the professionals fix it rather than risk screwing something up myself then have them fix it. I feel like PVC is much more forgiving.

Morning, gents.
Bad night last night. Will be calling my Dr's office when it opens in 10 minutes.
NIce! I can't even work on the plumbing in our house. Well, I could, but I'm kind of afraid to. Old house with old metal pipes. I'll let the professionals fix it rather than risk screwing something up myself then have them fix it. I feel like PVC is much more forgiving.
You don't have to know how to weld... so that's a plus. First time I ever changed a faucet. Was not easy in the tight confines of a double sink w/garbage disposal... but I know I can do it now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter