DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Boxing Day 2022: What Is Boxing Day? | Boxing Day History, Traditions, and  More | The Old Farmer's Almanac

Good morning, Gentleman, and a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy Boxing Day to those who celebrate. The stress of Christmas is over, almost. The Mrs. bakes and puts together Christmas baskets to give out to friends and family, and, well....she's not quite done yet. The plus to all this baking is that there are always samples to be had. :hyper: Mmmm I've basically given up on losing weight until after the new year.

Had a great Christmas with the in-laws, yes, even my DFiL. He was on his best behavior while I was there, and no one mentioned the show, which was good. We'll be heading back over there today when my DSis-in-Law shows up. Didn't get a whole lot, but didn't ask for anything either. The Mrs. and I tend to keep it low key between us. I actually ordered some photography stuff couple of weeks ago, which I need, so I told the Mrs. that those was from her. :teeth:

As for that big nor'easter that hit? Well, for us, at least, it turned out to be not as bad as they predicted, and that happens quite a bit here on the Cape. Storms, for whatever reason, take a slightly different track which lessens the effect on the Cape. That doesn't mean I didn't take precautions, because I did. I had to go into work, so I wound bring along a "Bug-out" bag. Incase a tree fell blocking the entrance to my neighborhood I had a change of clothes with me and planned on heading to my in-laws place. I'm convinced the storm took a different track because I over planned. Off Cape I heard got hit hard.

We’re getting a storm line though here today. Raining right now and supposed to be in the 40s all afternoon, but then turn to snow/ice and get down to -5 by tomorrow morning. They’re all over the place on snowfall totals but saying 55 mph winds so blizzard conditions if we get enough. I hope we can maintain power because my generator is only big enough to plug some space heaters into and that isn’t going to be adequate in these temps. I know it’s cold everywhere this weekend, even Disney World, but I hope everyone stays safe!!!

How'd you guys do during the storm? Was it as bad as they said it was going to be? They were predicting wind gusts of up to 65+ mph, but I don't think it got that bad. Wind gusts into the 50's? Sure, but up to 65 mph. And this happens a lot here on the Cape. I believe it has something to do with the fact we're surrounded by the ocean how the winds react around us.

Hold onto your hats!

:tilt:

We've been on high alert for the storm as well. Could get a flash-freeze tomorrow, with temperatures dropping so fast the roads ice up almost instantly. And the high winds could do some serious damage as well. Could be a long weekend!

How'd you guys do during the storm?

How'd you guys do during the storm? Was it as bad as they said it was going to be? They were predicting wind gusts of up to 65+ mph, but I don't think it got that bad. Wind gusts into the 50's? Sure, but up to 65 mph. And this happens a lot here on the Cape. I believe it has something to do with the fact we're surrounded by the ocean how the winds react around us.
Fortunately, less snow than originally forecast. A couple of inches which only led to drifts a couple feet in places. They nailed the temps though. High of -2 on Friday and windy. I think windchill was something like -30. I had to go outside to make sure water wasn’t frozen for cattle and in about 15 minutes being outside it was the coldest and most miserable I’ve been. We survived fine though. A lot of people around here lot power and had pipes freeze and burst. Thankfully, we kept power and the furnace managed to maintain heat.

Hey, Guys! Had a 2nd Christmas at the in-laws yesterday with the DSisiL and her DD and all went well. Now we start cleaning up from Christmas, though the tree will remain up until just after the new year. 165 days until D-Day! :teeth: :teeth: We're still on track for the trip.

Fortunately, less snow than originally forecast. A couple of inches which only led to drifts a couple feet in places. They nailed the temps though. High of -2 on Friday and windy. I think windchill was something like -30. I had to go outside to make sure water wasn’t frozen for cattle and in about 15 minutes being outside it was the coldest and most miserable I’ve been. We survived fine though. A lot of people around here lot power and had pipes freeze and burst. Thankfully, we kept power and the furnace managed to maintain heat.

-30?! That's down right brrrr cold. Man, glad you guys made it through alright.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well and getting ready for another long weekend. Spend yesterday at pediatrics, and, well....it use to be my favorite office. I guess it still is, but man I've forgotten how busy that office can be. Don't get me wrong, I like being busy. However, there's busy and then there's everything-happening-all-at-once busy, like at pediatrics. Patients checking in and out, the multiple phonelines ringing at the same time and nurses wanting something right then and there. Busy day. It was a good day, though. I'm back there today, and it's going to be just as busy.

I'm finally getting back to some of the earlier quotes that I had missed for varying reasons.
Can confirm. Need to have a 2 park ticket for that day since it does go between IoA and US.

Thanks for the confirmation. didn't want to have to spend to get into 2 parks, but if we're going to get the whole Harry Potter experience then we'll need to do it.

Wow... sounds like there have certainly been plenty of challenges, but glad to hear you're having fun with it and doing a good job!

It was a challenge, but we got through it. Just thankful non of the younger kids got COVID. If that had happened they they would have had to shut down the show as we didn't have anyone else in the cast young enough to play Gretl.

Whoa. Been having some fun times there with the cast dropping like flies!

It was challenging to say the least, but we got through it.

As Andy said, you definitely need a 2-park ticket to do the Hogwarts train. Also, make sure to take the crowd calendars with the appropriate grains of salt. They are educated guesses to be sure, but they're still guesses. It's not a foolproof system.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll get tickets for the 2 parks. As for the crowd calendars? I understand they're guessing, but enough people have said good things about the Touring Plans site that I'm willing to go with it. If anything it'll be a good test for future trips.

Hope all are well and getting ready for another long weekend.
Oh, it's gonna be a long weekend alright.
2 midnight shifts (almost) done and 2 to go.
Spend yesterday at pediatrics, and, well....it use to be my favorite office. I guess it still is, but man I've forgotten how busy that office can be.
I bet. Especially with all the RSV and more going around.

Saw this and thought of you:
1672312865432.png

Leaving for the World in the morning. I just want to get some sleep before I drive all day. DW has just decided the entire house needs to be cleaned top to bottom before we leave and I need to help. (It really isn’t that messy, the kids even picked their toys up) She always has fun but freaks out before we go and comes up with tons of (not so) urgent things that have to be done. Almost seems like she tries to find excuses not to go. In any case, wish me luck. Hoping to be on the road and make it to Gainesville before this time tomorrow night.

Leaving for the World in the morning. I just want to get some sleep before I drive all day. DW has just decided the entire house needs to be cleaned top to bottom before we leave and I need to help. (It really isn’t that messy, the kids even picked their toys up) She always has fun but freaks out before we go and comes up with tons of (not so) urgent things that have to be done. Almost seems like she tries to find excuses not to go. In any case, wish me luck. Hoping to be on the road and make it to Gainesville before this time tomorrow night.
Have a great time!

Good Luck and have fun Storming the Castle! 🏰

Enjoy the cleaning and the drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter