• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Designers in training..Photoshop elements newbies

Mickey.jpg

Found a tutorial on how to take pictures and create a globe from them. I stacked two smaller globes on top of a large globe for a Mickey.

These are all pictures of my DGD3. Hoping, before my Disney vacation next year, to make a T-Shirt with a Mickey head globe with 49 Disney characters. The globe is based on a 7 picture by 7 picture grid.

Mickey.jpg

Found a tutorial on how to take pictures and create a globe from them. I stacked two smaller globes on top of a large globe for a Mickey.

These are all pictures of my DGD3. Hoping, before my Disney vacation next year, to make a T-Shirt with a Mickey head globe with 49 Disney characters. The globe is based on a 7 picture by 7 picture grid.

THAT is amazing! Looks awesome. If you have a link to the tutorial, I'd love to try one. Thanks!

I just got PhotoShop Elements 10

I'd like to make some Disney stuff for my 2 girls. A couple items that I can print and hang in their room and some tshirt designs.

Which techniques do you guys typically use?

For example - name fills .. Simple Name Fill

Now what if I want to add a background and maybe a Disney character in the foreground. What techniques are there that I should be looking for tutorials for?

I am not asking someone to give me step by step on how to do all these, just technique names so I have something to search for.

To put a character in front of the name just add it as a new layer making sure it's at the top of the layer stack. A background would have to be at the bottom of the layer stack.

I just got PhotoShop Elements 10

I'd like to make some Disney stuff for my 2 girls. A couple items that I can print and hang in their room and some tshirt designs.

Which techniques do you guys typically use?

For example - name fills .. Simple Name Fill

Now what if I want to add a background and maybe a Disney character in the foreground. What techniques are there that I should be looking for tutorials for?

I am not asking someone to give me step by step on how to do all these, just technique names so I have something to search for.

That is the same one I learned from. It made it real easy. good luck.

I have been MIA from the computer lately! I am so bad!

Hi just found this thread today. Love to play around with graphics so will be following along. I am using PSpro9. Planning a trip to Disney for Mardi Gras with DH, DD, SIL, GS and GD, so looking to do some crafts with the grand kids during our planning stage and also when we get back for scrapbooking.

DEBI.jpg

Worked on my signature today, this thread has got me hooked again.

My daughter is really into graphic design especially with Disney characters so I'm introducing her to this forum. I see alot of great art and photography on the thread so far.Keep up the good work. For my daughter Sara, we hang her art on custom Disney frames from hospitalityframes.com I do have some questions with Adobe though does anyone know if Adobe aftereffects is to complex for a 14 year old for a Christmas gift ? Or should I get her lightroom 3 ?

Oh my this thread is just about to cost me a lot of ££££'s! I've been having disigns from others (mickey heads/filled mickey heads/autograph pages) on here and have decided "I just want to be able to do that"

So off I trundle to download the trial of PSE 11...then Im sure ill be buying the full version before the week is out!

Thanks for the inspiration ... :)

So first thing first. I am VERY new as this is my first attempt at creating something from scratch and I don't know where to start. We are having a family reunion to Disneyland in a few months and I wanted to create some t-shirts for our trip. What I was hoping to achieve is something similar to what "SHADOWRITER" created. With the first names of all the family members forming the shape of Mickey's head and small red mickey heads in between the family groups and the year in the center. I would have asked Shadowriter but her thread is closed. Can anyone tell me where to begin? dance3:

Not sure where u can start for that specific one, but I do suggest checking out some of the suggestions on the start of this thread, to help u learn what to do in the beginning.

Another great place to learn specific effects you tube can help walk you through stuff.

Good luck

I downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements this morning, played with it all day, and finally have my first name fill done. I am sure it will get better, but I am pretty proud of it. I am doing one for each of our family members, and we leave in 14 days for WDW. One down, six to go!

Tobyshirt.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi all - -while I don't plan to get into DISigning, I have done a few -- mostly for myself, and I posted one a while ago for someone looking for a pin trading design that nobody had answered. I got PSE 11 for Christmas, but haven't spent a minute on it yet, and will have to do a tutorial. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to knock out the white block that's behind the image I want to use (trying to make parent t-shirts for the high school trip) - I'm sure I'll figure it out! Wanted to say that I love the DISigns you guys have done! :flower3::flower3: (and I'm an Erin too!)

Trying to learn to do word fills in PSE 11. Managed to get one done but can't figure out how to expand the space between the letters in the word. Could someone please tell me how? For some reason, this escapes me!

Thanks!

hey everyone, i have loved reading all the posts, you DisSigners are so talented. :thumbsup2
i live in Great Britain and absolutely love Disney, i went on my first Disney cruise in August in 2012. :banana:
I am currently training to be a teacher, i have been studying Information Communication Technology (ICT) and in particular creativity in ICT. so i thought i would have a go at being creative with my pc, this is what i have made so far

Not sure if i have done that right but if not i will look in to opening a photobucket/4shared account
thanks for now sarah
p.s can someone please let me know if they can or cannot access the photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter