Designers in training..Photoshop elements newbies

Please DISers....this is a sticky and not a chat line

It would be much more valuable for suggestions and ideas to be posted rather than so many introductions and chat!
:flower3:

There are many extraneous posts between the ones which provide good information or links to samples.

Even those of us working with PSE for years can learn from others!

Easiest way to make a border is to make the bottom layer filled with whatever color you want the border to be.

Then add a smaller rectangle on top of it and you will have your border!

How would I make a double border around a name or any word? I can do one color by using the stroke feature in layer style, but I can't figure out how to do another outline around that one. I've seen some that the designers have done that way.

One way I know is to duplicate the text and change the color to whatever need. Then, do the same for the stroke and increase the stroke size to your desired with around the original text. That will give that double layer look :)

One way I know is to duplicate the text and change the color to whatever need. Then, do the same for the stroke and increase the stroke size to your desired with around the original text. That will give that double layer look :)

Thanks! I tried that and got it to work. :thumbsup2

I am very interested in viewing this tutorial. Can you add it to YouTube, too? I am not on Google+.

this link is for the tutorial on you tube :cool1:
http://youtu.be/_7wOccHwx8A

I have just taken delivery of my Elements 11 and was sat there just staring at it wondering how to do things! I only bought it because of this thread and your tutorial was excellent.
Thank you so much for doing it .. I'm off to watch it again now, then I'll give it a go I think.

If you ever want to do more tutorials, they'd be most welcome.

One I'd find useful is how to fill a Mickey head with a flag (I need Croatia for a friend!)!
Thank you for doing this one though, it was great, very easy to follow.:thumbsup2

I have just taken delivery of my Elements 11 and was sat there just staring at it wondering how to do things! I only bought it because of this thread and your tutorial was excellent.
Thank you so much for doing it .. I'm off to watch it again now, then I'll give it a go I think.

If you ever want to do more tutorials, they'd be most welcome.

One I'd find useful is how to fill a Mickey head with a flag (I need Croatia for a friend!)!
Thank you for doing this one though, it was great, very easy to follow.:thumbsup2

hey there is the other tutorial you wanted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geru8Z-J3mY&feature=youtu.be

:yay:Thank you, here is the link for the mickey head tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geru8Z-J3mY&feature=youtu.be

Thank you so much!!
My name fill worked great and I'm really pleased with it. I'm on my iPad right now but I'll post a picture up later so you can judge it!
Regarding the Mickey head, it's been advised to get a near perfect image of a Mickey head to start with as it may pixelate otherwise. Do you have any recommendations of really good images please?
Thanks, Joa.

Thank you so much!!
My name fill worked great and I'm really pleased with it. I'm on my iPad right now but I'll post a picture up later so you can judge it!
Regarding the Mickey head, it's been advised to get a near perfect image of a Mickey head to start with as it may pixelate otherwise. Do you have any recommendations of really good images please?
Thanks, Joa.

Great, glad you were able to create a name fill, I have a really clean image of a mickey head I will post later for you to use

Great, glad you were able to create a name fill, I have a really clean image of a mickey head I will post later for you to use
That's very kind, thank you.

Here's my name fill ..
JOAnamefill_zpsd4839329.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter