DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Thank you for your reply!
I did call Disney and was told:
1. 7:00 and 7:30 reservations are treated the same (as reported on this thread). We booked 7:30 a.m. some time ago, as it was the only time slot available. I noticed today they added a 7:00 a.m. and was kind of wanting to switch, but was told it's unnecessary. EDIT: Switched to 7 am haha. Just made me feel better!
2. ACCORDING TO DISNEY, the breakfast location for the event has no planned location changes/ refurbishments/ etc.
Phone CMs are notorious for not knowing about changes until longer after those of us who are Disnerds know about them...

Phone CMs are notorious for not knowing about changes until longer after those of us who are Disnerds know about them...

I believe it! It didn't really inspire confidence when the CM thought TSL was in Epcot o_O. But they were very nice and helpful, as always! :)

Quick report from EMM this morning. Totally worth it!!! Although cold!

We left Pop a few minutes behind schedule, at 6:38 and got to HS at 6:53 (short construction detour that left me a little stressed). Got more worried because there was quite a backup at security. But we made it through, got our wristbands, and were in the park at 7:05. Cast members insisted we had to go to ABC and TSL wouldn’t open until 7:30.

We went inside, had some OJ and a pastry, packed a second pastry for later, and headed back out at 7:15. Line was stretched out along theater but not moving. I think they started letting people in at 7:20. We went straight to Slinky and were boarding at 7:28. SO MUCH FUN!! I think I finally found my perfect roller coaster.

We then checked Woody and Jessie but the line was already too long (I would guess 30 minutes). We then rode AS2 totally by ourselves and were given opportunity to stay seated. It was fun but we both thought the Mater ride at CA is whippier and a bit more fun as far as theming and music). Thought about staying on but once is more than enough for my head so we got off.

W&J line was crazy at this point so we rode TSMM and then checked on Buzz. We were second in a line of three but he had to go in to check on Andy so we waited about five minutes at the front of the line. Quick photo and he was done and on to the kid behind us. Kind of sad he didn’t seem interested in interacting but sometimes that is just the way it is.

We then rode Slinky again with a ten minute wait, took a bunch of photos, and left the land about 8:30. We easily could have gotten several more rides of everything in but we’re having more fun enjoying the environment and the lack of crowds everywhere.

DH then rope-dropped RnR (no opportunity for a head start but at front of line) and rode twice while I met Olaf, Minnie, and Mickey. No PhotoPass at either meet - photographers were there but said they were having technical difficulties.

Met back up for breakfast at ABC at 9:25. Chilaquiles were DELICIOUS. We ordered a shrimp and grits with no sausage and got grits with vegetables. Very good but a warning that no sausage means no shrimp would have been helpful. We also tried the guacamole toast and it was really good. Egg was warm and tender, tomatoes were tasty, and the guacamole had lots of lime just how u like it.

DH then went for Star Tours while I went to meet Mike and Sully (lots of fun but, like Olaf, they don’t sign). We then met up for the muppets and were back in the car at 1:30.

All in all, I was really happy with the experience. Particularly because the crowds have been crazy and it was nice to have some low-stress time at the parks. If I had it to do over again, I would have started with W&J since we would never have managed more than five or six rides anyway before my motion sickness kicked in.

I still don’t like the way upcharge events are the new norm but if this is how things are going to be, this one was fun!

Edited - typos and time.

Last edited:

Did TSL EMM this past Monday 1/28. Set up Mears for a 6:35 pick up time 2 weeks ago from CBR, but he was actually 10 min early so we pulled up around 6:35. Walked up to the front got our bands and they let us in at 6:50 with instructions to go to ABC Commissary. We used bathroom, got a small bite to eat and coffee. Walked out to Chinese theater around 7:10. We waited around 10 minutes then they walked us to TSL. We were in the front of the crowd so we headed straight to SDD. We rode it once and the initial crowd had the queue backed up so we walked on AS2 did it once and then went over to TSMM for a go around. We decided to go back to SDD and rode it 4 more times with less than a 10 minute from to finish each time. We started to exit TSL around 8:40 and headed towards TOT. As we just made the left on Sunset the rope drop crowd was released at 7:45. Wow, just wow at the sight. Thank goodness we left TSL when we did. Managed to do TOT once getting off at 9:00 exactly. We weren't feeling RRC so we went to Star Tours. Again, we walked right on, as a bonus for the first time ever I was the Rebel Spy, off at 9:29. At this point we decided to grab breakfast. I got the charcuterie platter and the chilequiles. Both we really good. My sister got the chicken and donut (?), she really enjoyed hers as well. After breakfast we finished the morning off with M3D and then did some shopping. We had left the park by 11:30 knowing we were coming back at night for SDD FP and Fantasmic. All in all very pleased with the event. Had a lot of fun, did a lot of rides using no FPs what so ever, ate a good meal. If your budget allows, I really think this will not be an event you will regret. I strongly recommend.

At this point we decided to grab breakfast. I got the charcuterie platter and the chilequiles. Both we really good. My sister got the chicken and donut (?), she really enjoyed hers as well.

They let you order more than one hot breakfast per ticket? If so, that's awesome!

Loving these reviews. Hoping we can get the tickets. Called the other night for July, but they weren't released yet.

Thanks to everyone posting about their experience. I really want to do this with my group since there are 11 of us. I assume it will be a while until July opens up

So its 3 months til May and they still haven't opened any dates. Do you think they are not going to offer it?

They let you order more than one hot breakfast per ticket? If so, that's awesome!

Loving these reviews. Hoping we can get the tickets. Called the other night for July, but they weren't released yet.
Yes, it sounds like breakfast ordering is pretty informal, they’re not counting the number of people in your party or if you’ve made more than one trip to the line to order.

I think our group will probably split up—one adult will take the kids to the cold buffet while the other two order the hot food for the table. And then maybe we’ll do a second round of orders depending on appetites.

So its 3 months til May and they still haven't opened any dates. Do you think they are not going to offer it?
I would be surprised if they didn’t, it’s been a big success and May isn’t usually the busiest month so I can’t see why they wouldn’t run it. All of these hard ticket events seem to run on a pretty random schedule of dates being released...sometimes it’s months ahead, sometimes a big block opens all at once, sometimes it’s one month at a time, etc. If it’s not released by your FP day then that’s annoying for sure, but even that happens sometimes so I wouldn’t worry yet.

They let you order more than one hot breakfast per ticket?

Yes, they even mentioned it to me, to try out more than one hot entree when I was ordering. You can order multiple even your first time thru the line, but then you can go back and order more if you want to try something else later (just make your second order before they close the line at 10)

Has anyone tried to sign up for Jedi training after eating breakfast--around 10? I know it depends a lot on crowd levels but wondering if anyone has had success with this. Thx

I’m getting anxious too. We’ll be there in June but with no May dates yet, it makes me nervous for June. The April dates were up by mid-December. I check everyday.

Finally got a EMM for 4/29. I was holding off waiting for a May date so never got the 4/29 and it sold out i guess? but been stalking the website for 4/29 and finally got lucky and got reservations for it yesterday

We did EMM in October but we were at the beach club and walked over.

This time we are staying at the Grand, what time would you recommend reserving a cab/towncar/uber etc to be there on time?

We just did EMM while staying at Poly back on 12/31. I find there is usually at least one cab always around the deluxes, and there was one when we walked out front our morning so took it. Driver told me I was his first fare of the day.

We arrived at DHS at around 6:45am, which means we probably got in the cab at Poly 6:30ish (I didn't check the time exactly).

I was rolling the dice a bit just 'assuming' a cab would be there, but I was comfortable with that decission. There was a DHS bus at Poly as I was getting in the cab, so that was my backup plan (just would have taken longer).

So our date is 2/6- first day of location change! Not sure how/ if this will affect us at all?

This makes you our Designated DIS Reporter! Congrats on your new role! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter