Diaper bags v. backpacks in the parks?

When DS was in diapers at WDW I just took a Skip Hop diaper wallet with diapers, wipes and cream in it which I attached to the stroller handle, and a small purse with my camera, my phone, my driver’s license, my sunglasses and sunscreen in it. I didn’t need a wallet since our credit card was attached to our KTTW cards. We stashed a few changes of clothes in a ziplock in the stroller basket along with ponchos, drinks, and snacks. I felt so free not lugging around a diaper bag like I usually did. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

When DS was in diapers at WDW I just took a Skip Hop diaper wallet with diapers, wipes and cream in it which I attached to the stroller handle, and a small purse with my camera, my phone, my driver’s license, my sunglasses and sunscreen in it. I didn’t need a wallet since our credit card was attached to our KTTW cards. We stashed a few changes of clothes in a ziplock in the stroller basket along with ponchos, drinks, and snacks. I felt so free not lugging around a diaper bag like I usually did. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable going that minimalistic. I always have my medical insurance card on me in case of emergency, as well as a credit card in case Disney’s awesome IT has issues. I pack a change of clothes for my kid because, well, you just never know. I take diaper baggies to dispose of stinky diapers...I don’t feel right putting a poopy diaper directly into the trash. I take a simple snack (like Cheerios) when we go to theme parks. And I never, ever go anywhere without my hand sanitizer! But I can fit it all in a lightweight backpack. I have more peace of mind when I have my stuff with me!

This trip, I’ll be adding a portable potty seat because my 2 year old has a phobia about using a full size toilet without a toddler seat on top of it. Kids.

I said I packed a few snacks and clothing changes. As for insurance and credit card, my dh had his wallet in his pocket.?For some reason makers of womens’ clothes often don’t give us pockets big enough for to hold a wallet and phone.

I have a double city mini stroller. I have 4 stroller velcro hooks on it so that I can hang two backpacks with all of our supplies for the day. I use a stroller lock to secure both bags to the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter