Did you say nose picker or nose peeker? Our April 2021 trip! Update 8/19** complete!

This was a fun time checking out TL, look at the Tron construction, wow, will this ever be done and will we ever get the beloved train šŸš‚ back? We pondered all this as we made our way on the PM.
IMG_Jul242021at72156AM.jpg
At least it seems like they are actively working on it again. They really seemed to slowed down to snails pace for awhile there!

She laughed and said Mom, I have been saying nose peeking. Oh duh, that makes so much more sense with everyone wearing masks šŸ˜·
AHHHH! I TOTALLY did not get it either... But now it all makes sense... I hate nose peekers!

I was so glad we were far enough away from him but still, so disgusting. He then goes over and touches the napkins at Aloha Isle and the silverware dispenser. Never sanitizes his hands at all. I told Andi go to the other napkin and silverware dispenser, donā€™t touch that one! Thank goodness there was another napkin and silverware dispenser on the other side. This really was terrible to see, especially during a pandemic! I mean who does that at anytime!
Gross! Honestly people like this is what keeps me from going into public still sometimes. Like come on dude, that is basic hygene!!!! Blek.

Hey there, how is it going!
I wanted to let you all know a few things going on with my two upcoming trips!
First, my wonderful hack to have clean rooms during our August trip somewhat backfired, ugh. I would take Mrs Doubtfire right now, lol šŸ˜†

I miss Robin Williams! What a funny guy!
Disney has a new change to transferring luggage and items from one resort to another. Bell Service will only transfer luggage now, no food, grocery items, I mean really! This stinks or us. Iā€™m trying to figure a work around, the only thing is taking a ride share to the new resort and having bell service keep the items until we are able to check in, kinda a pain if you ask me!
This is me finding out about this new policy!
Now my friend Melinda has suggested I bring an extra duffel bag and ziploc bags and pack it full of ice and my perishables I may do this, but this is likely what would happen lol šŸ˜†
Iā€™m not sure how I will handle this. I do love getting some groceries and a case of water. I will figure something out!

I decided to cancel the Ohana reservation because of all the bad reviews and it doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s worth $55.00 per person. I want us to get the noodles and bread pudding at Tambu lounge and I want to try and get in Trader Samā€™s. I hope we can check it out!
I have a California grill reservation for us close to fireworks time. Iā€™m excited about this one. It is when we will be staying at CR.
I was able to change our Topolino reservation to a morning we are staying at The Riviera, thanks to a reservation finder I snaggged this!
Iā€™m still happy with my 3 resort stay even though Disney put a wrench in it!
another favorite funny person of mine!

Okay letā€™s explore the September trip. I made ADRS on Monday and the system at Disney was so glitchy and annoying!

One minute the website would say there was nothing available at all and once I would o it over all the reservations would show up! It was very frustrating. Despite all this stress I did get some good ADRS. We have Narcossees at firework time on 10/1 and a Rose and Crown at fireworks time. This will make it easier to enjoy the fireworks with the crowds. I also got an Ogaā€™s at the end of the night at HS. I have a Brown Derby lunch and Ohana breakfast on the day we head to Universal. One really big change is Andi wonā€™t be coming to the 50th with me. :sad: She has some school obligations in September that are just to hard to miss. She is bummed about it! My sister Donna is coming with me! Yay! I was able to make ADRS that Donna will enjoy! I am hoping to add one more signature restaurant for us!
We are staying 5 nights at WL, Iā€™m really excited to try this place again and I know Donna will love it.
We will have 2 nights at Portofino Bay at US and we will do Halloween Horror nights for the 2 nights. We will return to The Swan at Disney for 1 night for the 50th. We have park reservations at Epcot on 10/1 and MK on 10/2. My plan is to get to Epcot several hours early and line up for Ratatouille :cheer2: I hope my plan works. My sister loves Halloween and of course no Boo after hours during our stay, oh well! She will love the Horror nights. We went in 2016 and she loved it!
We will be meeting up with Liesa and I hope other Dis friends from our Epic trip!
Iā€™m so glad my sister is joining me but I do feel bad I wonā€™t be sharing the 50th with my Disney girl!
I think that will do it for now!
Back soon for replies and another update!

We do love Dinosaur and multiple rides in it if we can

I actually kinda re-fell in love with it last trip. I'd gone so long with not riding it that I'd forgotten how much fun it is. Best part was that it didn't hurt my neck like I thought it might.
Yes, so true and this is how we normally tour when FP is available

I wonder if they will ever bring that back or not. It super makes a difference in how you have to tour anymore.
It is crazy how much it has gone up in price, I do love it and will pay that price since it is unique and we donā€™t have anything like it around here.

It is crazy!! The only bright spot is that it will easily feed 2-3 people.
I know! It sure is beautiful up there.

I am really hoping to try this place out really soon.
First, my wonderful hack to have clean rooms during our August trip somewhat backfired, ugh. I would take Mrs Doubtfire right now, lol šŸ˜†
Disney has a new change to transferring luggage and items from one resort to another. Bell Service will only transfer luggage now, no food, grocery items, I mean really! This stinks or us. Iā€™m trying to figure a work around, the only thing is taking a ride share to the new resort and having bell service keep the items until we are able to check in, kinda a pain if you ask me!

Uh, YEAH. :sad2: Is this a staffing thing, or? I just do NOT get the lame customer service lately at all.
I will figure something out!

I'm sure you'll figure it out but man this super stinks and is so stupid. I mean, are there ANY perks left?
I decided to cancel the Ohana reservation because of all the bad reviews and it doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s worth $55.00 per person.

It sounds mostly terrible now. I am not sure I've read even one good review of it after its reopening.
I was able to change our Topolino reservation to a morning we are staying at The Riviera, thanks to a reservation finder I snaggged this!

Love the ressie finders. Got a few using them last trip.
Okay letā€™s explore the September trip. I made ADRS on Monday and the system at Disney was so glitchy and annoying!

Oh yes. For sure all of that! What nonsense!
We have Narcossees at firework time on 10/1 and a Rose and Crown at fireworks time.

So, you're going to leave EPCOT on 10/1 for Narcoosees and then Rose and Crown for the 2nd? Why not do these the opposite days? Although now with the EPCOT mono now working again, it'll be a lot easier to get around. :)
My sister Donna is coming with me! Yay! I was able to make ADRS that Donna will enjoy! I am hoping to add one more signature restaurant for us!
We are staying 5 nights at WL, Iā€™m really excited to try this place again and I know Donna will love it.

OH that is great!! I'll be at GF, then a Poly Bungalow. So close to you.
We have park reservations at Epcot on 10/1 and MK on 10/2. My plan is to get to Epcot several hours early and line up for Ratatouille :cheer2:

Wait, so no dinner on 10/1 in EPCOT? Let's do some F&W crawling then. M plan was for line up for Ratatouille as well early. :)
We will be meeting up with Liesa and I hope other Dis friends from our Epic trip!
:dancer:

Phew......all caught up! So much to comment on!

Caroline, what a mix so far....and you have to love another TR within a TR......you had such a lovely trip there, even with the bad and the ugly. And it`s got more to come.....love it!

I like the sound of the Avocado Margarita, but, can`t imagine the texture to be honest....and yes, mac n cheese balls here too....... ::yes::

Good idea with the split stays, and Gran Destino is beautiful, I never knew it was so pretty. Shame about the construction in places, seems to be everywhere now.

It`s so true about being scared to cough and sneeze anywhere now....you are looked upon as a demon from another planet if you do........but so far as always your pictures are beautiful, you always look so happy in them, both of you and some beautiful park and food pictures......I take that back, some gorgeous food pics!!

I`m going to keep up and look forward to the rest of your marvellous report......Disney looks a little different in places from 2008 lol......:wave2:

Funny story behind the TR title! Not so funny story about that disgusting man blowing his nose!! Yuck!

I'm sorry your stomach ending up hurting, crappy way to end the night!

So behind, sorry!!!

Here is my award winning drawing!
This is really good! I wrote this on someone else's TR but the 3x so far that we've done the Animation class in AK we have drawn Simba :simba: And he's adorable don't get me wrong, but now I can't get Steve to do it again because he swears we'll get Simba AGAIN lol
We went up to the top of Gran Destino to check out the Dahlia lounge and the Toledo restaurant. It was beautiful up there. It was closed at this time of day and the restaurant is still closed at this time
Yes it's lovely up there! We'll be eating at Toledo for the first time in about 10 days but I went up in 2019 while there for work and we walked through Toledo and Dahlia Lounge. The views are gorgeous
see a man take his mask off and blow his nose with just his hand.
Um, pre or post-COVID this is GROSS
I decided to cancel the Ohana reservation because of all the bad reviews and it doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s worth $55.00 per person. I want us to get the noodles and bread pudding at Tambu lounge and I want to try and get in Trader Samā€™s. I hope we can check it out!
We aren't 'Ohana fans so no desire to go there but I've read lots of negative reviews so I don't blame you!
We have park reservations at Epcot on 10/1 and MK on 10/2. My plan is to get to Epcot several hours early and line up for Ratatouille
Yup! We're doing MK the 1st but Epcot the 2nd and 4th and I figure that's what we'll need to do unless they do a VQ for it and I don't really think they will. I do plan to book breakfasts both those mornings but assume I'll end up cancelling once park hours and any other details come out.

I actually kinda re-fell in love with it last trip. I'd gone so long with not riding it that I'd forgotten how much fun it is. Best part was that it didn't hurt my neck like I thought it might
Yay! I love this scary ride! It has been a favorite of ours for awhile now. Letā€™s get that Dino!
wonder if they will ever bring that back or not. It super makes a difference in how you have to tour anymore.
I sure hope FP comes back!
It is crazy!! The only bright spot is that it will easily feed 2-3 people.
Love the bread service and yes it does fill us up!
am really hoping to try this place out really soon.
Toledo and Dahlia look like a fun place to eat and drink.
Uh, YEAH. :sad2: Is this a staffing thing, or? I just do NOT get the lame customer service lately at all.
I know whatever corner they can cut they sure are ugh!
I'm sure you'll figure it out but man this super stinks and is so stupid. I mean, are there ANY perks left?
My delicious cold brew coffee :sad: I canā€™t even get that and the creamer since it is perishable!
It sounds mostly terrible now. I am not sure I've read even one good review of it after its reopening.
It does sound bad, what I donā€™t understand is why you canā€™t leave a skewer of the meat and shrimp at each table. Let the guest touch it and put on your own plate:confused3
Love the ressie finders. Got a few using them last trip.
Yes this does work well except when they find one at 3am!
Oh yes. For sure all of that! What nonsense!
How did go today for you? Curious to hear about it
So, you're going to leave EPCOT on 10/1 for Narcoosees and then Rose and Crown for the 2nd? Why not do these the opposite days? Although now with the EPCOT mono now working again, it'll be a lot easier to get around
I will not be able to see the new MK fireworks except for the night of the 1st. That is why I did Narcossees, you could come with us! The Rose and Crown is for 9/27 to see the fireworks in Epcot. We leave at 6pm on 10/2/21, I have Skippers Canteen on 10/2 for lunch if you want to join, let me know.
OH that is great!! I'll be at GF, then a Poly Bungalow. So close to you.
We should try to do Trader SAMs or Geyser Point for drinks.
Wait, so no dinner on 10/1 in EPCOT? Let's do some F&W crawling then. M plan was for line up for Ratatouille as well early.
I could only get Narcossees on 10/1 at the firework time so I took it. Letā€™s do some F&W and like I said you can come to Narcossees with us, hopefully we could modify the reservation for 3

I mean HOW many years have we been waiting for this?! Geez, come ON!
No kidding, this is taking forever, look how fast Universal ad Velocicoaster Up and running. I miss the MK train so much, ahh the little things
YAY for short lines. That's awesome!
Yes it was so nice, I donā€™t think we will see that again hat is why FP returning is needed, along with housekeepingā€¦ā€¦.
I got it!! And yes, it makes me giggle so much. Just so fun to ride and not feel ill or have neck pain afterwards.
I love Big Thunder so much. Iā€™m so glad your neck has been good!
Okay, that's funny!
A little nose pickin a little nose peekin, lol šŸ˜†
Right up there with my very favorites.
There is such Disney all over this ride, it is a true Disney favorite arghhh!pirate:
IT was sooooooooooooooooooo good! So quite as good as the PPan float, but very, very tasty.
It was so good going down but sure gave me some big old pains afterwards
It's SOP in Central Asia. We saw it almost every single day. People would just blow onto the sidewalk and go about their merry way. I wanted to ralph every single time.
So gross, I remember seeing a great uncle do it once at our cabin when I was little and couldnā€™t believe people did that just yuck!
The revenge of the Tiki Gods.
A volcano erupting in my gut!
And then you got heartburn all over again.
It is amazing how quick the bill adds up!
Glad I have no plans to go to Central Asia.
Same!
Wow, that is awesome (besides HM of course)! Love those low waits!
Yes the wait times were so nice that evening
Ohhh, that sound delicious! Adding it to my list of things to try
It was delicious šŸ¤¤ I think the combination of coconut and pineapple was to acidic/rich for my gut!
Ummmmm....that is so gross! Who does that?!?! Ew!
Disgusting šŸ¤®
Oh no! I'm sorry that happened, hopefully it didn't last too long.
It did last a good hour!
Oh my goodness, that man! :scared: I cannot imagine. So gross.
Yes Glad Iā€™m a nurse, didnā€™t bug me to much other than the germ spreading part, gross šŸ¤¢
Part of me wishes the "nose peeker" part was the end of the story....lol.
Me too!

Me too.
Anything to avoid standing in line for an hour.
The waiting so loooong for rides is not my cup of tea, especially since I-had the FP system down!
I wonder if that was the last bus for the next hour and he was making sure he got everyone. Weird.
Then again, maybe he was just daydreaming.
I think you maybe right He must thought he missed some people, not sure the bus system was all over the place!
Buzz? COP? Wedway?
Winner Winner Chicken dinner!!
There's the classic foot shot!
A little unflattering with my ā€œgood for me shoesā€
wonder how much it got pushed bac
It sure seems to be way off schedule, Iā€™m sure it was suppose to be done by the 50th!
Someone looks like
1. She got Galactic Hero; and
2. Knows where the camera is.
Yes she sure was again!
Wow! Won't be seeing that again (except for an after hours event, maybe.)
April was lower waits and crowds than June!
It's such a great ride. It's not the fastest or the scariest... but it is soooooo g
Yes Big Thunder is a favorite because it makes me so happy!
And... now that mask restrictions are (in a lot of places) gone... I just don't get the people who are still wearing them (no problem with that) but nose peeking!
I know! I see people still wearing the masks on their chin or just above the lip. We are back to wearing masks t most places again, this is such a frustrating virus šŸ¦  no end in sight!
Someone else knows where the camera is.
Oh yeah!
Nope! That's all I had to read from the ingredients.
I do love coconut but man it does not love me!
Andi is smart.
Andi hates coconut just like you!
Ew! That's disgusting!
Yeah it is not the 1800ā€™s, oh wait yes it is just not the bubonic plague this time!
Oh.... lovely. <dripping sarcasm>
Gross šŸ¤¢
Right???? Dude, learn some manners. Actually... learn them and don't leave home until you do. So gross.
People just donā€™t think, do they!
The Kakamora revenge
10 MK busses and none for AK. That is crazy!!! Not sure if this is at every hotel but I noticed on our trip that there were no CM's at the bus stops monitoring things in the morning. Now I also felt like they served zero purpose as they couldn't ever seem to do anything, but the fact that someone understood my plight always seemed to make it a bit better
Haha Kari, I get it, misery loves company. There was no rhyme or reason to the buses šŸš this trip!
I'm not sure what you 2 were giggling at because that looks great
Ahh thanks, Andi loved my struggle to do the eyes, haha!
Sanaa bread service really does have to be one of the best things ever. I hadn't noticed the price had gone up so much. Though I gotta say its still worth more than $19!
This is one appetizer I would pay šŸ’° that price for! I love it, we are going again in August!
Wow! This view is gorgeous. We've never been up there but my brother had gone up recently. Apparently the views from the bathrooms up there are just as nice b/c he felt the need to send me pics from there
:groom::rotfl2:Disney bathrooms can be amazing as well!!
Picker/Peeker. Tomato/ToMahTo. Potato/PoTotO. What a difference 2 letters can make
You got it Kari, it all means the same thing when you are hearing from a distance and with a mask on, :P
Ugh that is revolting. Not sure I could have even stomached eating after seeing that.
The power of a nurse šŸ‘©ā€āš•ļø
Speaking of. Sorry wonder what bothered you? Though not gonna lie sorry you felt bad but may have giggled a little at Andi's comment
Leave it to Andi to make fun her mom again! I think it may have been the richness and acid combo of the pineapple and coconut
Aw, you're always dapper, Caroline!

But I'm with youā€¦I'm too lazy to be dapper!
Thank you Kelly! I canā€™t imagine wearing all the layers and a big ha in the heat! And Iā€™m lazy!
I've always wondered who sat thereā€¦I thought it was big families or something.
They had another family way down at the end. I think in ā€œnormalā€ times it is for several large families
Oh my gosh! I literally just wrote this exact same thing in my trip report!
The bus situation was all over the place in April and in June!
Cute! We didn't even walk over that way in Aprilā€¦I don't particularly care for any of it!
We love the Dinosaur ride it is a favorite of ours, not much else back there
Very nice!
Thank you!
I hate what the app is doing to customer service
You have that right, it does make some of the CMā€™s less personable
was wondering what this title was about!
Me too :rotfl2:
That looks yummy! I'm sorry it didn't sit well with you. I find I get heartburn more now than everā€¦I'll have to to remember to pack my Tums in my park bag!
I do as well, the joys of getting older, yuck šŸ¤¢

I love this coaster so much. It really is perfect!
We love this, you are right it is perfect
That guyā€ was truly revolting!
I will say it again gross šŸ¤¢
Ugh, poor you! I canā€™t eat the way I used to either. If I do, my body immediately reminds me it is not happy! I guess I will be splitting a lot of treats with Jack instead.
Ahh the joys of getting older. I never had heartburn ā¤ļøā€šŸ”„ until a few years ago ugh šŸ˜£
Can you believe one of these days, we will ride the Peoplemover and Tron will be done! Maybe not for a few more trips though šŸ˜‚ The nose peeking thing is so funny, my mom would say the same about me always being steps ahead of her
I think we will be waiting awhile for Tron and the Train šŸš‚
Andi drives me crazy sometimes lol šŸ˜†
So gross about the nose blower! I canā€™t believe people are like that in public, imagine what they are doing when no one is watching! Glad the float was good but thatā€™s a bummer it didnā€™t sit right! Andi is a much better sport than I would be!
Yuck to that guy! The float tastes delicious just to rich for my stomach
Looking forward to your Universal review. One of these trips I will have to stay there instead of Ubering from Disney and not getting there until like 10am:hyper:
I love staying at Royal Palms it is such a nice walk over to the parks and the EP is awesome
I miss the train. Loved chilling out on it singing Casey Jones theme song with my hus
We love the train, it is such a relaxing way to enjoy MK
Yup we are ride twins (or triplets really since there are 2 of you). Love them all :goodvibes
True Disney fans we are!
See quite a few of those here too and also many wearing, what my youngest likes to call, chin diapers:rotfl:I did ask him what part of the States he was from since diapers here are actually called nappies (Kari write that down in your American English/ Irish English dictionary )
Nappies just sounds so darn dapper for a poopy diaper. :rotfl2:
My dad was called Jack. Well he was baptised John but his family always called him Jack, my mum called him Jackie, I called him, em, Dad (there's a surprise) and my kids called him Granda but we all knew he was awesome just like his name so you son must be to
My brother is John and has never been called Jack, funny story when Jack was born my dad said but his name is John right and you will call him Jack and we said no just Jack and he said can you do that, haha šŸ˜‚ I said Dad you can name your child dirt if you want. :P
Nooo not risking it now! That's so bad. I hate it when your heart and your head say "yes" to some deliciousness and then your stomach says "WTH were you thinking-I will make you pay for such indulgence :crazy2:". Onion rings do that to me now and I miss them so much I occasionally risk it only to be swiftly reminded of my foolishness
I love onion rings but I canā€™t eat them like I use ugh! What is this, getting older stinks like the nappie lol šŸ˜†
Boke! Puke! Dirty aul never was washed stinker of a man! Seriously who let him out to be among people:confused3 Definitely taking napkins from the bottom of the pile from now on or possible bringing my own :crazy2:
Love your Irish way of cursing the gross man out!
Me too! It's just so Disney
It sure it. I have the saying A great big beautiful tomorrow framed and on my wall!
You and me both! :laughing: And yep... I get it!
Love Big Thunder
always think to myself, "Why even bother if you're not even taking mask wearing seriously?!" I mean, I know it's better than nothing, but come on people! I am also stunned when people pull down their masks to talk. Really?!
I know so many nose peekers and chin mask wearers why :confused3:confused3
What a strange night! Lots of fun, but also that totally disgusting guy and then the horrendous heartburn. I hope that was the last of it for the trip? And since
It was a mixed bag, no more heartburn thank goodness!

Nappies just sounds so darn dapper for a poopy diaper. :rotfl2:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
My brother is John and has never been called Jack, funny story when Jack was born my dad said but his name is John right and you will call him Jack and we said no just Jack and he said can you do that, haha šŸ˜‚ I said Dad you can name your child dirt if you want. :P
Used to be that you had to name your child after a Saint here if you were Catholic, so as there was no Saint Jack, babies would be christened John then called Jack. Mind you we Irish also have a habit of either shortening your name or, if itā€™s too short to be shortened any further, we will add a ā€œyā€ or ā€œieā€on the end just because we canā€™t leave well enough alonešŸ¤£.Unless your surname is Murphy then, regardless of your first name, you will be known as ā€œspudā€ ( Murphy farmed potatoes for centuries) throughout your school years and for years to come when on drunken nights out with said school friends:rotfl::rotfl:
I love onion rings but I canā€™t eat them like I use ugh! What is this, getting older stinks like the nappie lol šŸ˜†
Itā€™s so sad! No more pull apart Yachtsman Steakhouse onion bread rolls for me:sad:
Love your Irish way of cursing the gross man out!
Might have said a whole lot worse to him if Iā€™d been there or at least said it loud enough for him to hear:rotfl:
I have the saying A great big beautiful tomorrow framed and on my wall!
Love this!

At least it seems like they are actively working on it again. They really seemed to slowed down to snails pace for awhile there!
I think they actually stopped all together for awhile. Iā€™m glad they are working on it again
AHHHH! I TOTALLY did not get it either... But now it all makes sense... I hate nose peekers!
Itā€™s amazing how many people wear masks all wrong šŸ˜‘
Gross! Honestly people like this is what keeps me from going into public still sometimes. Like come on dude, that is basic hygene!!!! Blek.
I know, Andi didnā€™t see it like I did, thank goodness or she would have lost it lol šŸ˜
Phew......all caught up! So much to comment on
Hi Carole! So nice to see you here! The rest of my report will focus on Universal.
Caroline, what a mix so far....and you have to love another TR within a TR......you had such a lovely trip there, even with the bad and the ugly. And it`s got more to come.....love it!
Yes, I know things are going to be different ost COVID-19 but some things are just plain old stupid!
like the sound of the Avocado Margarita, but, can`t imagine the texture to be honest....and yes, mac n cheese balls here too.......
That Avocado margarita had me so confused šŸ¤” I donā€™t think I would get again but I am glad I tried it. Win Bar George is such a must now, the food and drinks are very good!
Good idea with the split stays, and Gran Destino is beautiful, I never knew it was so pretty. Shame about the construction in places, seems to be everywhere now.
I have to say we have had such good stays at Gran Destino and I would highly recommend. The construction šŸš§ yuck!
It`s so true about being scared to cough and sneeze anywhere now....you are looked upon as a demon from another planet if you do........but so far as always your pictures are beautiful, you always look so happy in them, both of you and some beautiful park and food pictures......I take that back, some gorgeous food pics!!
I know and it isnā€™t improving much, ugh!
Thank you, I absolutely love food pictures and dining reviews
Despite the bad and ugly we sure do love our trips!
m going to keep up and look forward to the rest of your marvellous report......Disney looks a little different in places from 2008 lol
More coming soon and yes Disney changes all the time, mostly for good and some in my opinion for the worst
Yes, I can imagine the new food policy will really be a pain for lots of people. Boo!
I know it really sucks! I will have to rethink my grocery shopping now
Funny story behind the TR title! Not so funny story about that disgusting man blowing his nose!! Yuck!

I'm sorry your stomach ending up hurting, crappy way to end the night!
We never thought nose peeking out of mask would be a thing but now it is an everyday thing
I need to stay away from the Kakamora float šŸ¤¢
So behind, sorry!!!
Well, you have been busy! Jetting around to beautiful places!
This is really good! I wrote this on someone else's TR but the 3x so far that we've done the Animation class in AK we have drawn Simba :simba: And he's adorable don't get me wrong, but now I can't get Steve to do it again because he swears we'll get Simba AGAIN lol
Thanks šŸ˜Š our luck we will get Turk again. It was a fun and way to relax some and you get out of the heat for awhile!
Yes it's lovely up there! We'll be eating at Toledo for the first time in about 10 days but I went up in 2019 while there for work and we walked through Toledo and Dahlia Lounge. The views are gorgeous
Iā€™m excited to here about your dinner Toledo. It really is beautiful up there and the balcony views are amazing
Um, pre or post-COVID this is GROSS
Just gross and why. People just donā€™t think! I shutter to think of all the things we donā€™t see šŸ˜±
We aren't 'Ohana fans so no desire to go there but I've read lots of negative reviews so I don't blame you!
Yeah, big fat no on that. I know we can eat at Tambu lounge and get the noodles and the other appetizers there. This is what we really just what. The reviews are bad!
Yup! We're doing MK the 1st but Epcot the 2nd and 4th and I figure that's what we'll need to do unless they do a VQ for it and I don't really think they will. I do plan to book breakfasts both those mornings but assume I'll end up cancelling once park hours and any other details come out.
We will line up really early I guess. Im hoping we may get a preview in August. One can hope. I could have changed our reservations to MK for 10/1 since it opened up again but I thought we would just keep it this way.

Used to be that you had to name your child after a Saint here if you were Catholic, so as there was no Saint Jack, babies would be christened John then called Jack. Mind you we Irish also have a habit of either shortening your name or, if itā€™s too short to be shortened any further, we will add a ā€œyā€ or ā€œieā€on the end just because we canā€™t leave well enough alonešŸ¤£.Unless your surname is Murphy then, regardless of your first name, you will be known as ā€œspudā€ ( Murphy farmed potatoes for centuries) throughout your school years and for years to come when on drunken nights out with said school friends
This is why my dad said what he did. My grandmother was all Irish and a very strict catholic.
Haha with the nicknames, my husband comes from a very small town and everyone has a nickname or a different version of their actual name!

We're DVC members and, in our opinion, Disney should be limiting the number of guests in the parks and their resorts to what they can properly handle. We don't mind if our room is fully cleaned only once during our stays, as long as fresh towels & bath supplies are supplied at least every two days. But having to pack up and move to several resorts just to have the appropriate housekeeping services is inexcusable, even if the room prices were only $150/night. Personally, we wouldn't pay over $300/day for any room. That's just price gouging with the on-site benefits that remain. We've stayed in 4 - 5 star hotels in some major European cities for less, and even had club room level included.

If we didn't have DVC pts. that have to be used this year we wouldn't be going to WDW in Nov. We'd wait until Disney gets fully staffed and returns to more normal conditions. Even then, in our opinion, Disney lets some of the parks get way overcrowded. We were in MK for the fireworks (it was Veterans Day back in 2017), and it was so packed you could barely breathe. It was so bad that EMT's couldn't get through the massive crowd to assist someone until a CM finally opened an escape gate for us and many others to leave.

ā€œLook Goofy came to Destino to say goodbye to usā€

4/27/21. We Woke around 7:30am, I went to the Barcelona coffee bar and got a cold brew. Andi laughs at the amount of cream I put in my coffee. We packed everything up and were ready to head over to Universal around 10:30. We saw Goofy in the lobby before we left. He was waving goodbye to us, it was a nice send off from Disney.
IMG_Jul312021at31521PM.jpg

We took a Lyft xl over to Pacific Resort. This was very easy and cost around 30.00 with the tip. We entered the hotel lobby and had our temp checked right away. They give you a wrist band and you wear this for the whole day, and each morning you are checked and given a new wrist band.
The lobby was looking very clean and beautiful. I went to check in and our room was ready. In April, Universal was keeping the rooms unoccupied for at least 24-48 hours between guests. This was great for us. It was only 11:30 and we were able to go right to our room and unpack. We had a standard view, nothing great to look at but the room was very clean. Tower 2 Room 2530. The room is smaller than the Destino room. It was fine for 2 of us. The room has 2 Queen beds.
IMG_Jul312021at31737PM.jpg

We organized our stuff and went down to upgrade our tickets to passholders
We decided on the preferred ones. It did not cost much more to upgrade, and with preferred we do get discounts and early entry. This helps if staying at an offsite hotel. We are let in 1 hour early with resort guests. This worked great in June and gave Andi a chance to ride Velocicoaster twice with minimal wait.
Once we had our AP and express pass, it was time to head out to Islands of Adventure. We took the walking path over. I need to give this path high praise. It is so convenient and never very crowded. Once we got into the park we noticed it was quite busy.
We did Spider-Man first, minimal wait with EP. Andi did Hulk next, I sat this one out, remember ride chicken here and I had the important job of holding all the belongings. Universal has metal detectors on some of these big rides so no phone allowed. Andi does not like that. I mean the phone is glued to her hand so I get it. Rolls eyes. :sad2:
We walked further into the park and went into Hogsmeade and it was so busy. We didnā€™t feel comfortable in Hogsmeade.
IMG_Jul312021at32319PM.jpg

We decided to try a walk up At Mythos. We got right in and sat outside on the patio. This was very nice, we had a good view of the new Velocicoaster.
IMG_Jul312021at32612PM.jpg

They were testing the ride. We shared the spinach dip with pita chips and the grilled chicken sandwich with fries. I had a Diet Coke and Andi had water. The food was very tasty. We enjoyed the down time and the quiet area.
IMG_Jul312021at32705PM.jpg

IMG_Jul312021at32751PM.jpg

We went to Suess Landing and rode the trolley in the sky and cat in the hat, these rides are so much fun and silly. We enjoyed the less crowded Suess Landing.
IMG_Jul312021at32419PM.jpg

We decided to head out for awhile and hit up Universal Studios a little later.
We walked back, again, really loved the walking path so quiet and a easy walk. We took a nap in the cool and clean room. Our room was very quiet overall, which I always love. I have such a fear now of loud neighbors after our stay at Old Key West, we had the loudest neighbors ever!!
We headed to Universal around 3:30, the only bummer was the parks closed early 6pm for Universal and 7pm for Islands.
We went in and did ET, Men in Black, Mummy,(just Andi), and Rip ride Rocket (just Andi). Mardi Gras was still going on here and we looked at the Mardi Gras booths but didnā€™t see any food calling out to us.
IMG_Jul312021at32850PM.jpg
IMG_Jul312021at32937PM.jpg

I was still full from lunch. We decided to do The Minions ride before heading out. We walked back and stopped at the Toothsome Chocolate Factory to pick up Macarons. These are so delicious. I got the 6 pack with a variety of flavors, Birthday cake, Tiramisu, sā€™mores, red velvet, blueberry/lemon, and salted caramel. I love these and highly recommend. The outer layer is light just like it should be and the inside is so smooth and tasty.
IMG_Jul312021at33039PM.jpg

We headed back to the room via the awesome walking path! We were wiped out, almost 10 days of touring after being in lock down for months was taking its toll on us. We decided to mobile order take out from Islands Dining Room at our resort. We shared the vegetable spring rolls and General Tso Chicken. Both of these tasted very good. I canā€™t find a picture of our food, I guess I didnā€™t take any.

We ate in the room and watched some dateline, love this show! We wanted to get to bed early so we could head out at 7am for Hagridā€™s!

Stay tuned for a ride review of Hagridā€™s it is intense for a ride chicken šŸ” :banana::eek:

We're DVC members and, in our opinion, Disney should be limiting the number of guests in the parks and their resorts to what they can properly handle. We don't mind if our room is fully cleaned only once during our stays, as long as fresh towels & bath supplies are supplied at least every two days. But having to pack up and move to several resorts just to have the appropriate housekeeping services is inexcusable, even if the room prices were only $150/night. Personally, we wouldn't pay over $300/day for any room. That's just price gouging with the on-site benefits that remain. We've stayed in 4 - 5 star hotels in some major European cities for less, and even had club room level included.

If we didn't have DVC pts. that have to be used this year we wouldn't be going to WDW in Nov. We'd wait until Disney gets fully staffed and returns to more normal conditions. Even then, in our opinion, Disney lets some of the parks get way overcrowded. We were in MK for the fireworks (it was Veterans Day back in 2017), and it was so packed you could barely breathe. It was so bad that EMT's couldn't get through the massive crowd to assist someone until a CM finally opened an escape gate for us and many others to leave.
I agree I think they were not ready for the amount of guests they have been letting in!
Iā€™m the type of person that wants housekeeping on vacation and I donā€™t like paying such high prices for such few amenities ugh šŸ˜£
Iā€™m actually excited about the 3 resort stay, I think it will be fun to stay at the 3 very different Resorts and each have perks we can use to our advantage. I love WDW so much but it sure has changed mostly because of the pandemic but also with the change in CEO, in my opinion!

Great first day at universal. Shame they close so early but I guess it wasnā€™t too bad for you this trip as you need to rest for your early morning the next day.

Hey there, how is it going!
Not too shabby.
I would take Mrs Doubtfire right now, lol šŸ˜†
Dude got stuff done.
I miss Robin Williams! What a funny guy!
:sad1:
More stuff being taken away?
Maybe... just maybe... they should try adding a service. Just a thought.
Now my friend Melinda has suggested I bring an extra duffel bag and ziploc bags and pack it full of ice and my perishables I may do this, but this is likely what would happen lol šŸ˜†
:laughing: Oh dear.
I decided to cancel the Ohana reservation because of all the bad reviews and it doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s worth $55.00 per person.
I hadn't heard this! Not good!!
I have a California grill reservation for us close to fireworks time. Iā€™m excited about this one.
Niiiiiice.
another favorite funny person of mine!
She's a classic icon. :)
One really big change is Andi wonā€™t be coming to the 50th with me. :sad:
Oh, that's too bad. :(
My sister Donna is coming with me! Yay!
But that's good!
My sister loves Halloween and of course no Boo after hours during our stay, oh well!
I'm a huge fan too. I'd miss not seeing Boo.

The waiting so loooong for rides is not my cup of tea, especially since I-had the FP system down!
Not for me. I'll rope drop... and then skip anything with a prohibitive wait time.
A little unflattering with my ā€œgood for me shoesā€
No such thing as an unflattering People Mover foot shot.
Yes Big Thunder is a favorite because it makes me so happy!
::yes::
I know! I see people still wearing the masks on their chin or just above the lip. We are back to wearing masks t most places again, this is such a frustrating virus šŸ¦  no end in sight!
Frustrating... I feel like there should be a stronger word there.
Andi hates coconut just like you!
She's practically a genius!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter