Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

I'm looking to see if this would work for me. I have 7-day hoppers bought in a package with the buy 4-get 3 free deal. Can those passes be upgraded, and the discount applied on top of that ? How can I find out the value of my MYW tickets ?

According to the FAQ multiday tickets can be applied to the price of your AP. I sent you a PM, but you can also just click my email jjtnana@aol.com and I'll send you the FAQ for your review. There was one post I read where the person had a hassle, but there must be alot of folks successful because we've not heard any others. If you need a card I'll send it out to you.

I have 4 up for grabs, please PM me if you need any.
Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked too many times but this thread is huge - can you use this coupon to purchase online? Or must you purchase in person? We don't have a Disney Store anywhere near us anymore. The only way I could purchase one is online and I'd love to get the discount. Since the coupon has to be turned in at the time of purchase I'm afraid I couldn't do it online.

Each person purchasing a discounted AP must be present at WDW and purchasing by July 31. The AP they receive will be active immediately, so no vouchers to be activated at a later date qualify for the discount.

I have cards available if anyone needs one.

Each person purchasing a discounted AP must be present at WDW and purchasing by July 31. The AP they receive will be active immediately, so no vouchers to be activated at a later date qualify for the discount.

I have cards available if anyone needs one.

Dang, thanks!

According to the FAQ multiday tickets can be applied to the price of your AP. I sent you a PM, but you can also just click my email jjtnana@aol.com and I'll send you the FAQ for your review. There was one post I read where the person had a hassle, but there must be alot of folks successful because we've not heard any others. If you need a card I'll send it out to you.

Thanks ! I'm still not sure if getting an AP is the way to go (no guarantee I'll get to come back within a year) but once I make up my mind I'll definitely take you up on that offer if you still have a card left.

Thanks ! I'm still not sure if getting an AP is the way to go (no guarantee I'll get to come back within a year) but once I make up my mind I'll definitely take you up on that offer if you still have a card left.

Yes, I certainly understand. When we first became AP holders we would go to WDW the first 2 weeks of May and then next year we would go the last two weeks of April, that way we got 2 big trips a year out of our APs. Unless you're going for a long 10+ day trip or at least twice it may not be the best choice for you....unless you're DVC, then it's always a deal since DVC members get $100 off the pass before the 10% discount. I still have three passes left. Just drop me an email if you decide to get an AP by July 31.

jjtnana@aol.com

Remember, if you decide you need a discount pass we can overnight it to you if you have a short turn around time .... our expense. Plus I'll be in WDW July 18-24 so can also meet up in person.

I have one left & would love to get it mailed out before we leave for Disney this week. Send me a Private Message w/ your address & I will get it right out to you :-)

Just got back and used card to purchase one AP at AK. Was asked for full name and address of the person who gave me the card.

I had name and knew the city - it is right next to my hometown. They didn't press for it, but just wanted to let everyone know of this wrinkle.

I actually upgraded a 3 day PH - did get discounted properly. Only oddity was the name and address request.

Just got back and used card to purchase one AP at AK. Was asked for full name and address of the person who gave me the card.

I had name and knew the city - it is right next to my hometown. They didn't press for it, but just wanted to let everyone know of this wrinkle.

I actually upgraded a 3 day PH - did get discounted properly. Only oddity was the name and address request.

Thanks, that is good to know.

Still have 3 passes left. PM me or drop me an email at jjtnana@aol.com

I have a one day unused ticket from a package we purchased in 2006 that I plan to apply to the cost of my annual pass along with the discount card. I was planning on doing this at DTD before I check in at the resort (because I want to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card too, but... do I have to use this ticket to get into a park that day before I can do the upgrade? I think I read that somewhere but am not sure - I don't want to have to pay for parking to get into a park to activate my ticket so I can then get my annual pass (which allows free parking) so I can then check in to the resort (which would also result in free parking) for the passholder discounted room that I booked. :lmao: This reminds me of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First" routine! TIA if anyone understands this well enough to answer me!:rotfl:

I suppose I could check in first, telling them that I have to go and purchase my pass, that way I'd have the parking waived by being a resort guest, and then go to DTD to get the dining card but it won't be quite as efficient!

I have 4 of the discount cards. If anyone needs one just PM me with your address and I will send it your way.

I have a one day unused ticket from a package we purchased in 2006 that I plan to apply to the cost of my annual pass along with the discount card. I was planning on doing this at DTD before I check in at the resort (because I want to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card too, but... do I have to use this ticket to get into a park that day before I can do the upgrade? I think I read that somewhere but am not sure - I don't want to have to pay for parking to get into a park to activate my ticket so I can then get my annual pass (which allows free parking) so I can then check in to the resort (which would also result in free parking) for the passholder discounted room that I booked. :lmao: This reminds me of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First" routine! TIA if anyone understands this well enough to answer me!:rotfl:

I suppose I could check in first, telling them that I have to go and purchase my pass, that way I'd have the parking waived by being a resort guest, and then go to DTD to get the dining card but it won't be quite as efficient!

I have applied the one day unused ticket to my upgrade to an AP several time without any issue. Like you, I went to DTD to do it. They always process it for the current price of the one day ticket. If you need a 10% card I still have a couple left. Just email me at jjtnana@aol.com or PM me. Tks.

There have been several ticket price increases since 2006. The price of a single day ticket gone up $8.00 since your trip. So if you use the MYW ticket to enter a park first, it will save you that amount on the upgrade.

If you do go to a park, you're correct that you'll have to pay for parking. However, if you take the parking receipt with you, you can get that refunded. You used to have to stop at the Hess station after buying the AP to get the parking refund -- that's how it worked the last time I did it several years ago. However, I think I heard here on the boards that they can do it right at the ticket window now. (I can't confirm this, though.)

As a previous poster stated, you'll want to use the ticket first to get its current gate price applied to your AP. You can check in without the AP, and if you're asked for it you can come back within 24 hours and show it at the front gate. Unless you're planning to eat at DTD, you don't need to go to DTD to get the TiW card. You can get it at the same Guest Relations as you upgrade to your AP.

I'm very confused about this "use your ticket before you upgrade" thing. Last September, I upgraded my 7-day park hopper to an AP & was told to do it before I used it so I would get the full 7 days credited to my AP price, which I did & I got the full 7-day price credited.

But if you only have a 1-day ticket & you use it, won't you be going to upgrade a ticket that has nothing left on it? :confused: I don't see how that would work? :confused3

I'm very confused about this "use your ticket before you upgrade" thing. Last September, I upgraded my 7-day park hopper to an AP & was told to do it before I used it so I would get the full 7 days credited to my AP price, which I did & I got the full 7-day price credited.

But if you only have a 1-day ticket & you use it, won't you be going to upgrade a ticket that has nothing left on it? :confused: I don't see how that would work? :confused3

No, you get credit for the original number of days on the ticket - however, the expiration date will be base on when you first used the ticket, not the date you upgrade, so you "pay" for the days used that way.

If you upgrade WITHOUT using the ticket first, you will get credit for the price PAID for the ticket, which may or may not be the same as the gate price at the time. If you use it first, you get credit for the gate price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter