Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

I have some of the discounted AP pass coupons, 8 of them actually. PM me if anyone wants me to mail them to you.

Katey

I'm very confused about this "use your ticket before you upgrade" thing. Last September, I upgraded my 7-day park hopper to an AP & was told to do it before I used it so I would get the full 7 days credited to my AP price, which I did & I got the full 7-day price credited.

But if you only have a 1-day ticket & you use it, won't you be going to upgrade a ticket that has nothing left on it? :confused: I don't see how that would work? :confused3

No, you get credit for the original number of days on the ticket - however, the expiration date will be base on when you first used the ticket, not the date you upgrade, so you "pay" for the days used that way.

If you upgrade WITHOUT using the ticket first, you will get credit for the price PAID for the ticket, which may or may not be the same as the gate price at the time. If you use it first, you get credit for the gate price.
It does get very confusing. Disney is unique in this way - you can upgrade a fully used ticket within 14 days of its first use. As noted, any upgrade reverts back to the day you first used the ticket.

What does make it even more confusing is that if you don't use the ticket first, you could be credited for less than you paid. You may only get credit for the amount that Disney sold the ticket for!

It does get very confusing. Disney is unique in this way - you can upgrade a fully used ticket within 14 days of its first use. As noted, any upgrade reverts back to the day you first used the ticket.

What does make it even more confusing is that if you don't use the ticket first, you could be credited for less than you paid. You may only get credit for the amount that Disney sold the ticket for!

Thank you so much for the clarification! It is confusing! :goodvibes

Just got back and used card to purchase one AP at AK. Was asked for full name and address of the person who gave me the card.

I had name and knew the city - it is right next to my hometown. They didn't press for it, but just wanted to let everyone know of this wrinkle.

I actually upgraded a 3 day PH - did get discounted properly. Only oddity was the name and address request.

Why does Disney care? If I am forking over close to $500 for an AP and getting a $50 discount does it really matter where it came from. Knowing the name and address of the person who gave it to you is not in the T&C. They should be hoping people give these things to perfect strangers.

I still have 6 cards left. Please PM me if you need one. I'll be happy to mail it right out.

Would this work for me?

I'm in Canada and am thinking about upgrading from the 5day ph tickets associated with my package to an AP for my upcoming trip.

I will be calling CRO before July 31st to do this :goodvibes

Would this work for me?

I'm in Canada and am thinking about upgrading from the 5day ph tickets associated with my package to an AP for my upcoming trip.

I will be calling CRO before July 31st to do this :goodvibes

You can't get the 10% discount on the phone. The cards have to presented in person at WDW by July 31st, and you have to receive an active AP.

I still have one pass if anyone needs one, just pm me your details and I will get it in the mail :-)

Where is the best place to redeem these? Would it be better at a ticket booth outside of the park or guest relations inside the park?

I've got two pass along cards left. If anyone still wants one just send me a PM and I will get it right out to you. Thanks!

Have you sent them an email yet from the link on Cheshirefigments information? This is the first step. Once you do this, someone will CALL you and tell you what you need to do. My daughter bought her AP on May 9 before anyone had gotten the referral cards. She emailed them at the special link and someone called her with the phone number of the rep. Once you talk to the rep they will send you a official email outlining the procedure to get the refund. Her situation was like yours as she is not returning until August 15th so has to do it via the mail. If you're hoping to wait for your referral cards to get discounts on the APs your family bought, I would move forward and just get a referral card from one of us disboarders and apply for the refund. Then if you get your referral cards, just try to pass them on. I can tell you first hand you will get your refund, but not until you send that email out. They will respond within a day or 2. Remember to tell them that you are not returning by July 31. Keep in mind the procedures does mean your original APs must be mailed back to the rep that contacts you (you'll deal with the same person throughout the process) and they will reissue you new APs. (I know this sounds strange, but keep in mind that if your APs get lost, it's not a big deal as they can be reprinted at the guest relations window upon your next trip--make a copy.) You can email me for any other questions as we are going through this process ourselves -- or if you just need a referral card (I couldn't resist the plug).

Don't try calling, as you've found out. We all went through the mess you're going through. The passholder number has "business" hours and if you try to call it will throw you back into the CRO mess and everyone there is clueless to the referral cards. I tried to get her the mickey monitor after she became a passholder and called several times, plus I emailed the passholder page and just this week she got it. It took 3 weeks, but it arrived now she has referral cards that I'm trying to help her hand out.

On that note -- if anyone needs a referral card please PM me or email me a jjtnana@aol.com and we'll get one out to you. We can overnight the card if need be at our expense. Also, I'll be in WDW July 18-24 if anyone needs one in person.

we did email disney and still nothing. No response or call. I am so very disappointed in how this has been handled.

we did email disney and still nothing. No response or call. I am so very disappointed in how this has been handled.

Wow, I was just thinking about your situation and wondered if you got it resolved. It's been a week now and no phone call. I was hoping you were on your way towards your refund. Sounds like it's time for a second email.

I agree, I didn't like how it was handled. My daughter almost lost it several times, but she's persistant. I think their goal is to beat you down until you walk away. Take a deep breath and try again. I'm cheering you on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter