**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

THREAD REQUEST

Does anyone have the handout they give when you enter that would be so kind to take a pic of the front/back and post on the thread?

Thank you!

Has anyone had trouble with fastpasses earlier in the evening of their DAH night? If we get in at 7, we could theoretically have a fastpass that expired shortly after 7 and another for the 7:30-8 time. I see these available on some party dates less than 30 days away, but on my date there are no FP+s after 4. (Our date is between 30 and 60 days out. We have a resort rez, so could book if anything were available.) Any ideas how I screwed up?

Has anyone had trouble with fastpasses earlier in the evening of their DAH night? If we get in at 7, we could theoretically have a fastpass that expired shortly after 7 and another for the 7:30-8 time. I see these available on some party dates less than 30 days away, but on my date there are no FP+s after 4. (Our date is between 30 and 60 days out. We have a resort rez, so could book if anything were available.) Any ideas how I screwed up?

This is regarding MK, so I'm not sure how applicable it is but I'll share anyway.

We are doing a trip with ONLY an MK DAH ticket (no regular park tickets, no AP tickets) linked to my MDE account. Park hours the day I'm going are 9am-9pm. I was able to book 3 FPs but the latest I was able to book one was from 7:30-8:30. It wouldn't show me anything later than that. So it may have to do with the park hours on the day you're going. So I have a 5:30-6:30, 6:30-7:30 & 7:30-8:30...if they won't let us in before 7pm I will just have to miss the first one! :)

Took the plunge today and purchased for April 3. We will be in town for Star Wars Rival Run weekend. Original plan was to go to AK on Friday, but for not much more money, this After Hours event will provide us more bang for our buck.

Took the plunge today and purchased for April 3. We will be in town for Star Wars Rival Run weekend. Original plan was to go to AK on Friday, but for not much more money, this After Hours event will provide us more bang for our buck.

I was just on the runD page yesterday flirting with the idea of signing up for the SW half. Hadn’t even occurred to me to cross-reference with AK DAH dates. Hmmm..... :scratchin

I was just on the runD page yesterday flirting with the idea of signing up for the SW half. Hadn’t even occurred to me to cross-reference with AK DAH dates. Hmmm..... :scratchin

I didn’t know about it either. Happened to come across this a couple weeks ago. Whole family is running the 10K on Saturday morning, and we were originally going to go to AK on Friday. After thinking it through, we just didn’t want to have to get up early to fight RD crowds into Pandora.

We’re usually rope drop people, but this seems much pleasant for what we want to do.

We're headed to Disney next week. We've decided to do the AK after hours event. There will be 9 of us on Jan 8. I saw several reviews in the thread early on. I know it hasn't been going for too long, but any thoughts on strategy.

I guess I'm thinking arrive at 5 or 6. (We all have enough day tickets or ap passes)
* Hopefully get at least 1 FP, start off in dino land.
* Maybe dinner at Y&Y, maybe eat before we go to AK though...
* Start with Everest or ROL.
* assuming we need to end in pandora, give day guests time to leave...

Some thoughts/questions....
Is the Safari running I wonder...
When will pandora start to empty out...
You can't skip pre-show on FOP right? I did see/here somewhere (here or youtube) that if there's room they may let you stay in the room with the motorcycles, so will try that.

Excited to see how it goes, will report back!

We're headed to Disney next week. We've decided to do the AK after hours event. There will be 9 of us on Jan 8. I saw several reviews in the thread early on. I know it hasn't been going for too long, but any thoughts on strategy.

I guess I'm thinking arrive at 5 or 6. (We all have enough day tickets or ap passes)

You can't skip pre-show on FOP right? I did see/here somewhere (here or youtube) that if there's room they may let you stay in the room with the motorcycles, so will try that.

The safari is not running during after hours.
I would just plan on leaving pandora for the very last hour or the last thing on your list of things to do.
Nope, no skipping fop pre show.
I think the person that got to stay in the room had 2 people in their group and there happened to be 2 empty seats left.

Looking forward to your review as your date is earlier than ours. Hope it's excellent - have fun!

Do we still get ride photos during DAH with the memory maker? Our ride photos usually are terrible ! I was telling my girl maybe we could finally get a couple good ride photos since we could ride several times on each ride :rotfl:

Do we still get ride photos during DAH with the memory maker? Our ride photos usually are terrible ! I was telling my girl maybe we could finally get a couple good ride photos since we could ride several times on each ride :rotfl:

Yes, assuming equipment is working, you’ll get ride photos where applicable. It can be a good time to get some funny/planned shots if so inclined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter