**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Quick question???
With DAH tickets, are you able to book a dessert party for HEA?

Yes--we did the after party Thursday night, and also did DAH. I would assume you could do it with just a DAH ticket, since they let you into the parks before the party starts. We had actual park tickets for the day. The thing with doing the dessert party is that it does eat up about two hours when you could be riding rides. We absolutely cared more about HAE, so it was good for us, but it might not be the right choice for some people.

I'd also agree with previous posters that DAH was MUCH more crowded than I expected. Still SO much less crowded than during the day, but it definitely felt much more crowded than than the DAH at Animal Kingdom we did earlier in the week.

We did Buzz, The PeopleMover, Space twice (while my DH rode the People Mover), Teacups, 7 Dwarves, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR 3 or 4 times, and Splash twice. We could have done more, but my husband was moving a bit slowly after a week in the parks.

Didn't get a ton of snacks because of the dessert party. Still did get a number of drinks, and a popcorn or two later in the night. So many more carts at this event than at AK, and all had bottled drinks and fresh popcorn. The snack CMs were really helpful (some carts didn't have all of the options, but they all knew which ones had the bananas, for example).

We would definitely do it again--took so much stress out of a week with high crowds. We were able to ride everything we wanted in Magic Kingdom in one day AND take a break in the middle of the day.

If you're going at a busy time of the year, honestly DAH seems like a no-brainer to me. You can get a lot done in those 3 hours, for sure, and we wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Yes--we did the after party Thursday night, and also did DAH. I would assume you could do it with just a DAH ticket, since they let you into the parks before the party starts. We had actual park tickets for the day. The thing with doing the dessert party is that it does eat up about two hours when you could be riding rides. We absolutely cared more about HAE, so it was good for us, but it might not be the right choice for some people.

I'd also agree with previous posters that DAH was MUCH more crowded than I expected. Still SO much less crowded than during the day, but it definitely felt much more crowded than than the DAH at Animal Kingdom we did earlier in the week.

We did Buzz, The PeopleMover, Space twice (while my DH rode the People Mover), Teacups, 7 Dwarves, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR 3 or 4 times, and Splash twice. We could have done more, but my husband was moving a bit slowly after a week in the parks.

Didn't get a ton of snacks because of the dessert party. Still did get a number of drinks, and a popcorn or two later in the night. So many more carts at this event than at AK, and all had bottled drinks and fresh popcorn. The snack CMs were really helpful (some carts didn't have all of the options, but they all knew which ones had the bananas, for example).

We would definitely do it again--took so much stress out of a week with high crowds. We were able to ride everything we wanted in Magic Kingdom in one day AND take a break in the middle of the day.

If you're going at a busy time of the year, honestly DAH seems like a no-brainer to me. You can get a lot done in those 3 hours, for sure, and we wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
We have the pre party booked on the same night we are doing DAH. 9pm HEA and DAH starts at 10.

Did you find the after party is a better use of time or does it not make any difference?

Has anyone done the Mickey meet at Town Square during the DAh event? I’d love to go see them but don’t want to use a FP for them on our MK day and thought the after hours event might be a good time to do it. Just wondered if anyone had experience with this. Thanks!

We have the pre party booked on the same night we are doing DAH. 9pm HEA and DAH starts at 10.

Did you find the after party is a better use of time or does it not make any difference?

I think it depends on your priorities. For us, a great fireworks view without a ton of waiting was a priority, so the party was a good use of time. We specifically did the after party because we wanted to pick our seats first instead of eating first so we could get the best view. We just stayed aware of the time during the actual party part so we didn't stay too long and eat into our DAH time. In all, we were in the waiting area from about 7:10 through the fireworks, and then at the party until about 8:45 or 8:50. By the time we got to Tomorrowland, the park was still open and we jumped on the PeopleMover and Buzz before it officially closed for the night.

For us, it was our only chance to see the fireworks, which my husband had never seen and really wanted to do. If the priority was rides, then skipping the fireworks definitely gives you a good chunk of time to ride rides, especially if you make FP+ for that time.

It was the right decision for us, and we had a great night. But it might not be the right choice for others. :)

Has anyone done the Mickey meet at Town Square during the DAh event? I’d love to go see them but don’t want to use a FP for them on our MK day and thought the after hours event might be a good time to do it. Just wondered if anyone had experience with this. Thanks!

We attended DAH in July (last night of our trip so we had seen Mickey several times already) and went in the last 1/2 hr of DAH to see Mickey. Wait was not too long, as we were able to walk back up Main Street to take a pic by the Castle & get one last Mickey bar.

(We are also awaiting the release of the summer dates!!)

We did the pre party HEA on 9/20 and thought it was worth it! That said, HEA was at 8 and it was a 9-12 DAH so that one hour buffer works well. Not sure I would do it on a 8-11 DAH. It was our only MK day and only HEA in between MNSSHP events. I had never seen HEA and loved every second of it. There were mobs of people that day and the reserved space was worth every penny.

I think it wouldn't work for everyone but it worked perfectly for us :)

Sorry if this has been asked before; is there any chance DAH will be offered in May? For MK or any other park? Thanks!

We did the pre party HEA on 9/20 and thought it was worth it! That said, HEA was at 8 and it was a 9-12 DAH so that one hour buffer works well. Not sure I would do it on a 8-11 DAH. It was our only MK day and only HEA in between MNSSHP events. I had never seen HEA and loved every second of it. There were mobs of people that day and the reserved space was worth every penny.

I think it wouldn't work for everyone but it worked perfectly for us :)
Yeah we have the one hour buffer between HEA at 9 and DAH starting at 10. My conflict is whether I should do the pre party or post party. I’m clearly overthinking. Lol. I’m sure either will be fine but that’s what we do around here.:-)

We met Mickey and Minnie when we went and it was our longest wait. We did go near the end of the event though so maybe other people had the same idea. I can’t rememver exactly how long but I think it was at least a 30 minute wait

Sorry if this has been asked before; is there any chance DAH will be offered in May? For MK or any other park? Thanks!
It’s actually been asked about every page lol. No one on here really knows when dah will be until Disney releases new dates. If you’re wanting to go I just suggest following this thread and checking back every so often to see what people are saying. We’ll be pretty quick to let others know when new dates are announced

We attended DAH in July (last night of our trip so we had seen Mickey several times already) and went in the last 1/2 hr of DAH to see Mickey. Wait was not too long, as we were able to walk back up Main Street to take a pic by the Castle & get one last Mickey bar.

(We are also awaiting the release of the summer dates!!)

Thanks so much for this info! No one ever mentions doing it at the DAH event so I didn’t even know if it was offered. We are going early April so I think I will try it on our DAH night! So excited for this! Thanks again for the info! Hope you get the summer date you need!

Yeah we have the one hour buffer between HEA at 9 and DAH starting at 10. My conflict is whether I should do the pre party or post party. I’m clearly overthinking. Lol. I’m sure either will be fine
but that’s what we do around here.:-)

We did dessert party and DAH last week. We had a one-hour DAH buffer (HEA at 8, park close at 9, DAH 9-11) and did the pre-party. I definitely think that’s the way to go - not only can you ride a few things during the buffer hour, but it gives you more time to digest those desserts before you ride like a maniac and/or eat popcorn and Mickey bars at DAH like a maniac!

Post #9 - Late 2018-2019 DISer DAH Guest List

Come join the fun...if you'd like to be added to the Guest List, either post in the thread or send me a PM. Thanks!

For reference, the 2018 Guest List from the prior DAH thread can be found here.

Monday, November 26, 2018
@CJN
@Elle23
@Tessaf
@areno79
@Babs1975
@apxstitch

Monday, December 3, 2018
@lambdabeta
@MicroBeta
@Inga
@erinscreen
@mrsxsparrow
@FFstreetDoc
@connorlevismom

Monday, December 10, 2018
@Elsaspiritanimal
@summerlvr

Monday, January 7, 2019
@Gehrig1B
@js
@cdispoto
@absolutmey
@TexanInTheMidwest
@lcborn2run

Thursday, January 17, 2019
@NYCANC
@peeperino
@Tinkerbell58
@TISHLOVESDISNEY
@dolewhipdreams
@Dentam
@Louis morrell
@cusack1020
@mumzie2three
@TheFloatingBear

Thursday, January 24, 2019
@csmom
@tookydo
@crazyventures
@aemorrell
@Eeyore54 fred
@Runnsally
@Lisa F
@NotTheBatesMotel
@Cordy2424

Monday, January 28, 2019
@happiest place
@bigeyedfish
@disneyAndi14
@fitgirlFL
@Chavaleh
@BK2014
@Haley R
@queenvee
@disneymagicgirl
@shant592
@FFstreetDoc
@Ambehnke
@bubbapuck

Thursday, February 7, 2019
@Zmack
@cadien
@amiskell28
@FranDVCMadrid
@focusondisney

Thursday, February 14, 2019
@Slick519
@senadler
@nervous1sttimer
@beglluvr
@TNickell27
@ConnecticutNonna
@rebekah8284
@jlhinvegas
@michellej47
@SarahC97
@snowglobe
@tinkpower

Thursday, February 21, 2019
@detroitdad
@iujen94
@georgina
@GoofyNewfie
@CNYMickeyFan
@Geomom

Thursday, February 28, 2019
@reluctantredhead
@Chami
@ShelleyLovesOrlando
@mcurrence
@chelynnah
@moonshadow
@Dr.Mrs.ScroogeMcDuck
@Rera2528
@blakefamily

Thursday, March 7, 2019
@Spacecow
@Jenna319
@Lsdolphin
@melliemelo
@Syndrome

Thursday, March 21, 2019
@browneyedgirl0613
@Justplainchy
@Disney Frenhines

Thursday, March 28, 2019
@Brandilla
@jaceraden
@worldtraveler996
@PPFlight75

Thursday, April 4, 2019
@Shellyb84
@captaindavidhook
@Brazzle Dazzle
@amytaylor2
@CogsworthTN
@EpcotIsMyFave

Thursday, April 11, 2019
@Rick195275
@msmith1026
@KNovacovschi

You can add me to the 4/4 list! Really excited :)

We met Mickey and Minnie when we went and it was our longest wait. We did go near the end of the event though so maybe other people had the same idea. I can’t rememver exactly how long but I think it was at least a 30 minute wait

This was our experience this year on 1/28/19. We got there about a half hour before DAH ended and seemed like everyone else did as well. Meeting Minnie and Mickey was our longest wait, followed by the tangled lantern photo. When we went in January 2018 for DAH we had very little wait meeting Tinkerbell and Talking Mickey towards the end of the night.

This may have been asked already, I do apologize. My fiancée and I are going April 28-May 5th. After Hours only goes to April 11. Any chance they announce dates for that time period? We are bummed because we wanted to do Early Morning Magic as well and that is happening the week we are there either.

Edit: it has been asked. I apologize.

This was our experience this year on 1/28/19. We got there about a half hour before DAH ended and seemed like everyone else did as well. Meeting Minnie and Mickey was our longest wait, followed by the tangled lantern photo. When we went in January 2018 for DAH we had very little wait meeting Tinkerbell and Talking Mickey towards the end of the night.
I forgot about the Tangled photo. We technically did it before DAH started, but it did eat up a lot of our time. I'm thinking the Mickey/Minnie m&g was long because you could meet them together and they were in their birthday outfits.

We did last March, when it was still Talking Mickey, that was awesome and NOT a waste of time
This year we went to see Tink in Town Square, same deal, maybe 4 families in line ahead of us. It was really worth the time. I would say do it. We did both (Mickey last year, and Tink this year) at the end of the night, when we were on our way out.

We had an MK day earlier in the week and after our first 3 fastpasses, we were actually able to get 4 more using the app! (1 at a time) Our last extra one was the Mickey/Minnie meet from 9-9:30PM (10PM park closing). So that might be something to look into after you've completed your first 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter