Disney alone as a minor?

You have a spring break in early February and another one in April?

<------- Just a hint...when someone clicks on your post number count in your screen name pic, it takes that person to all the posts you have made. So, curious people can see what you posted in every thread conveniently all on the same page. You are obviously a kid, so just be careful what you type. Stories are dissected pretty quickly here and if you make things up or are inconsistent, it can get tough.
Yeah, April is Easter, and Febuary is spring. Look it up.

Yes, we do.
I was typing this in finals. There'd be no reason for me to make that up.
Up north we have spring break in February (google it), and easter in April.

Up north where? We get President's week off. It's not called Spring break though, since it's not even close to Spring. It's called mid-winter recess.

You had Easter week off and then finals less than 2 weeks later?

Last edited:

Yes, we do.
"Up North" covers a whole lot of territory and isn't the least bit accurate. February is the middle of Winter, not Spring.

Ignoring the questions of OP's background...

I don't think the answer is as black and white as many have written. When I was 17, me and my 13 year old sister had to spend the night alone at a hotel. My parents faxed written permission to the hotel and called in advance with the credit card and everything, and it wasn't a problem at all.
Likewise, last year a friend's teenage daughter was able to stay in a hotel by herself while traveling - same deal in that her mom had to give written permission to the hotel and provide the credit card, but it wasn't a big deal at all.

I have no idea what Disney's policies are in particular, but it's definitely not a situation where "no kids are ever allowed to stay in a hotel alone ever" - so it's worth a call FROM YOUR PARENTS to find out if there's a solution.

LOL @ people having nothing better to do than dissect a statement about school breaks.

I live in Massachusetts. My kids get a week long break in February and another one in April. What we call them is irrelevant. My boys call both "spring" break because anything after Christmas is Spring in their eyes. I call both "stock some extra wine in the fridge" weeks because reasons :)

To get back to the original question OP - you will not be able to check into a hotel without someone over the age of 18, legally anyway. Hope you can find a way to make the trip work!

Up north where? We get President's week off. It's not called Spring break though, since it's not even close to Spring. It's called mid-winter recess.

You had Easter week off and then finals less than 2 weeks later?

OP's situation notwithstanding, the timing of Easter this year stacked finals that way for several of the public universities in MI this year.

I'd suspect Uber and Lyft would be no problem. AirBNB is touchy, but infinitely more doable than a hotel contract.

AirBnB's minimum age is 18, but it's up to the discretion of each homeowner to set their minimum age. My DD went on spring break this year in Florida and the minimum age was 21. Their IDs were all checked upon arrival.

diswis, like some others said, the best way to do this if it's really important to you is to have an adult accompany your group. They can stay in a different room and then go do their own thing. I did this with my DD and a group of her friends when they were your age. It's also great to have a (legal) adult around "just in case". Stuff happens on vacation.

Yes, we do.
I'm up north. We have holiday break from just before Christmas to the first school day after January 1.
We have winter break the third week in February, which includes Presidents Day.
We have spring break in spring, the third week in April.
We do not have finals the week after spring break, immediately followed by school being out for the summer.

That's not how vacation breaks work. They're spaced. And they're mostly designated by the season in which they actually occur: summer runs about 6/21-9/21, fall about 9/21-12/21, winter about 12/21-3/21, spring about 3/31-6/21.

You seem to be saying you up north school operates on an entirely different calendar from the rest of the country?

Being in Finals is not out for the summer.

I thought schools up north that had both the winter break and Easter break also didn't get out for the summer until mid to late June, not the first week in May.

When do you go back to school?

And to say someone might attend a private school, I know most HS private schools are on the same or close to the same calendar as public schools because of sports. Google it, OP, to make sure I'm correct on this.

And to say someone might attend a private school, I know most HS private schools are on the same or close to the same calendar as public schools because of sports. Google it, OP, to make sure I'm correct on this.
Not to mention that even private schools need to adhere to the state's minimum student contact days/hours. Having multiple week long breaks and being out of school for summer by May 1, a school would have a hard time meeting the minimum required contact days required by the state unless they start back for the year in June.

Being in Finals is not out for the summer.

I thought schools up north that had both the winter break and Easter break also didn't get out for the summer until mid to late June, not the first week in May.

When do you go back to school?
I don't know about other states up north. But the way you describe is the way it is where I live. We have a February break and then Spring break around Easter, but we go to school until the end of June.

And private schools around here only vary by a few days, if at all.

Last edited:
Mine is not.
I would show the calendar, but obviously not for safety reasons.

Not positive, but I think 180 school days ago was July 14 - an odd start date even for a school that can't teach proper seasons and has finals two weeks after a week-long break.
We have more days off than we do at school.
We started early september.

I don't know about other states up north. But the way you describe is the way it is where I live. We have a February break and then Spring break around Easter, but we go to school until the end of June.

And private schools around here only vary by a few days, if at all.
We don't follow common core, so we get an extra month off due to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter