disney deluxe dining child vs adult credit

Quite honestly, I don't think it's an IT coding issue at all. I've heard all the explanations as to why it's an IT issue, and I don't buy any of them.

They already have the coding for kid/adult differentiation in the system for the standard dining plan.

QS meals are not differentiated on ANY plan...not sure why that would be a barrier to correcting this issue. Using a DxDDP credit for a QS meal would be no different than using a DDP TS credit for a QS meal. Already happens every day at WDW.

I believe it's simply a loophole that servers have learned to navigate to increase their tips, and guest have learned to get something they didn't pay for.

Management is either (1) oblivious (doubtful), or (2) not affected enough to care....yet. I'd say that option 2 is much more likely.

I think so far management does not care. Disney wants to sell their dining plans, and there are monetary downfalls with each one. If the bean counters find that overall the "loophole" is overused, it will be closed. Until Disney feels the financial negative outweighs the potential lure, (I think that loophole is not used as much as we here on the DIS would think) it will remain there. I think the DxDDP is a cash cow for Disney and they want to sell it.

Give it time, I would be shocked if Disney didn't close this loophole at some point.

Give it time, I would be shocked if Disney didn't close this loophole at some point.

I honestly do nto believe it is a loophole. If Disney wanted this closed, it would be closed. WHen Disney decided that dining plans could nto be shared, you could not use yoru credits for more than the number of people on your account, Today, you can treat the whole park, and Disney does not care. Do not kid yourself, these plans are lucrative for Disney, and are used for more than just prepaying food. They ensure guests stay and dine onsite. Once it becomes more expensive or trouble to use them, guests pay OOP and end up spending far less on Disney food.

I tried to explain to my husband, master in math, how we can save money getting the more expensive plan and he was like this is too confusing- just tell me what to do. My mom went with “I trust you. I don’t need to understand.” So yes, it is a loophole but it is not an instinctive one.

I would be shocked if travel agents explain this setup.

Plus, your party dynamics have to work out right so you are cutting down the number of people there too. And then you get the normal problem with the dining plan that on average it seems like a table credit is worth less than the food cost.

A girl I know is staying for one night next month before their cruise. She said they are going to add the deluxe plan for that one night but are going to leave one of the kids off of the reservation to save money. I told her that was against Disney's rules but she didn't seem to care. :crazy2:

A girl I know is staying for one night next month before their cruise. She said they are going to add the deluxe plan for that one night but are going to leave one of the kids off of the reservation to save money. I told her that was against Disney's rules but she didn't seem to care. :crazy2:

That's a little scary. I guess their plan is to pretend she doesn't exist at all and hope no one sees her. Hope they don't try to add her once they are there. I've seen a couple reports where guests were not allowed to do so and the person they wanted to add had to get their own room. Seems like all of those reports were because they had the DDP. Adding a person to just a room reservation is okay, but having the DDP makes a difference.

That's a little scary. I guess their plan is to pretend she doesn't exist at all and hope no one sees her. Hope they don't try to add her once they are there. I've seen a couple reports where guests were not allowed to do so and the person they wanted to add had to get their own room. Seems like all of those reports were because they had the DDP. Adding a person to just a room reservation is okay, but having the DDP makes a difference.
She said they were going to be at SSR. Being such a huge resort, they will most likely have no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter