• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Emoji Blitz

I just started the Up event. I'm doing okay with Dug, but wonder if anyone is having better luck with a different emoji.

I just started the Up event. I'm doing okay with Dug, but wonder if anyone is having better luck with a different emoji.
I'm doing okay with Dug, but it's been kind of hit or miss...anywhere from 12 balloons to 40 balloons! I haven't done much better with any of the other emojis, mostly because Dug's doubling power is pretty helpful.

I’ve been doing really well with Joy so far. I think this event you can’t use someone that drops items like holiday Mickey because there aren’t items dropped in this game. And I don’t think you can use time adding because this event isn’t timed. It does happen on a lot of other events it’s just emojis that aren’t all that popular to use anyway.

I'm doing decent was regular Mickey because of the lightning bolts that helps pop balloons, often getting in the 30s each round.

I used gems and got Russell. He doubles, and it slightly better at creating power-ups than Dug, but that's about it. (You chose one of several pre-selected areas of the board, then Kevin shows up and eats those emojis). The event is dragging, just because some of these chests take 200 or so balloons, and at 15-20/game on average, even doubled it just feels like a slog. Plus, on a good game with Russell, I get 20 or more pre-doubling. On a bad game, I don't break 10. And it doesn't seem like there are many games in the middle - it's either really good, or the board is dead, and I score almost nothing.

I bought a diamond box and got Russell...he sucks, even with his doubling power for the event. What a waste of gems. My Cinderella is a level 4, so her dropping 4 suns every time she powers up is way better for me than using Russell. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 balloons with Cinderella. Russell and his chocolate loving Kevin weren't getting me to that level. But i figure any multiple power-up dropping emoji would work, like holiday Minnie, snow White, baloo, etc. Or the rows and column breaker emojis (steamboat, Elsa)....

I’m on the second to the last chest, and have gotten bored enough that I am now just using random emojis to see how well they do. So far my best one is level 4 Tinkerbelle.

Last edited:
I have been using whatever emoji I need to finish my missions. I've found that Olaf (and his suns) works very well, as does Boo and her lightning bolts. I also like (my new) Yensid because he blows the whole board away. I've been getting about 30 balloons per game. I don't want to get too many so I can easily play Rainbow Falls.

I just finished and got Carl. I’m going to attempt Rainbow Falls for Russell.
I was able to get a high of 62 balloons with a level 3 Elsa.

Finished the event and got dug who I didn’t have. I’m half heartedly playing rainbow falls. I was averaging probably 40 balloons a round so I know my requirements are going to be pretty high.

My rainbow falls is glitching—no matter what it always has me do the first level on the first screen of rainbow falls. It shows that I beat it and am ready for level 2, but when I hit “play” it shows that I’m playing level 1 again. So frustrating!! I’ve force quit the app, I’ve logged out of fb and back in again (my game is connected to fb)...any suggestions?

Edit: found the answer on another forum--if it happens to you, just lose one round and that seems to reset it/fix the glitch so when you play again and beat the level it actually registers.

Last edited:
I'm playing through Rainbow Falls because my diamond at the end of the event leveled up Dug. I am hoping for Carl at the end, but I suspect I will wind up with another Dug, which won't level him, and thus, won't be any use at all.

OTOH, I think I get a magic wand at the next level (since I am doing missions as well), and I can use it to get the last emoji I am missing from Collection II. I had more of it, and at higher levels, than anything else, so I am concentrating on those unless new silver emojis pop up, at least for the time being.

When I got the gold box from the event I got Maximus who I was missing so I was excited for that. Now I only need 3 from regular gold box one from series one and one from series 2. I also used some gems to purchase power charge and now joy is maxed out! I’m totally out of gems now but it was worth it.

Calling it quits on Rainbow Falls, at least for tonight. Russell is terrible, Dug is worse, and since I have needed 45 or more to advance, it's not happening. I am tired of burning through boosts to no avail.

Finished the event last night. Bough a box and got Russell. Wasn't impressed but didn't have him. Won Carl at the end of the event. Completed the first round (levels 1-3) of Rainbow Falls and called it good.

Rainbow falls was awful. I needed to get 79 on the worst one, thankfully throwing all of the available boosts at it did the trick. I got Carl from the event and a second Dug from rainbow falls. Not bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter