Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have been checking as well. If there is nothing from BJs coming up this month, is Target redcard the best bet for a large purchase? I don't have a redcard. If I sign up for one as a debit card from my bank account is there a "credit limit" like there is on a true credit card? Or as long as I have funds in my checking account all is good?

ETA: I assume I can get the 5% off DGC from Target, correct?
If you have Dosh available in your area and are signed up for it, they are currently offering 4% cash back via the Dosh app......so my Sams has the $75 dgc pack for $71.98, i think? Adding the discounts together it is roughly 7% off, which is better than the Target 5% off (even if coupled with RMN 1% cash back).

It does, absolutely. So far RMN seems to be working on GCs. Many have reported buying Disney GCs from shopdisney via RMN and receiving credit. I've never done shop Disney but I've done staples alot. So far so good and I've done Disney, other store GCs and even prepaid MC and Visas. With this current deal, I paired in the amex staples offers we had on 2 cards. Spend $100/$25 back. Plus the 8% RMN less the 1.99 fee. Looking at a 31% savings. Just wish we had the amex offer on more cards 🤣
I am crossing my fingers for this. Otherwise I just purchased a digital $500 dgc at retail. :( I also added in a couple of ornaments that were buy one get one 50% off (to help get the discount to go through). I did have to pay shipping which doesn't help the savings. My RMN shows the code being applied and they are just waiting for disney to let them know I made a purchase. I just did this friday night or maybe yesterday afternoon so I'll give it a few days and report back. The discount will 12% off if it works.

I got a targeted offer on one of my Amex cards - $15 back on $100 purchase on HappyCards.com. So go check!

Also, I've seen it mentioned a couple times but can't remember... is there a store that you can use HappyCards at on Disney gift cards? I've seen Bed Bath and Beyond mentioned, but is that reliable or up to cashier? Thanks for your help!

I got a targeted offer on one of my Amex cards - $15 back on $100 purchase on HappyCards.com. So go check!

Also, I've seen it mentioned a couple times but can't remember... is there a store that you can use HappyCards at on Disney gift cards? I've seen Bed Bath and Beyond mentioned, but is that reliable or up to cashier? Thanks for your help!
Home Depot. 2 $50 purchases at self checkout

I continue to have success with Happy Guy at Home Depot through the self check out at one $50 DGC at a time.

Last time my Amex had HG cards offer I bought 2 and went to use them at HD. One transaction was fine (Disney card). The other card did not want to go through. I contacted HG and they sent me a $50 check. So if for some reason it does not work contact HG - call, do not email they do not answer their emails.

Thank you for posting this. I have this offer on 2 cards and honestly had no clue what HappyCards were. I'm going online at lunch to check it out!

I also had the AMEX offer for Happy Cards, I went to their site but they are saying that there are no deals to be found when I click on the Happy Guy card for the home depot option. :(

I also had the AMEX offer for Happy Cards, I went to their site but they are saying that there are no deals to be found when I click on the Happy Guy card for the home depot option. :(
Amex offers work like rebates, not like coupons. You get the discount back as a statement credit as long as you add the offer in your Amex account before you make the purchase.
Edit: Nevermind. I thought you meant you were expecting to see the discount on the site. They're not showing at all.

Last edited:
Even if Amex weren't a rebate like @happ says, Happy Guy sells out fastest when there's a true discount on offer. All of the other Happy Cards are mostly different combinations of restaurants or stores aimed primarily towards women. Even if you're not looking to churn gift cards, HG is the only one I'd likely buy for a man, while there are a variety I could pick for a female friend or family member. Even if churning were totally dead, I'd still buy HG at a discount because Home Depot is awesomesauce!

I'm still super sad that Happy Kid went away when Gymboree closed - that was my go-to card after Happy Guy. None of the other cards have Rainforest Cafe like HK did, and those were a great option for dining at Disney because Yak and Yeti accepts them, too.

I ran into the same thing and I chose 5 different cards. Does this happen often? I have never been to their sight before.

Bed Bath & Beyond is VERY YMMV. We’ve had success and we’ve have people accused of money laundering and shamed right out of the store- I’m not joking that has happened to 2 different people here.

Home Depot sees the most success, especially using self-checkout. But the cards now say not redeemable for gift cards so if a cashier decides to stop and read your payment method you’re sunk- luckily reports of that are very rare. If that happens be kind, take your card and go home. Try again another day totally different time. HD cashiers are a lot busier than BB&B ones me thinks ;)

In all cases be ready for it to not work and to have to spend the cards legitimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter