Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a newbie here. Just wondering about buying the gift cards from Walmart. I’m not seeing Disney gift cards available online. Am I doing something wrong?

If you're near a Stop and Shop and you have a member card, they are doing a deal through 6/17/19 that gives you a $15 coupon off your next grocery purchase if you buy $100 in gift cards, and they sell Disney cards. Also, if you have an Amex preferred card, it gives you $6 back for every grocery purchase you make. So, on a $100 purchase, you save a total of $21. It's a one-time deal though.
I feel the real savings is less because you have to subtract the cost of the annual fee on the Blue Preferred which is about 1.5%.

I also personally value supermarket savings as a little less that the actual value because inevitably you end up buying something you don't necessarily need or is more expensive than somewhere else. Virtually everything sold at Stop and Shop I find cheaper at ShopRite. Again, that is just my personal way of looking at things.

I’m a newbie here. Just wondering about buying the gift cards from Walmart. I’m not seeing Disney gift cards available online. Am I doing something wrong?
Welcome! Walmart doesn’t sell them online but Sams does at a discounted price. You can use Walmart and Sams gift card at each stores but if you’re not a member it costs 10% to use them at Sams.

In honor of 2000 pages, I will reminisce and share my top 2 Disney money saving events:

1) February 2014 when Orbitz thru ebates had 20% cash back on Disneyworld tickets. I bought a 10 day no expiration ticket for $707.16 -141.43 = $565.73 (the good old days when you could buy tickets that never expire!)

2) October 2016 when Amex had a Sam's club offer of 20% back on up to $1250. I had the offer on 3 cards and was able to buy $3,450 worth of Disney gift cards for $2,625.50 (between Amex offer and Sam's club savings). With the 2% back from my credit card, I saved 25.8%.

I bought the Bubba Gump pack from Sam's, and my rewards card did not have an expiration date on it. It looked more like a Landrys company GC with all the different logos around the edge. I had no problem using it with the Bubba Gump gift cards at Yak n Yeti
Thank you! I think I will go ahead and buy one of these for my trip in Dec. to Orlando. Will be eating at Bubba Gump's at Citywalk, that looks like a pretty good savings!

So it's actually some kind of "reward" card that acts like a coupon, so I don't think so. It's $15 off a $50 purchase, but can only be used one time. They only put the description in the Bubba Gump GC but it's the same for both:

I think a couple people on the thread tried these before. Maybe I can search out someone who can confirm.

We did use the landrys GC paks all together in May. Think it was 3-$25 GCs and then a $15bonus card. I think the issue would be if you tried to use multiple bonus cards at one time.

I'm trying to buy a Disney gift card from Shop Disney and use my paypal balance (from RMN) to pay, but when I try to select use balance it won't allow it. It has my credit card selected. Will it use my balance before the credit card? I'm trying to buy $50 and have $52 in paypal.
Have you used your PayPal balance since they introduced the cash account change? I have a balance but it seems like I can only move it to my bank account until I finish setting up the new Cash account. ("Let's set you up with a PayPal Cash account so you can send or spend right from PayPal") Perhaps that's tripping it up?

Has anybody had success with Dosh and buying gift cards at Kroger? I bought a $200 Disney gift card with my Dosh connected Freedom card and still have not received pending cash back from Dosh.

I’ve never gotten dosh to work like maybe once. I’m jealous of the people it works for!!
I seem to have issues with my amex cards not tracking, but other cards work fine. It stinks though because combining dosh with amex offers would be ideal.

409923This was in my kroger coupons this morning....... but today is last day for 4x fuel points, which of my calculations is right it’s better to just buy like a $250 gift card to max out your dollar per gallon max is that correct ??

Does Dosh work with Disney gift card purchases at Staples? I have a 3% offer (in-store) from Staples, but I have to go a little out of my way to get to the store. I have $50 in my PayPal account (cashed in from SwagBucks, so FREE money) and I earn 1% cash back when I use my PayPal debit card to pay. I used to go to BestBuy and use the SB QR code but since it would appear that deal is now dead, I am trying to figure out where I can get a rebate, not a discount, on a $50 Disney gift card. I want to use exactly $50 which is why I do not want to go to, say Target or Sam's Club, where I could get a discount, which would leave me with leftovers.
I have used RMN at Target, but it has been hit or miss and the delayed payout for me is F-O-R-E-V-E-R....I just got my $1.50 from a $50 purchase back in March! My other option to try would be BestBuy and use either the QR code from ShopKicks or I see there is also a QR code on eBates (Rakuten). I don't know if that one would work but since it is only 1%, I'd only be out $0.50 if it didn't credit. I was hoping that someone had luck at Staples because that would seem to be the best option for me as it would return 4% for me...3% from Dosh and 1% from PayPal. Is there anything I am missing? I was hoping for something from ShopDisney, but since I don't have any extra funds in my PayPal account, there isn't anything left for a "filler" item to trigger the rebate.

my kroger coupons this morning....... but today is last day for 4x fuel points, which of my calculations is right it’s better to just buy like a $250 gift card to max out your dollar per gallon max is that correct ??
That is what I have been doing. Whenever the 4x fuel points promotion is announced, I usually buy a $200 Disney GC and $50 in other gift cards that I will use that same week.

With this new promotion, it looks like it will be better to buy several $25 gift cards instead of a bigger gift card. I assume you can get 200 bonus fuel points for each gift card????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter