Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the long term, this is fantastic. I literally spent last night re-reserving everything and getting frustrated over how long it took me to go in for each day individually.

In the short term, however, it has converted each of my 14 reservations for the next trip to individual reservations for the four people in my party, giving me 56 reservations to cancel, which takes 5 clicks, a fair amount of scrolling, and 4 screens per cancellation. So this is now my morning.
Do we have to cancel and rebook existing reservations? I saw that mine were all separated but I thought we could leave them as is if we weren't changing parks

Do we have to cancel and rebook existing reservations? I saw that mine were all separated but I thought we could leave them as is if we weren't changing parks
They appear to be perfectly valid as they are. If you don't need to cancel them, there's no need to mess with them.

In fact, you can even use the new feature on them to modify them now without cancelling them, if you decide you do need to change parks. You just have to do them individually rather than as a group.

Not having an annual pass or anything of the sort, I can't talk to all the advantages of the new system. But I do appreciate the following three changes so far:

It's much easier to select my travel group from amongst all my friends and family, as it grouped all the people with the same tickets. (This might not work for everybody, but can't imagine it being more confusing than the way it used to be.)

I no longer have to scroll through the whole calendar to find the dates of my visit. It defaults now to the dates of your ticket/stay if they're dated. (If they're open dated, though, it still defaults to today's date.)

I don't have to cancel the reservation to change the park or date. That would have been very helpful last night.

Among things I'm not a fan of is the fact that it emails confirmations now, so I've been spammed with over 60 reservation updates. 🤣

Edited to add: Oops, only 56 for me. My spouse got the other 14 emails.

Last edited:
In the long term, this is fantastic. I literally spent last night re-reserving everything and getting frustrated over how long it took me to go in for each day individually.

In the short term, however, it has converted each of my 14 reservations for the next trip to individual reservations for the four people in my party, giving me 56 reservations to cancel, which takes 5 clicks, a fair amount of scrolling, and 4 screens per cancellation. So this is now my morning.

I'm going to wait a day or two to see if that gets fixed on their own. I'm sure people are contacting them all this morning to regroup the reservations together, so hopefully a roll out will fix that. My plans are luckily set in stone (as of now) so not too worried on it.

FYI. ShopDisney is selling all the Disney-branded H20 products up to 30% off. They will be sold on the website until the end of September.

For each product you purchase, a free set of 50th-anniversary-branded reusable cotton pads are added to the order.

Chandrila Star Line bath products (exclusive to the Galactic Starcruiser) are also discounted and being discontinued. Purchases are still limited to Star Wars hotel guests only.

D23 discounts do not apply.

https://www.shopdisney.com/brands/h2o-plus/

They appear to be perfectly valid as they are. If you don't need to cancel them, there's no need to mess with them.

In fact, you can even use the new feature on them to modify them now without cancelling them, if you decide you do need to change parks. You just have to do them individually rather than as a group.

Not having an annual pass or anything of the sort, I can't talk to all the advantages of the new system. But I do appreciate the following three changes so far:

It's much easier to select my travel group from amongst all my friends and family, as it grouped all the people with the same tickets. (This might not work for everybody, but can't imagine it being more confusing than the way it used to be.)

I no longer have to scroll through the whole calendar to find the dates of my visit. It defaults now to the dates of your ticket/stay if they're dated. (If they're open dated, though, it still defaults to today's date.)

I don't have to cancel the reservation to change the park or date. That would have been very helpful last night.

Among things I'm not a fan of is the fact that it emails confirmations now, so I've been spammed with over 60 reservation updates. 🤣
Thanks so much! I just wanted to make sure that we had valid park reservations when we go in a couple of months...I would hate to do all that planning and then not be able to get into the parks

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground Celebrates 50th Anniversary with a New Scavenger Hunt

As part of the celebrations for the fiftieth anniversary of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, guests can now take part in a scavenger hunt across the resort.

fort wilderness scavenger hunt 1

If you're trying to modify park reservations you might need to finagle it and play around to get it to work.

I just ran across a hiccup where I tried to change for DDs MK day to DHS and it showed there were no reservations available for any of the 4 parks for our entire stay (the calendar for Sept gives full availability for all 4 so it wasn't that).

Next, I went into my name and I was able to change it - the only block out was the park I originally reserved which made sense. After changing my reservation, I then went back to DD's reservation and at that point all days popped up for our stay as available to modify.

So keep messing with it if MDE tells you no!

Edited to add: I wonder...DD hasn't yet converted to her own MDE, so maybe I needed to change my reservation first since I'm the account owner? Maybe this is intentional programming? 🤷‍♀️

(DD's name popped up first in order so that's why I started with hers instead of mine.)

3. Park Pass reservations are now associated with a ticket, not a guest. This change means a guest can have a Park Pass reservation for different tickets they may hold, such as a single-day ticket and an annual pass. Previously, this required multiple profiles within a single My Disney Experience account, leading to a complicated error-prone setup.

Interesting! Does this mean that if I have a PH ticket and a non-PH ticket in my account, I won't have to go to Guest Relations first to prioritize entry because it will pull the ticket entitlement from the one that has the reservation?

Interesting! Does this mean that if I have a PH ticket and a non-PH ticket in my account, I won't have to go to Guest Relations first to prioritize entry because it will pull the ticket entitlement from the one that has the reservation?
Yes, that's what this means.

There was someone who posted that they wanted to go 14 days in a row, and had a 10-day ticket and a 4-day ticket. Because it was cheaper, they wanted to use the first 3 days of the 10-day ticket, then use all the days of the 4-day ticket, then the remaining 7 days of their 10-day ticket. This would make it work for them.

Interestingly enough I went to check my reservations and found that you are still given a choice between "Book Park Reservation for Hotel Guest" and "Book Park Reservation". There are 4 of us staying at a resort and another friend coming who has an annual pass. I had to individually cancel each single reservation. I then selected "Book Park Reservation for Hotel Guest" and was able to select everyone including the annual pass person. I created the reservation but was only given a cancel option for the reservation on my management page. I then cancelled that reservation and recreated it selecting the "Book Park Reservation" option and was able to select everyone and create the reservation. For this reservation, I was given the modify option and cancel option.

This change might mean that Annual Passes could resume. The lawsuit potential of the reservation issue is gone.

Previously, if all the Annual Pass reservations were booked, but regular tickets had openings, Annual Passholders could not go to the parks. Now, they have the same priority.
This is what I thought too which is a fairly big deal. Especially because they always said how the reservation system allows them to create a more ‘favorable guest mix’. Meaning a good balance of AP and regular ticketed guests. For obvious reason$. So that would seemingly go away with this it would seem and the only mix they can control now is resort guest vs non resort. I see this as a much bigger deal than first glance. I’m still not confident AP’s will resume imminently. That’s one (not so direct way) of controlling guest mix. Although it does point to some progress suggesting some level of hope they open up.

My suspicion is that when whey open up AP’s again, it’s going to be done like every other online queuing thing they do for special stuff. (Run Disney events, previews, etc). Meaning they will have a limited number of them that they are letting out in the wild and you gotta get in a queue and hope you are one of the lucky ones. This is because I don’t think it’s a “come one come all” sort of thing that will be open indefinitely. Oh no… limited time window and probably “while supplies last”.

If you're trying to modify park reservations you might need to finagle it and play around to get it to work.

I just ran across a hiccup where I tried to change for DDs MK day to DHS and it showed there were no reservations available for any of the 4 parks for our entire stay (the calendar for Sept gives full availability for all 4 so it wasn't that).

Next, I went into my name and I was able to change it - the only block out was the park I originally reserved which made sense. After changing my reservation, I then went back to DD's reservation and at that point all days popped up for our stay as available to modify.

Edited to add: I wonder...DD hasn't yet converted to her own MDE, so maybe I needed to change my reservation first since I'm the account owner? Maybe this is intentional programming? 🤷‍♀️

(DD's name popped up first in order so that's why I started with hers instead of mine.)
Replying to self -
So maybe user error with aging eyes?? I just got home and tried again for DD another day as a test, not to really change it, and it seems to work OK now. I swear though before it was all blanked out...right now I am seeing blank outs but for the other days of our trip not the day I'm trying to change.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it was me or Disney IT on that one! Apologies for any confusion :)

Leave it to Disney to muck the IT things up when they think they're making improvements. I can confirm I'm seeing the same issues when trying to modify existing park reservations. All of my groups reservations are listed separately. If I try to modify any of the reservations, it will show no availability for any days that reservations have already been made. I had to go in and still cancel the existing reservation (which sends an e-mail confirmation now), and then the calendar day will show available to book a different reservation (which sends another e-mail confirmation). It seems like the modify reservation option is not ready for primetime ... or it's just not very intuitive.

Another question for down the road ... but if you keep the park reservations separate for your party as it's now showing for most, will that cause any issues when booking groups for G+ or ILL's? Just concerned that it may not find all the guests in your group to be selectable at one time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter