Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Country Bears Are Greeting Guests Again in Magic Kingdom
A Cast Member said that today is the FIRST day the Country Bears are back on the ground greeting guests in Frontierland.
AB089770-1F8B-4EB0-BFAD-FA080CE0AEFC.jpegCE8C73A0-EB38-49C7-947E-E2F2979C1C46.jpeg

In the My Disney Experience app, the Country Bears are still listed as sightings on the Country Bear Jamboree balcony, so your mileage may vary when it comes to meeting these bears in Frontierland in the future.

Disney Cruise Line 25th Anniversary Sweepstakes Celebrating the Silver Anniversary at Sea
This summer, experience the 25th Anniversary of Disney Cruise Line with a shining, shimmering and splendid celebration on board a magical cruise vacation! Celebrate 25 years of making magic, fun and memories with special limited-time offerings, like a new fireworks show on select “Silver Anniversary at Sea” itineraries, characters in anniversary attire, specialty merchandise and more.

Now through March 22, 2023, you can enter the Disney Cruise Line 25th Anniversary Sweepstakesfor a chance to win one of three grand prizes for you and up to three guests to be part of the Silver Anniversary at Sea.

Three grand prizes, each for up to 4 persons:

• One 7-night cruise from Port Canaveral on the Disney Fantasy
  • One 5-night cruise from Miami on the Disney Dream or Disney Magic
  • One 4-night cruise from Port Canaveral on the Disney Wish
Plus, get ready to enjoy everything else that makes a Disney cruise vacation special—playing the day away with some favorite Disney Characters, marveling at shows, relaxing in adult-exclusive spaces or adventuring into incredible kids’ clubs—all on your way to dazzling destinations in the Caribbean and Bahamas including a stop at our private island paradise, Castaway Cay.

Castaway Cay

For all the details on the Disney Cruise Line 25thAnniversary Sweepstakes, visit our sweepstakes website which includes information on the prizes, instructions on how to enter, and more.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter Sweepstakes between 2/22/23 at 12:00 PM ET and 3/22/23 at 11:59 PM ET. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., who are 18+ at time of entry. Limit 1 entry per person per day. See Official Rules for full details on how to enter, eligibility requirements, odds of winning, prize descriptions and limitations. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Disney Destinations, LLC, PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000.

A Cast Member said that today is the FIRST day the Country Bears are back on the ground greeting guests in Frontierland.
View attachment 742089View attachment 742090

In the My Disney Experience app, the Country Bears are still listed as sightings on the Country Bear Jamboree balcony, so your mileage may vary when it comes to meeting these bears in Frontierland in the future.
While I love love LOVE meeting characters, there was an odd charm to the Country Bears hanging out on the balcony as opposed to being on ground level. For some reason, I felt that really worked in that section.

Character strike in Disneyland Paris today!

During the first show of Shine Brighter (30th anniversary parade & show) character actors spontaneously went on strike. Only the dancers did the show this morning.

They had discovered that the actress playing Tiana is getting a higher salary due to the lack of actresses. The conflict was resolved (for now), and the characters did appear in the 2nd show of the day.

The news of the missing characters appeared on several social media pages, but I have only found a Dutch themepark page to report the reason.

Last edited:
Imagineering Files Permit for Removal and Disposal of Hydraulics from Splash Mountain

According to a permit filed by Walt Disney Imagineering, contractor Petrotech Southeast has been tasked with “removal and disposal of hydraulics” from Splash Mountain. The work is part of the transformation of Splash Mountain into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure and may provide a bit of insight into just how much work Imagineers are putting into creating a next-gen experience when the ride reopens.

Will Disney be trying to increase the hourly ride capacity during the overhaul?

View attachment 742089View attachment 742090

No, no, no, these guys creep me out, sorry!

Good Morning! Got back Friday from a wonderful trip to WDW to celebrate my niece's 30th birthday, we had a blast and thanks to a friend of hers back from her Disney CP program, who is still a CM, we were surprised with a sneak preview of Tron! Quite made up for the fact that I missed the AP previews by about a week! Got to see the Festival of the Arts at EPCOT, and hope to make it back, it was a lot of fun!

I hope to go back in December to celebrate my 60th!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be back and in planning mode. I was curious if this has been discussed or if someone could direct me in the right avenue. Has there been any conversation on if the virtual que for guardians will continue once tron starts? Just trying to figure out my days for park reservations. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be back and in planning mode. I was curious if this has been discussed or if someone could direct me in the right avenue. Has there been any conversation on if the virtual que for guardians will continue once tron starts? Just trying to figure out my days for park reservations. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
As of right now, there has been no official word from Disney as to whether Guardians will still have a VQ when Tron opens or not. We can only speculate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter