Disney News Round Up

I haven't been around much lately and I extend an apology to Rteetz for leaving him alone to do the rumor board, although you have done a GREAT job. Anyway I have a friend ( mock me and say im wrong I don't care im just posting what he tells me) who is pretty reliable when it comes to Disney stuff. He was pretty spot on about Disney Springs before they announced it and has been pretty accurate about other things stuff mostly relating to Walt Disney World. So here is some stuff I have "collected" for the post.

1. Frozen stage show is starting to look WAY more likely for Hollywood Studios. Its going to be based on how the Frozen stuff this summer does. Either a new show or possible extend the Sing-A-Long performance in the theater at the back of the parks. The Frozen wonderland is also planned to stay, possibly, if all goes well.

6. The yeti is partially working at Animal Kingdom. Apparently is arm is moving. This is said my multiple people and a couple cast members said he is receiving work after park closing.

Thanks for the updates & for the thread!

#1 - I was wondering if Frozen would be extended. We are going back in December & DD6 will love it!

#6 - Yeah!

I haven't been around much lately and I extend an apology to Rteetz for leaving him alone to do the rumor board, although you have done a GREAT job. Anyway I have a friend ( mock me and say im wrong I don't care im just posting what he tells me) who is pretty reliable when it comes to Disney stuff. He was pretty spot on about Disney Springs before they announced it and has been pretty accurate about other things stuff mostly relating to Walt Disney World. So here is some stuff I have "collected" for the post.

1. Frozen stage show is starting to look WAY more likely for Hollywood Studios. Its going to be based on how the Frozen stuff this summer does. Either a new show or possible extend the Sing-A-Long performance in the theater at the back of the parks. The Frozen wonderland is also planned to stay, possibly, if all goes well.

2. Big Thunder Mountain on track to receive the treatment Disneyland just got next year. It wont take near as long though since the track was replaced not to long ago.

3. Now take this as you may and bash me to your will but apparently the plans for Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios are more solid then people are thinking. What it looks like is the land gets 3 new rides. Hoth, Endor, and Tattonie are all on the slate with one area not really solid. I guess they are waiting for the new movie.

4. Magic Kingdom new fireworks in 2016 moving full steam ahead.

5. Reflections of Earth is actually being considered for replacement. Yep not joking. The show is 14 years old so something new wouldn't be bad.

6. The yeti is partially working at Animal Kingdom. Apparently is arm is moving. This is said my multiple people and a couple cast members said he is receiving work after park closing.

I agree with everything you have said. Except I have not heard anything about the Yeti, I guess when I am in the parks in two and a half weeks I will have to see for myself.

I am certainly surprised disney hasn't announced a stage show yet for Frozen It would be extremely popular and some of those other shows are just getting old and not as good as they used to be. I don't know if I would particularly miss any of the stage shows in DHS.

I have heard that maybe next year is when the Big thunder improvements will make there way to WDW.

As for Star wars yes the new movie is the thing they are waiting on, they really want to see how it is received by fans and the younger generations. They also want to include that new stuff in the land. 2020 is looking more and more likely.

Illuminations and Wishes are both over a decade old. Seeing what they did in tokyo with their new show its unbelievable i was stunned just by the video. I would assume news shows for both are in the works, even though i would miss illuminations it is my favorite.

Todays News so far!

1. Big one for some The Walt Disney World Railroad will be going down for a refurbishment. The closure begins on September 28 through to November 8, reopening to guests on November 9 2014. Emails being sent to guests who had booked the 'Disney’s Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour' indicate that the closure is due to "unforeseen track maintenance.
"http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/walt-disney-world-railroad/news/07jul2014-walt-disney-world-railroad-closing-for-refurbishment-later-this-year.htm

2. Some menu changes to the Harambe Nights events.
The Moroccan beef kefta with tamarind glaze is no longer served at the pre-show welcome reception, but is now available at the after-show street party.

The lamb chops have been discontinued from the menu completely.

3. Some Photos of the Fake rail line going up at DTD this is phase two. People will be able to go on top of these for seating. http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...t-side-highline-is-now-under-construction.htm

I agree with everything you have said. Except I have not heard anything about the Yeti, I guess when I am in the parks in two and a half weeks I will have to see for myself.

I am certainly surprised disney hasn't announced a stage show yet for Frozen It would be extremely popular and some of those other shows are just getting old and not as good as they used to be. I don't know if I would particularly miss any of the stage shows in DHS.

I have heard that maybe next year is when the Big thunder improvements will make there way to WDW.

As for Star wars yes the new movie is the thing they are waiting on, they really want to see how it is received by fans and the younger generations. They also want to include that new stuff in the land. 2020 is looking more and more likely.

Illuminations and Wishes are both over a decade old. Seeing what they did in tokyo with their new show its unbelievable i was stunned just by the video. I would assume news shows for both are in the works, even though i would miss illuminations it is my favorite.

Reflection of Earth is a fantastic show but liked you said is showing its age. I know Disney has the capability to do great things as far as shows are concerned. They cheap out on different things but fireworks and nighttime entertainment is not usually one of them......wish I could say the same about daytime parades. Also I personally don't know about the yeti. Ive tried finding more on it yet I cant. So we will see.

Reflection of Earth is a fantastic show but liked you said is showing its age. I know Disney has the capability to do great things as far as shows are concerned. They cheap out on different things but fireworks and nighttime entertainment is not usually one of them......wish I could say the same about daytime parades. Also I personally don't know about the yeti. Ive tried finding more on it yet I cant. So we will see.

I agree and if you haven't seen any video of the new show in Tokyo go see it I hope we get something like that. As for parades I think Steve Davison did a fantastic job with the new festival of fantasy parade. They have cut two parades over the last two years but Festival of Fantasy is surely an upgrade from what was before it. I'd also assume that Steve Davison would be working on these other projects he really is the best of the best when it comes to things like this. Speaking of night time things I would love to see a new night time parade at WDW.

I leave for WDW the 26th and have a FP+ scheduled for EE the 28th we will see then if the yeti is in any working order.

I also just saw some photos of Disney Shanghai and man that place is going to be huge and amazing. The roaring rapids, Tron and Treasure Cove area are all taking shape. The Castle isn't quite there yet but it is going to be the biggest disney has ever done.

I haven't seen any sources spill anything lately on wdwmagic so things must be quite. The spirit hasn't posted in a while either.

The Walt Disney World Railroad will be going down for a refurbishment. The closure begins on September 28 through to November 8, reopening to guests on November 9 2014. Emails being sent to guests who had booked the 'Disney’s Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour' indicate that the closure is due to "unforeseen track maintenance.
"http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/walt-disney-world-railroad/news/07jul2014-walt-disney-world-railroad-closing-for-refurbishment-later-this-year.htm

I was looking forward to my almost 3 year old riding the choo-choo. :sad:

I agree and if you haven't seen any video of the new show in Tokyo go see it I hope we get something like that. As for parades I think Steve Davison did a fantastic job with the new festival of fantasy parade. They have cut two parades over the last two years but Festival of Fantasy is surely an upgrade from what was before it. I'd also assume that Steve Davison would be working on these other projects he really is the best of the best when it comes to things like this. Speaking of night time things I would love to see a new night time parade at WDW.

I leave for WDW the 26th and have a FP+ scheduled for EE the 28th we will see then if the yeti is in any working order.

I also just saw some photos of Disney Shanghai and man that place is going to be huge and amazing. The roaring rapids, Tron and Treasure Cove area are all taking shape. The Castle isn't quite there yet but it is going to be the biggest disney has ever done.

I haven't seen any sources spill anything lately on wdwmagic so things must be quite. The spirit hasn't posted in a while either.

If you mean Once Upon A Time then yes saw it loved it. Steve Davidson is a genius and we can see Shanghai when you book them airline tickets with that lottery money you plan to win. Can you say first class. =)

you should have totally taken credit for that.... I would have.

Well got my honor to protect ya know. Anyway it is funny I didn't even begin to think about that being in there. Also im amazed more people are concerned about the news of it working some...nobody.

Well got my honor to protect ya know. Anyway it is funny I didn't even begin to think about that being in there. Also im amazed more people are concerned about the news of it working some...nobody.

honor shmonor. And I care about the yeti getting fixed, just don't believe it yet..........i

If you mean Once Upon A Time then yes saw it loved it. Steve Davidson is a genius and we can see Shanghai when you book them airline tickets with that lottery money you plan to win. Can you say first class. =)
Oh if only I could go. I would have trips booked to shanghai in 2015. And Paris, aulani, Tokyo and Hong Kong, even Disneyland as I have never been there either. It would be nice.

2. Big Thunder Mountain on track to receive the treatment Disneyland just got next year. It wont take near as long though since the track was replaced not to long ago.

5. Reflections of Earth is actually being considered for replacement. Yep not joking. The show is 14 years old so something new wouldn't be bad.

2. This has to be real. I really like all the new effects DL has been updating their attractions with (Indiana Jones, Alice and BTMRR) and the new effects would really improve this ride at MK.

5. I always thought that some sort of WOC would be a good replacement for Reflections. Not as Disney focused of course. With the new Animal Kingdom night show I think they are going in that direction though.

6. Well, let's pray for this one to be true :rotfl: considering they've been doing some refurbs at Expedition, I think this could be plausible.

Oh if only I could go. I would have trips booked to shanghai in 2015. And Paris, aulani, Tokyo and Hong Kong, even Disneyland as I have never been there either. It would be nice.

I just tell myself I will do it someday. Just starting saving them pennies is all I know lol.

2. This has to be real. I really like all the new effects DL has been updating their attractions with (Indiana Jones, Alice and BTMRR) and the new effects would really improve this ride at MK.

5. I always thought that some sort of WOC would be a good replacement for Reflections. Not as Disney focused of course. With the new Animal Kingdom night show I think they are going in that direction though.

6. Well, let's pray for this one to be true :rotfl: considering they've been doing some refurbs at Expedition, I think this could be plausible.

If they're going to finally replace the millennial show...which I doubt because its cheaper to sit on your thumbs...

Then it had better stay a "world" show...not some stupid commercial to children with princesses and Pixar references...

I've had enough of that being shoved down my throat at every turn.

If they're going to finally replace the millennial show...which I doubt because its cheaper to sit on your thumbs... Then it had better stay a "world" show...not some stupid commercial to children with princesses and Pixar references... I've had enough of that being shoved down my throat at every turn.
Yes I agree I hope it stays a world show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter