"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

So even with 2 reservations at 50s Primetime Cafe I still wont be able to go since it moved my HS day to last day

I'm sure you'll be able to get that reservation by the time of your trip, just keep checking. Even today people are cancelling tons of reservations based on their fastpass times etc.

Touring Plans also offers a free reservation finder that works pretty well if you wanted to try that.

Got 7DMT on 60+1

Tons of FP+ availability at MK that day which is weird. Even as of now, there is SDMT available that day.

As for me, I struck out on SDD at 60+2 and got an FOP (4:45pm) at 60+4

WDW Helpdesk finally was able to get back to me and remove all of my phantom ADRs.... then I called this morning and shaved $145 bucks off my room res, better than nothing. And I already bought tickets from UT to avoid the structure change... everything is looking smooth again (for now) -- unsure when or if there will be a trip after this one...

I have a long ways until my FP day but I'm going to lose it if Olaf is still showing up every 10 seconds... I'm really, really crossing my fingers here that along with the new ticket structure, several portions of the site get updated. I did notice today that they have new "wait" animations that have replaced Woody -- got an animated Big Thunder one and an animated Dapper Dans one. Cute... then it said "sorry, we are having trouble retrieving your room reservations" until I refreshed the page 3 times. OK one point for the fun animations, minus 10 for having trouble retrieving basic information.

WDW Helpdesk finally was able to get back to me and remove all of my phantom ADRs.... then I called this morning and shaved $145 bucks off my room res, better than nothing. And I already bought tickets from UT to avoid the structure change... everything is looking smooth again (for now) -- unsure when or if there will be a trip after this one...

I have a long ways until my FP day but I'm going to lose it if Olaf is still showing up every 10 seconds... I'm really, really crossing my fingers here that along with the new ticket structure, several portions of the site get updated. I did notice today that they have new "wait" animations that have replaced Woody -- got an animated Big Thunder one and an animated Dapper Dans one. Cute... then it said "sorry, we are having trouble retrieving your room reservations" until I refreshed the page 3 times. OK one point for the fun animations, minus 10 for having trouble retrieving basic information.
I purchased tickets yesterday from Undercover Tourist I need to link, but I am waiting until some of this mess is fixed.

I purchased tickets yesterday from Undercover Tourist I need to link, but I am waiting until some of this mess is fixed.

Yeah me too... I did hard tickets since I'm going before their hard ticket cut-off date, they came in the mail yesterday but I didn't link them, just tucked them away in my bedroom for a bit, because once I link them who knows what the heck they'll do to my app. :P

The website says I have to wait until September 26, 2018 before I can make a FP+. Maybe my calendar is broken....

The app just says "Something went wrong"

To be fair it's only a few minutes after 7 a.m. so I'll keep plugging and see where this goes.

Mike
It says that more often than not, I just keep trying, and generally I get there after a few tries! Perseverance !

I've been to Disney a few times since MDE has been in place and I have always thought it was a great app. Sure, it has a few issues here and there, but show me an app that doesn't. Especially one as robust as this app is. I was able to get my 60 days fast passes easy this morning and got what I wanted.
I’m glad you’ve had a good experience. I’m really wondering what apps you’re using because if these issues are typical for you...I think you need some new apps.

From my perspective, I’ve been using all kinds of applications on all kinds of platforms for thirty-five years and it’s rare that I’ve run across one with this many problems.

I guess it really is true what they say...you mileage may vary. ;)

Mike

Last edited:
Ok so as of yesterday all was well, October long weekend with my dd for our birthdays is all set, room only and ap's for both of us and all FP+ and ADR's are fine.

December trip is also fine, room only for myself and my 2 dd's , 3 ap holders, two ADR's -

Additional info - after lots of issues of every and any kind last year on every trip we have scaled down our Disney trips. October Disney trip is a last minute favor for my dd for our birthdays. Thanksgiving has always been at Disney and this year it is all universal. Christmas/New Years is always at Disney and this year just 3 days at Disney because my kids just love Christmas at Disney, 3 days at Disney 6 at Universal / SeaWorld.

So today my dd asked to go to one MNSSHP during our Oct trip - on her birthday - on her own dime, well I can't book her a ticket! I can get to the cart and then there are no guests available to assign to the ticket. Then it takes me back to a log in page with a random email that isn't mine. Ugh … maybe 100 back in her pocket ?

I am still getting: "We are temporarily unable to display your entire Itinerary.
The plans on this page may be incomplete. "

Then I got a email stating it was time to book my fastpasses. I booked those 2 weeks ago. I am really worried about my trip. I wish they would go with express pass system like other parks do.

I’m glad you’ve had a good experience. I’m really wondering what apps you’re using because if these issues are typical for you...I think you need some new apps.

From my perspective, I’ve been using all kinds of applications on all kinds of platforms for thirty-five years and it’s rare that I’ve run across one with this many problems.

I guess it really is true what they say...you mileage may vary. ;)

Mike

I guess you are having a lot more problems with MDE than I am. My issues have been very minimal.

Good for you? I'm not clear why you felt the need to jump 13 pages in to a 15 page thread of people trying to resolve their issues just to let everyone know you don't have any problems.

These aren't "a few issues here and there", this is a major outage. I'm glad you're lucky enough to be unaffected but please don't rub it in other peoples faces.

Matt

There are new people to this site/Disney that will be using the app. I was giving my feedback so they can see it is not all bad. I'm sorry you were not able to comprehend that. Perhaps you can relax quite a bit.

I guess you are having a lot more problems with MDE than I am. My issues have been very minimal.
Actually, I'm not really having many issues at all. Those I have had with the app were fixed with re-starting the app. Once I had to reinstall.

You stated “Sure, it has a few issues here and there, but show me an app that doesn't.

I’m sorry if I misunderstood but I took that to mean you had a few issues and considering what others have listed as issues...

Although I haven’t had many problems, I consider the need to restart the app or even reinstall it to be a major problem and, IMHO, indicative of poor coding. I have a couple of dozen apps on my phone. I don’t even have minor glitches with those so any problems with MDE make it a standout.

My 2¢ FWIW.

Mike

Actually, I'm not really having many issues at all. Those I have had with the app were fixed with re-starting the app. Once I had to reinstall.

You stated “Sure, it has a few issues here and there, but show me an app that doesn't.

I’m sorry if I misunderstood but I took that to mean you had a few issues and considering what others have listed as issues...

Although I haven’t had many problems, I consider the need to restart the app or even reinstall it to be a major problem and, IMHO, indicative of poor coding. I have a couple of dozen apps on my phone. I don’t even have minor glitches with those so any problems with MDE make it a standout.

My 2¢ FWIW.

Mike

If you found apps that have no issues, I am happy for you. Facebook, Instagram etc all have occasional or intermittent issues. I code software myself. Issues happen.

For what its worth. My wife and I, just got back from a trip. Some of our old cancelled reservations re-appeared a few weeks ago and I could not remove them. After reading reports here, I decided to just leave them be. We left WDW on monday and have not been charged any fees for the reservations we couldn't cancel. So other than having them in our plans on the app, it did not effect or trip at all.

I have been on the phone 3 times with internet support in the last 10 days. My hotel link has disappeared, so technically, I can not book 60 days out. Tech booked all my FPs, but I am not able to change any of them. Still not working, and sometimes the FPs do not show up. When I have spoken with tech, it appears that any changes are reflected on their end, they just are not posting to MDE. Still love it when I am on hold and the voice prompt says "We are experiencing issues with MDE while we are adding magic".

I am still getting: "We are temporarily unable to display your entire Itinerary.
The plans on this page may be incomplete. "

Then I got a email stating it was time to book my fastpasses. I booked those 2 weeks ago. I am really worried about my trip. I wish they would go with express pass system like other parks do.

I also received an email that says I can book my fastpasses. I have a trip in 18 days which I already booked them for. I also have a trip in January which FP can't be booked until November.

I'm afraid to even go in MDE at this point because its so messed up. It would be great if I could book FP for the January trip.

All DH info (magic bands, and fast passes) got moved from our October reservation to his MDE account which is managed by me. I left it alone and hope everything is ok when we get there. I did get both of our MB.

I have been on the phone 3 times with internet support in the last 10 days. My hotel link has disappeared, so technically, I can not book 60 days out. Tech booked all my FPs, but I am not able to change any of them. Still not working, and sometimes the FPs do not show up. When I have spoken with tech, it appears that any changes are reflected on their end, they just are not posting to MDE. Still love it when I am on hold and the voice prompt says "We are experiencing issues with MDE while we are adding magic".
Wow. That is just wrong. Disney has to figure out why the app & web site aren't properly linking to whatever database holds our data.

It seems that it’s been working out in the with minimal impact in the end but you can’t help but worry.

Not to mention all the extra time it takes to accomplish what should be simple tasks. There shouldn't be so much stress involved with booking a vacation. Especially for what we’re paying.

This is without a doubt some of the worst software I've ever seen...and yet, some posters want us to believe that this is typical and issues happen.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter