"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

I've been trying to edit and download pictures from my trip a couple of weeks ago from Memory Maker and I am not having much luck.

FPs I've had for a month have disappeared. Other FPs that were for 7 are now for 5. So frustrating.

I leave in 2 weeks and when I went to log on to review our plans it will not bring anything up.

What kills me is the Touring PLans app works perfectly, I can see the park hours, the menus, my plans I've made. It gives me real time wait times. And I'm sure TP isn't a multi million dollar company like WDW. So maybe Disney should contact TP and see who they use for IT?????

To be fair, Touring Plans does not experience anywhere near the amount of traffic and activity that Disney does. They cannot be compared.

We have booked and managed a number of trips on MDE and have never run into issues booking our dining, booking our FP, booking add’l FP or checking wait times in the park. No lost plans ever (although, I don’t check plans often.) I know many people experience issues frequently and I know it is very frustrating - I would be frustrated too. We have somehow been lucky to avoid issues. I do mentally prepare myself for issues every time because of frequent reports on here of things not working.

I booked FP this morning fully expecting to have a problem since people have been having so much trouble lately but surprisingly everything went very smoothly.

Last edited:

All of these problems aren't anything new. MDE and Disney's website in general have had major problems for many years. Talking to CM's it's clear that Disney knows about the problems over the years and people are displeased. So as the OP's question asked, what does it take for Disney to fix it properly? MDE and the website have been rewritten and updated several times to no avail. It appears Disney is trying but lack the technical expertise to do so.

I suspect that this *might* have something to do with their decision several years back to get ride of pretty much their entire IT team, and hire foreign visa holders to take their place.

I suspect that this *might* have something to do with their decision several years back to get ride of pretty much their entire IT team, and hire foreign visa holders to take their place.

Some people were asked to train their replacement

Just curious................. has anyone called into the help desk in the last couple of days? I was wondering what "magical updates" you were told was going on to prevent any plans from being seen by any devise.

Just curious................. has anyone called into the help desk in the last couple of days? I was wondering what "magical updates" you were told was going on to prevent any plans from being seen by any devise.

I tried the chat feature today... and was basically told there was nothing he could do to help me. He couldn't fix the fact that I'm on my friend's FastPass, he can't fix the app or anything else. He couldn't even escalate it to any other level. It was up to me to make calls to the IT department (I asked if he could just contact them for me so I didn't have to start over - can't they send in a ticket or something - nope. Just me. Only I have the power to fix MDE.)

I tried the chat feature today... and was basically told there was nothing he could do to help me. He couldn't fix the fact that I'm on my friend's FastPass, he can't fix the app or anything else. He couldn't even escalate it to any other level. It was up to me to make calls to the IT department (I asked if he could just contact them for me so I didn't have to start over - can't they send in a ticket or something - nope. Just me. Only I have the power to fix MDE.)
That's very disappointing.

Some people were asked to train their replacement
And I am certain that the employees who knew that they were about to be out of a job really put forth their best effort in training their replacements. Of course, we can just look at the results.

It's Disney IT - they might as well have had a pantomime trying to help you !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter